New Brexit polls suggest shift in favour of leaving the EU

webfact

David Kuo from a Singapore based financial advisory company. "If Brexit wins, China has said it will be 1st in the queue to sign a FTA with the UK."

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the pound has gone up in value so the gensral view is that the brexit vote may have dropped

The general view would be wrong, instead folks need to look to the US Fed interest rate decision of yesterday which kicked rate rises back into the long grass.

Edited by chiang mai

My wife and I are enjoying what may be well her last visa as the spouse of an EU citizen. temps in the low 30's and with low humidity makes it very pleasant.

I fail to understand how anyone with any self respect can advocate leaving the EU and remain a member of this forum.

Agreed, completely.

My wife and I are enjoying what may be well her last visa as the spouse of an EU citizen. temps in the low 30's and with low humidity makes it very pleasant.

I fail to understand how anyone with any self respect can advocate leaving the EU and remain a member of this forum.

Is this a joke? My wife and I are still voting leave.

I fail to understand how you, of all people Sandy, could come out with such an idiotic post.

The unbiased FT has now declared its hand.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2016/jun/16/eu-referendum-live-osborne-brexit-budget-leave-tories

Bless their cotton sox. We love Cammy

Absolute rubbish yet again, the reasons were set out succinctly in the editorial that was posted, anything you heard and saw on the media is superfluous and of course, out of context, again. When asked what he thought of Camerons position in the event of Brexit, the reply came, I cant see David Cameron surviving. When asked about the economy in the event of Brexit, the reply came back as you posted, people underestimating the severity.

As for newspapers and contributions to the debate: if you want fact, read a factual newspaper or periodical, don't read Desmond or Murdoch because they're in the business of selling tabloid copy by any means, fact is not important for either of them. Posting links to tabloids get that post ignored by most people who can think or who are in search of facts.

You are starting to sound like Cameron and Osborne CM. I think the term is rattled.

Are you denying that coming out in support of remain makes them bias ? They should have refrained and at least appeared neutral.

Facts CM. You want to talk about facts.

How bizarre. I have asked you direct questions on facts of the true costs of the UK's membership of the EU, not once, but 3 times and you have ignored it every time. You also refuse to touch with a barge pole the ECB's 5 phase operation to complete Monetary Union and Policy

I asked this, as you are a true font of knowledge and would have opened up a whole new range of debating points applicable to the topic, instead of continually going around in circles.

What conclusions should I draw that you refuse to discuss it ?

Blah blah blah, you and your famous question - I haven't ignored your question, I've told you I'm not interested in answering it. And I'm not interested in having a debate about economics with somebody who doesn't even know what the word means. So no, there will be no discussion between us and I care not a jot what conclusions you want to draw because given your track record in this thread, I am confident they will be the wrong ones, again.

And whilst posting, is it really necessary for you to post a reply to every single post in this thread, can you not just say what you have to say and be done from time to time!

This is easy sorted, simple answer his questions in a straightforward manner, failure for you to do so,and you've lost the arguement. Or to be more blunt "put up or shut up".

For those predicting doom and gloom for the UK economy after BREXIT ....

Germanys Largest Bank Says Massive UK Growth After Brexit BBC and Remainers Silent

Germanys largest bank has predicted British stocks will be the best performing in the continent and top UK firms will outperform EU rivals by as much as 5 per cent after a Brexit

Link here

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/06/15/germans-largest-bank-says-massive-uk-grown-brexit-bbc-remainers-silent/

Makes me smile ....

Nowhere did Deutsche speak of "massive growth".... and before stockpickers get too excited by

"Deutsche Bank concludes: In the case of a Leave vote in the UK referendum (a scenario to which bookmakers odds attribute a 30 per cent probability), we expect UK equities to outperform the European market, given GBP downside in such a scenario as well as the markets defensive sector structure.

let me tell you that outperforming does not mean the Footsie will increase in value. Just saying...... ;) And if we expats then convert our pounds into TBH then we´ll have no reason to rejoice either.....

Which ever way you read it, It's still opposite to the dire predictions comimg from the remain crowd

post-78707-0-51832200-1466131529_thumb.j

Given the high emotions especially amongst those voting to leave, I wonder how the Brexiteers will react if Britain votes to remain in the EU. I´d say that only a low single digit percentage number will accept it. The rest will start swearing and conjuring up conspiracy theories that will keep all of us entertained for weeks and months to come.... ;-))

I can´t wait ....

