Im impressed with NETFLIX thailand. Glad to have cut the cord

davidst01

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Netflix us now blockiing MOST vpn services....

My free vpn's Zenmate...Tunnel Bear do not work with Netflix usa...

I hear via internet forums that www.expressvpn.com works to view Netflix content but it is a PAY service....

No fun if have to Pay...

Why not cut the cord with Netflix and cable and get Kodi. Totally free. Every movie and tv show from USA and UK. TOTALLY FREE. Commercial free and no ads. Watching YouTube videos will show you how to set it up. I originally had it on my laptop and connected the laptop to the TV to watch it but now have a smart tv and bought something called Mimix ( like Apple or Roku ) with Kodi pre loaded. Simple and easy to use.

It's called stealing that is why. It's not free.

Why not cut the cord with Netflix and cable and get Kodi. Totally free. Every movie and tv show from USA and UK. TOTALLY FREE. Commercial free and no ads. Watching YouTube videos will show you how to set it up. I originally had it on my laptop and connected the laptop to the TV to watch it but now have a smart tv and bought something called Mimix ( like Apple or Roku ) with Kodi pre loaded. Simple and easy to use.

It's called stealing that is why. It's not free.

It is not stealing at all. You can download Kodi at the App Store. No VPN needed. It is totally free. FREE,FREE, FREE and TOTALLY LEAGLE. Millions of people all over the world are using Kodi to Stream TV, sports events, listen to music stations from all over the world, and watch movies ( just watched Batman vs Superman ). Not one person has ever been prosecuted streaming from Kodi and again, millions of people are using it.

Edited by bustit997

It is not stealing at all. You can download Kodi at the App Store. No VPN needed.

It's not the app that's stealing it's the contents of the TV shows and movies. No different than walking into Big C and buying a DVD player but stuffing DVD discs into your pants.

It is not stealing at all. You can download Kodi at the App Store. No VPN needed.

It's not the app that's stealing it's the contents of the TV shows and movies. No different than walking into Big C and buying a DVD player but stuffing DVD discs into your pants.

Then by all means don't use it. Keep paying for a limited service while the rest of the world enjoys free and LEAGLE streaming services. Big difference between stealing from a store and using a free and leagle service to stream content. To bad you don't see the difference.

Edited by bustit997

Why would anyone pay for either Netflix or Iflix when they can get Kodi for free and watch anything you want.

Why would anyone buy anything from 7-11 when you can just stuff it in your jacket and steal it?

Kodi in and of itself is nowhere close to illegal.

Kodi is a media center software. That's it.

They actually distance themselves from any copyright infringement and rightfully so.

This is why 1channel, Exodus and others are not in the official repository.

What a person does with the software is their choice.

Unless you have a top notch internet connection streaming TV is impossible to watch. I have tried and gave up after seeing repeated buffering, pauses and connection drops. I will stick with Truevisions. It's only 50 baht a day and i get excellent HD reception, instant viewing of the channel i want, recording onto PVR, and no frustrating b

You must be in dial up still. Just a medium level connection is more than enough

That's right, I have a regular internet connection and most of the time the streaming is fine and on the site I listed there are different sites offered with the same show carried and some days one works better than another, you'll figure out which ones best for you. There is another site: http://www.theprojectfreetv.net/ that has some TV shows watchepisodes doesn't (like the Tunnel..good show) and also a good selection of movies archived. They just added some of the newer movies.

I think the selection of Netflix Thailand is very limited. After a month you have seen it all.

Does iFlix work on Samsung Smart TVs? Will have to give it a go - thanks mate.

I agree. Before Netflix Thailand rolled out I was getting the US Netflix via VPN. No comparison. We get Netflix Lite over here. I assume things will improve over time, but for now it's terribly limited.

Truevisions is not all that bad. They now broadcast series a couple hours after America. And the HD channels are ok. But its pricy at 2100 baht a month.

Oh dear! I am only paying 1500 baht a month for Platinum and I find them OK.

Netflix USA had a lot of great content that is not available here in Thailand - I am finding it limited and they just seemed to have discontinued a series I was near the end of watching!!

I am soon going to look for other options.

Get a vpn you'll need one eventually anyway here in Thailand.

Netflix, BBC iPlayer etc can all tell if you're using a VPN.

They didn't care before but now they do because content providers kicked up a stink about people watching shows in unlicensed territories.

Netflix Thailand is quite the disappointment

I eagerly switched on when I heard that season 4 of Kevin Spacey's "House of Cards" had just been released.

What did I find when I switched on? Only seasons 1 - 3.

Season 4 not licensed in Asia because some TV channel (Entertainment, I think) bought the rights to show the series in Thailand over 13 weeks.

Can't beat a private, subscription-based tracker, a 100Mbps fiber internet connection and a VPN provider that doesn't keep logs.

