90 days reporting tricky situation

No need, there is a grace period of at least 7 days either side of the report due date.

Your return will reset the counter.

No there is not.

He needs to report or risk a 2,000 Baht fine.

Yes there is. You can do the report up to 14 days before or 7 days after. If you do before 7 days after you don't incur a penalty. Do 8 days after and you will be charged 2k ThB.

Now whether they would accept leaving during the 7 days period as equivalent to reporting is another matter. And as usual would be subject to each office and officers interpretation.

Where I go they remind you of the 14/7 days either way each time you do a report.

No need, there is a grace period of at least 7 days either side of the report due date.

No there is not.

Yes there is. You can do the report up to 14 days before or 7 days after. If you do before 7 days after you don't incur a penalty. Do 8 days after and you will be charged 2k ThB.

Now whether they would accept leaving during the 7 days period as equivalent to reporting is another matter. And as usual would be subject to each office and officers interpretation.

Where I go they remind you of the 14/7 days either way each time you do a report.

There seems to be varying replies , just give them a call .

Varying replies but some are wrong.

You have to report.

The rule is very clear.

I don't think the rule is clear concerning leaving within 97 days.

A report definitely becomes due if staying 91+ days, however, the rules state that fines are only imposed if reporting over 97 days. As someone leaving on day 93 is within the grace period and doesn't stay more than 97 days I don't see how they can ever be fined even if the missed report is discovered.

I'm told (by immigration) that the clock stops on exit and resets to day 1 on re-entry.

• Like 1

Why are some complicating the issue. If a 90 day report date is less than 7 days before an exit of Thailand then that report requirement is nullified by the very fact the reportee is no longer present .( No longer staying more than 90 days + 7 !) A re entry date is day 1 of the next 90 days regardless of time outside Thailand.

The non logic being suggested infers that a 90 day report date 1 day after an exit would need be actioned in the days before exit just to comply on the basis it is conversly possible.!

You need to do the report since you will be here over 90 day when you leave the country. Leaving the country does not count as doing a report.

With the exception that a 90 day reort can be made up to 7 days after or before the date due. Or has that changed?

15 days before and 7 days after,

Just as MoChit is the best place to get a drivers' license, Pattaya is the best place to do a 90 day report.

"Pattaya is the best place to do a 90 day report. "

In your opinion, Pattaya (Jomtien) is a "good" place to do a 90 day report. IMHO Sam Khok,(Pathum Thani) & Phitsanulok are just as good.

No there is not.

The ruling is very clear about this.

The grace period (15 days before and 7 days after) is only applicable for doing the 90 reporting in country.

The grace period does not count when leaving the country, in this case the reporting has to be up to date.

The likelihood of getting problems when leaving or returning to Thailand without the 90 day reporting is very slim but it is possible.

No there is not.

The ruling is very clear about this.

The grace period (15 days before and 7 days after) is only applicable for doing the 90 reporting in country.

The grace period does not count when leaving the country, in this case the reporting has to be up to date.

The likelihood of getting problems when leaving or returning to Thailand without the 90 day reporting is very slim but it is possible.

"The grace period (15 days before and 7 days after) is only applicable for doing the 90 reporting in country.

The grace period does not count when leaving the country, in this case the reporting has to be up to date.".

Kindly refer me to where this stated officially. I have exited several times within the grace period with question or problem at that time or upon return..

• Like 1