As a strong supporter of Britain obtaining it's independence from this so called corrupt Union, yet having continually predicted a win for the Remain side ( good job I have't placed a bet on that ) I will be very interested to read the result of the postal vote.

Jo Cox, Labour MP for Batley has been shot and killed by a man shouting, "Britain First". Wow!

Condolences to her family and friends and sympathies to the people of Batley.

Agreed this is very tragic,nobody should be murdered for their political position.

Seemingly the murderer has a long history of mental illness. But what I find puzzling,is how did he gain access to a gun.

Jo Cox, Labour MP for Batley has been shot and killed by a man shouting, "Britain First". Wow!

Condolences to her family and friends and sympathies to the people of Batley.

Agreed this is very tragic,nobody should be murdered for their political position.

Seemingly the murderer has a long history of mental illness. But what I find puzzling,is how did he gain access to a gun.

Sounds like he could have made it or adapted a deactivated one

"Thomas Mair spent around $620 in book orders from National Vanguard Books, the publishing arm of the National Alliance, including a manual he bought in 1999 that contained instructions on how to build a gun."

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/06/suspect-in-fatal-attack-on-uk-lawmaker-bought-us-neo-nazi-groups-gun-building-guide/

Why should anyone's opinion about the UK's relationship with the EU, or incidentally, your holiday plans have any bearing whatsoever on their membership of this forum?

that sort sums up how a Brexiteer sees the world?

Brexiteers are showing their true colors now - it all boils down to how racist you are...

https://twitter.com/zcbeaton/status/743397112923230212

Nazi-style anti-immigrant propaganda - check the photos

This is ludicrous.

So you think that the Brexit campaign staff went trawling through Nazi propaganda pics to copy? Really?

This is simply a picture of the masses coming to Europe illegally. It can't really be helped that they are all brown can it? These are the people that are flooding Europe with a goal to reach the UK. This in turn will decimate the British Healthcare system.

There is nothing racist about it.

This is just standard fare for the regressive left. Accusations of bigotry when anyone doesn't agree with your opinion.

Absolute rubbish yet again, the reasons were set out succinctly in the editorial that was posted, anything you heard and saw on the media is superfluous and of course, out of context, again. When asked what he thought of Camerons position in the event of Brexit, the reply came, I cant see David Cameron surviving. When asked about the economy in the event of Brexit, the reply came back as you posted, people underestimating the severity.

As for newspapers and contributions to the debate: if you want fact, read a factual newspaper or periodical, don't read Desmond or Murdoch because they're in the business of selling tabloid copy by any means, fact is not important for either of them. Posting links to tabloids get that post ignored by most people who can think or who are in search of facts.

You are starting to sound like Cameron and Osborne CM. I think the term is rattled.

Are you denying that coming out in support of remain makes them bias ? They should have refrained and at least appeared neutral.

Facts CM. You want to talk about facts.

How bizarre. I have asked you direct questions on facts of the true costs of the UK's membership of the EU, not once, but 3 times and you have ignored it every time. You also refuse to touch with a barge pole the ECB's 5 phase operation to complete Monetary Union and Policy

I asked this, as you are a true font of knowledge and would have opened up a whole new range of debating points applicable to the topic, instead of continually going around in circles.

What conclusions should I draw that you refuse to discuss it ?

Blah blah blah, you and your famous question - I haven't ignored your question, I've told you I'm not interested in answering it. And I'm not interested in having a debate about economics with somebody who doesn't even know what the word means. So no, there will be no discussion between us and I care not a jot what conclusions you want to draw because given your track record in this thread, I am confident they will be the wrong ones, again.

And whilst posting, is it really necessary for you to post a reply to every single post in this thread, can you not just say what you have to say and be done from time to time!

This is easy sorted, simple answer his questions in a straightforward manner, failure for you to do so,and you've lost the arguement. Or to be more blunt "put up or shut up".

I see three categories of poster for these things; those who I read and debate with; those whose existence I chose to completely ignore, e.g. woolloo.; and those I refuse to debate anything with, ever, e.g. the sarg., life is too short and too precious to spend time knocking ones head against concrete or talking to walls in foreign tongues. If anyone is unhappy with that they are free to put me on their ignore list.

