Good Isaan Ladies don't drink...or Do they?

thehelmsman

I don't drink

Really.Why do I find your post completely uninteresting?

I never trust a bloke who don't drink, just no natural is it

So drinking a nasty chemical that poisons your mind and body is 'natural'! I would say that not drinking the said chemical is way more natural!!

MOVED to the Baptist Forum

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife never has and I doubt ever will drink alcohol.

She is not from "Isaan" but would tell you where to go if you attempted to "persuade" her.

So , what is the problem , if your wife , just happened to be from Issan .?

There is so much prejudice , against Issan ladies , why ?

Please enlighten , the uneducated , why you and your wife have this anti Issan , attitude . coffee1.gif

Off topic maybe. But my experience based upon ladies comments, is that Isaan ladies are the "Negroes " of Thailand.

Mostly poor, uneducated, and very dark skin.

The do not represent the desire of many of these ladies to be white and hiso looking.

PS: I personally like the Isaan ladies as I like darker skin and feel they are more real and down to earth.

She is not from "Isaan" but would tell you where to go if you attempted to "persuade" her.

Please enlighten , the uneducated , why you and your wife have this anti Issan , attitude . coffee1.gif

Off topic maybe. But my experience based upon ladies comments, is that Isaan ladies are the "Negroes " of Thailand.

The do not represent the desire of many of these ladies to be white and hiso looking.

PS: I personally like the Isaan ladies as I like darker skin and feel they are more real and down to earth.

As harsh as it seems, I have experience the same silliness. It's evidenced in the crappy thai soaps where the bad guys/girls seem to frequently dress in black &/or have darker skin.

Crazy but true.

As harsh as it seems, I have experience the same silliness. It's evidenced in the crappy thai soaps where the bad guys/girls seem to frequently dress in black &/or have darker skin.

Crazy but true.

Question ? Where does it start to be a " Good Isaan Lady " or not who wlll make the definition and by the way nice to read : it's old but nothing changed :

Isan women drinking too much booze | Bangkok Post: news

Isan women drinking too much booze

More than half of northeastern women drink alcohol regularly, both during festivities and everyday life, according to a civic group survey.

Out of the 400 women surveyed in five Isan provinces, 59% said they regularly drink beer or liquor.

Also, 15% of them insisted they were not alcoholics, said Suphaphon Thongsu, director of the Foundation for Community Soul, which conducted the survey.

They cited a range of reasons for drinking, including social gatherings to the ease of buying alcohol at village shops with no closing hours.

Most like drinking beer and lao khao, or white liquor, which is most popular among the elderly, especially during parties and cultural events, according to the poll, which was highlighted at a seminar on a campaign for reducing alcohol consumption among women at the Rajvithi Home for Girls in Bangkok.

"A shocking finding was that women aged between 50 and 60 years drink every morning and night without caring about the impact on their health," said Ms Suphaphon, adding that over-consumption of alcohol is dangerous.

The intake of 9.6 grammes of alcohol a day can lead to alcoholism and greater amounts can put drinkers at high risk of accidents, said Ms Suphaphon.

Also, most cases of violence in families result from alcohol abuse.

A women's rights advocate linked the alcohol addiction to Thailand's male-dominated society. Many upcountry women have small roles and almost no means for social expression. As a result, they drink alcohol to help "release pressure" during celebrations, considered as their space for expression, said Chadet Chaowilai, director of the Women and Men Progressive Movement Foundation.

He called on the Public Health and Social Development and Human Security ministries to provide venues for women to complain, express their views and initiate creative activities.

I started this thread talking about Isaan ladies in an Isaan forum, but it always gets turned around to bar girls. Then of course there's the copy and paste of ridiculous facts done by the studious types. My take on all this is that many ladies give their foreigner a false impression of themselves.

Getting one that does not drink, smoke or gamble is easy, one that does not moan and give you the silent treatment that's a lot

harder smile.png

Fyck me when did you meet my wife? Lol my longest stretch is a week in the dog house. Thankfully my dogs are good listeners. I know its all sweet when she starts bringing me food again.

Getting one that does not drink, smoke or gamble is easy, one that does not moan and give you the silent treatment that's a lot

harder smile.png

Fyck me when did you meet my wife? Lol my longest stretch is a week in the dog house. Thankfully my dogs are good listeners. I know its all sweet when she starts bringing me food again.

I know you make light of it, but no way I would put up with that. Maybe you deserved it, OK.

But I assume that means no Booming for one week at least.

You take care of her, etc., etc? But, I guess we know who the boss is.

No way for me.

Your longest stretch? I assume that means there are others.

A great example of why not to get married.

PS: I have been married so I get it. Which is why I would never ever get married again.

I dont know about "good Isaan" ladies and I dont know many of them.

All I know is , my wife, her family and our friends.

My wife dont drink,

Which made it very difficult for me , as It usually requires a fair amount of alcohol to get the ladies to like melaugh.png

After seven years of marriage I finally got her to drink a little wine! I guess being married to me would drive any woman to drink.tongue.png

Never seen her mom sister or any of her aunts drink.

harder smile.png

I know you make light of it, but no way I would put up with that. Maybe you deserved it, OK.

But I assume that means no Booming for one week at least.

You take care of her, etc., etc? But, I guess we know who the boss is.

No way for me.

Your longest stretch? I assume that means there are others.

A great example of why not to get married.

PS: I have been married so I get it. Which is why I would never ever get married again.

Haha appreciate the comments, but where to begin. Me personally never wanted to get married or have kids but then met a staunch bird with a heart of gold that changed my mind. Yep marriage is a massive compromise but also has some great rewards. I can tell you I am not the easiest bloke to live with and most of the time shit is my fault. I used to try and go the western way of blueing about it and smashing it out (argument wise) but that gets you no where either. I guess in some way no one should get married cos as blokes we all know you couldnt even stand being with your best mate all day every day forever little lone a bird (feel free to start flaming about how your missus is your best friend et.al.). Once kids and family and everything else comes into play you have to give a little. Have no fear I certainly wear the pants in my household but copping the silent treatment for me being a prick occassionally seems a reasonable cop. Definitely better than the alternative. Mostly I was being tounge in cheek but you went all fair dinkum on me so there you go.

My wife is from Isaan, she is a good wife, and she drinks.

That makes me unique here on TV (or at least in this thread)

Same same , i like a beer or two with my meal , and wife enjoys a spy or three ,

after which , we both chill out , and enjoy , the fact that we cope with the everyday issues

relax and chile out together , then make love , complete bliss .

Without that , what do you and her , have in common , boredom ,is the slowest death .RIP

Same same , i like a beer or two with my meal , and wife enjoys a spy or three ,

after which , we both chill out , and enjoy , the fact that we cope with the everyday issues

Without that , what do you and her , have in common , boredom ,is the slowest death .RIP

Hey, at least you have that.

I agree some of these girls can be boring.

They seem to like to do much of nothing.

The really hard drinkers in the villages do serious damage to themselves. I measured one of the villagers with my blood pressure unit.His blood pressure was normal, but his pulse rate was 115 bpm. Tachycardia caused by a lifetime of Lao Kaow.

Is that House or Techno?

Hey, at least you have that.

I agree some of these girls can be boring.

They seem to like to do much of nothing.

Archived