90 days reporting tricky situation

I am confused now. I am leaving just for few weeks and coming back. That's why I was wondering. Maybe don't need to report due to grace period

If the missing 90 day report is noticed by Immigration you will be fined 2-5000(max) Bht.

Best you make the report.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone. Well it looks like I have to do it. Just lost of half of day in immigration office. :-(

If you can't report online then send the report by mail 15 days before the due date. You'll probably get the acknowledgement back before you leave the country but at the least you'll have a record that it was sent.

If you don't report, and leave on day 93, it is highly unlikely that you will be fined for not reporting when reporting in the future.

I am confused now. I am leaving just for few weeks and coming back. That's why I was wondering. Maybe don't need to report due to grace period

If you will have been in the country for 90 days before you travel, a report must be made. The grace period does not change that.

Easy for you, just report online 15-7 days before your 90 days is up using the link below (practice when you have free time):

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

WARNING:

Attempted to use the above link twice and each time got a WARNING to say it is UNSAFE, Hackers could gain access to your Personal Info including Passwords, Banking Details etc.,

TAKE CARE FOLKS!

Personally, I thought the procedure and grace period was very clear. Taken from the Immigration info...

Procedure and notification

1. The foreigner makes the notification in person, or
  2. The foreigner authorises another person to make the notification, or
  3. The foreigner makes the notification by registered mail.
  4. The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires.
  5. The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

So yes there is 7 days grace before fines are imposed

And from the notes...

Note

• The notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days is in no way equivalent to a visa extension.
  • If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected. If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 4,000.- Baht.
  • If a foreigner leaves the country and re-enters, the day count starts at 1 in every case.

Seems pretty straight forward to me. whistling.gif

Here's the page with all detail

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

• Like 1

Personally, I thought the procedure and grace period was very clear. Taken from the Immigration info...

Procedure and notification

1. The foreigner makes the notification in person, or
  2. The foreigner authorises another person to make the notification, or
  3. The foreigner makes the notification by registered mail.
  4. The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires.
  5. The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

So yes there is 7 days grace before fines are imposed

And from the notes...

Note

• The notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days is in no way equivalent to a visa extension.
  • If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected. If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 4,000.- Baht.
  • If a foreigner leaves the country and re-enters, the day count starts at 1 in every case.

Seems pretty straight forward to me. whistling.gif

Here's the page with all detail

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

That page is for doing 90 day reports and does not apply to leaving the country after you have been here for over 90 days.

If you leave on or before the date you are here for 90 days then a report is not due. After that a report is due.

• Like 1

What's the big deal with the 90-day Report? At Pattaya Immo at 9:00 a.m. this morning it took exactly 2 minutes. I was next as the previous customer was just leaving. No forms, no copies, no photos. Passport with the previous slip which was was scanned, checked to see if my visa was current (it was extended after my last 90-day report), did not remove the old slip just inked in the new date and a "See you August 31." But then Pattaya seems to be far better than the other offices you read about. Somone deserves a medal or a bonus or a promotion or all of the above.

• Like 1

Did mine yesterday in Phuket....5 mins in line....2 mins sitting waiting to be called....less than 2 mins with Immigration guy.....very pleasant and easy experience. Sounds like Pattaya and Phuket have got it down to a fine art.

There seems to be varying replies , just give them a call .

Varying replies but some are wrong.

You have to report.

The rule is very clear.

Correct. However, the risk of being fined on your next 90 day report after returning is low. I was in the same position as the OP and, for many reasons, have taken the risk.

Thank you everyone. Well it looks like I have to do it. Just lost of half of day in immigration office. :-(

Are you kidding ? for 90 days report ?

That takes me ONLY 5-15 min in crowdy Jomtien office coffee1.gif

Are you kidding ? for 90 days report ?

That takes me ONLY 5-15 min in crowdy Jomtien office coffee1.gif

Lucky you! It can take hours in Bangkok. The reason I didn't do my last one is after waiting 3 hours to do a re-entry permit, there were still 150 ahead of me in the queue for 90 days. Mind you, that was shortly before Songkran.

It won't be tricky at all if you do it! Although you quote 7 days grace there is also a 15 day before due date in which you can do it. Do it by post if it is inconvenient to go to Immigration.

My interpretation of the 7 day grace period relates to you actually doing the report, not defaulting.