Edited by chiang mai

Brexiteers are showing their true colors now - it all boils down to how racist you are...

This is ludicrous.

So you think that the Brexit campaign staff went trawling through Nazi propaganda pics to copy? Really?

This is simply a picture of the masses coming to Europe illegally. It can't really be helped that they are all brown can it? These are the people that are flooding Europe with a goal to reach the UK. This in turn will decimate the British Healthcare system.

This is just standard fare for the regressive left. Accusations of bigotry when anyone doesn't agree with your opinion.

'm afraid your ignorance is shameful - it is NOT a picture of people coming to Europe illegally - you are totally wrong - No - I think that this kind of false imagery comes naturally to racists - it instinctively appeals to them....they are prepared to use false imagery to try and stir up fear...remarkable how similar it is to previous far right organisations.

You like them fail to realise that those in the picture are refugees not immigrants to UK and you have a very naive idea about not only who they are ut where they want to go - (check the numbers) and you also fail to realise that in or out the flows of either will not change as they are governed by international treaties outside the EU.

however the underlying theme of you post really says it all - you are not concerned about the EU and Britain you appear solely concerned about KEEPING PEOPLE OUT which is a nape-of-the-neck racist concern not connected with the real issues of the EU.

PS - why is it that racist have to spend so much time arguing that they are not racists?

BTW - time and again I hear Brexitists citing Iceland, Noway and Switzerland as examples of how UK might be outside the EU - do you realise they are ALL signatories to Schengen which means no border controls for anyone in that zone?

Edited by cumgranosalum

This is ludicrous.

'm afraid your ignorance is shameful - it is NOT a picture of people coming to Europe illegally - you are totally wrong - No - I think that this kind of false imagery comes naturally to racists - it instinctively appeals to them....they are prepared to use false imagery to try and stir up fear...remarkable how similar it is to previous far right organisations.

You like them fail to realise that those in the picture are refugees not immigrants to UK and you have a very naive idea about not only who they are ut where they want to go - (check the numbers) and you also fail to realise that in or out the flows of either will not change as they are governed by international treaties outside the EU.

however the underlying theme of you post really says it all - you are not concerned about the EU and Britain you appear solely concerned about KEEPING PEOPLE OUT which is a nape-of-the-neck racist concern not connected with the real issues of the EU.

PS - why is it that racist have to spend so much time arguing that they are not racists?

Gawd....The racist card..........rolleyes.gif

Those that like to brand people racist should do a bit of fact checking before flapping their gums.

The picture used by the Farass team was taken in 2015 near the Slovenian Border. One of the first Countries to start banging up fences.

Why should anyone's opinion about the UK's relationship with the EU, or incidentally, your holiday plans have any bearing whatsoever on their membership of this forum?

BaldPlumber's post is spot on - how are those preferring Brexit (or having no concern for your holiday plans....) showing that they "have no respect" if they remain a member of this forum?

This is ludicrous.

Most of the people in this picture are not refugees. They are economic migrants, illegal immigrants.

Africans, Pakistanis, Afghans. There's plenty of statistics on the make up of the people that have been trekking to Europe.

And you accuse me of racism, just because I called someone an illegal immigrant. Yet here I am with a Thai wife and 2 mixed race kids. Funny form of racism, that.

You basically have no argument other than to call someone names. I am PRO legal immigration. I am PRO qualified refugees.

I am against opening the floodgates to economic migrants because I have a degree in economics but honestly, you don't a degree in economics, just more than an IQ of 30 to understand that unrestrained illegal immigration will bring down the economy of any country. It is not sustainable and needs to stop.

This is ludicrous.

Gawd....The racist card..........rolleyes.gif

I think it's the idiot card

BaldPlumber's post is spot on - how are those preferring Brexit (or having no concern for your holiday plans....) showing that they "have no respect" if they remain a member of this forum?
Thank you.

And in the true spirit of bremainers, he failed to answer my very simple question.

Interesting watch Daily Politics yesterday Andrew Neil was so angry with remain politicians who would not answer his question.

You got a link chum..?

Interesting watch Daily Politics yesterday Andrew Neil was so angry with remain politicians who would not answer his question.

You got a link chum..?

A common trait it would seem.