Downloaded the first episode in 720p within 5 minutes and the rest while I watched it

Truevisions is crap. They cut Al-Jazeera and BBC World News in HD.

Their movie selection is ancient but you have to remember that they cater to Thais and most Thais don't speak English.

No point downloading the latest Captain America movie using a torrent when there aren't any Thai subs.

I can no longer get Netflix in Thailand. For several months my VPN allowed me to log into my Netflix USA account, but now I get a message telling me I can no longer do this.

Is anyone here still able to log into their Netflix USA account with a VPN? If so, what VPN are you using.

Also, does anyone here know what's the difference between Netflix USA and Netflix Thai? What can't you receive here in Thailand?

Fortunately I can still access HBO Go here in Thailand with my VPN.

Why would anyone pay for either Netflix or Iflix when they can get Kodi for free and watch anything you want.

Why would anyone buy anything from 7-11 when you can just stuff it in your jacket and steal it?

They actually distance themselves from any copyright infringement and rightfully so.

Yes, as you say: "What a person does with the software is their choice.." And many of them choose to steal content.

You gotta be dense, or just don't give a s--t, if you think millions of people can "legally" watch thousands of movies, TV, etc. for free.

I'm confused. You said on the previous page that with Kodi you can "watch anything you want".

So how do you do that legally with Kodi..?

There is no legal way to "watch anything you want" with Kodi

but that doesn't make the Kodi software illegal

to watch the "illegal" stuff requires extras added onto Kodi which the developers do not endorse.

You can use Kodi to watch backup copies ( rips ) of your DVD and Bluray collection

from your home NAS nothing illegal about that.

Edited by johng

Netflix USA had a lot of great content that is not available here in Thailand - I am finding it limited and they just seemed to have discontinued a series I was near the end of watching!!

They didn't care before but now they do because content providers kicked up a stink about people watching shows in unlicensed territories.

No they can't. I really don't want to get into the specifics but all of Netflix content is available in Thailand as is Kodi. All the information is online or ask your VPN.

I can no longer get Netflix in Thailand. For several months my VPN allowed me to log into my Netflix USA account, but now I get a message telling me I can no longer do this.

Is anyone here still able to log into their Netflix USA account with a VPN? If so, what VPN are you using.

Also, does anyone here know what's the difference between Netflix USA and Netflix Thai? What can't you receive here in Thailand?

Fortunately I can still access HBO Go here in Thailand with my VPN.

Unogs.com ... All Netflix content by country.

No they can't. I really don't want to get into the specifics but all of Netflix content is available in Thailand as is Kodi. All the information is online or ask your VPN.

Yes they can.

Yes they can.

I emailed my VPN and they gave me a list of servers that they can't and they work. I know I tried them. Sorry you are wrong and the information is available on line as to which VPNs can access netflix.

Yes they can.
I emailed my VPN and they gave me a list of servers that they can't and they work. I know I tried them. Sorry you are wrong and the information is available on line as to which VPNs can access netflix.
No I'm not.

The five best VPN's to unblock netflix https://www.bestvpn.com/best-vpn-netflix/
In this top VPNs for Netflix list, we have been sure to include VPN providers that are making it central to their mission to keep finding ways to avoid becoming blocked. So far, the firms on this list have been successful in keeping up with Netflix’s efforts to block them. Though we admit that the situation is fluid, subject to change and not at all set in stone. It is also true that most VPN providers believe they will always be able to keep finding ways to circumnavigate the VPN blocking efforts. Good news indeed.
Letter from my VPN
Netflix started blocking VPN connections our development team are working on solutions.
We suggest to try the following servers:
- Denver-2, Los Angeles-4, Portland, Kansas, Atlanta
We believe Netflix still working on those servers.
Anyone can watch Netflix USA content anywhere.

I also liked Netflix, at first, their site if very well done but they hardly ever update their movies and they're even slow on their TV shows. Take one of my current favorites Black Sails, great show and you can see the new episodes sooner on this free TV Site: http://www.watchepisodes.to/ It has a fantastic selection of TV shows and if you register(no fees) they will send you email notices of new episodes as they're uploaded...great service. For movies I use http://rainierland.com/ and http://putlocker.is/ both are free, no need to pay True(except for the many sports junkies) or Netflix or buy cds anymore. Cheers, David

I was using Putlocker to watch Game of Thrones and I got a ransom virus which wiped out all my files/documents/photographs and e mail archives

The Mimix box sounds like a good option.

Where can those be purchased in Bangkok?

Thanks

Edited by PMZ

The actual correct brand name is Minix. You can find them in Fortune Ratchada by the dozen. They range from cheap models (4000 baht) to advanced models (5500 baht). Dont listen to those blowing the trumpet about Kodi plugins or eleise you might by disappointed. These channels are there but very unreliable.

Edited by sniffdog