No more SkySports HD on iLikeHD

Just Curious

I've just had email confirmation that since today there is no longer HD streaming of any of the SkySports channels. Picture is now very ordinary. Their customer service is prompt and courteous, but I'm getting tired of their excuses for reduced services.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still getting Sky Sports with English/UK Premium Package? (iLikeHD)

Yes, but not HD, is what OP was pissed off with.

Exactly and when they recently had problems with Premier Sports and I contacted them, they simply said that they were considering removing it from their offerings (It shows all the NRL games from Australia live). Fortunately, after some backwards and forwards banter with them the seem to have "resolved" the problem rather than taking the easy way out.

As said, they do communicate well, but as they have reminded me before, If I don't like it, go elsewhere. Where though??

If you do lose Premier Sports, you could give this a whirl, they have PS. - http://www.uktvnow.net/download.php I have it on my tablet, but it does work on Windows too. Not sure about the quality of Sky Sports / Movies, or reliability, but a lot of channels....and FREE!

Happy you're happy, but watching tv on a mobile or tablet doesn't really compare to watching it on a 40" screen.

Given that Sky Sports HD costs over £100 a month in the UK it's hardly surprising these cheaper options available in Thailand will one day become redundant,no matter the legalities it's simply theft and will become increasingly difficult in time for people such as ilikeHd to offer these services IMO.

If you do lose Premier Sports, you could give this a whirl, they have PS. - http://www.uktvnow.net/download.php I have it on my tablet, but it does work on Windows too. Not sure about the quality of Sky Sports / Movies, or reliability, but a lot of channels....and FREE!

Happy you're happy, but watching tv on a mobile or tablet doesn't really compare to watching it on a 40" screen.

I know, but like I said , you can get it on Windows, and then connect to your TV with the HDMI lead, which is what I do now to enjoy Thai Expat ,Expat Premium, and IlikeHD.....sorted!

I watch Skysports and other IPTV on a 60" screen, and i can hardly see a difference with a sports stream in 720p or 576p.

Sky Sports HD costs over £100 a month

The real theft ----> £100 a month is just obscene !!!

It's no different to buying the Truevisions Platinum package in Thailand.

Average daily wage 250/300 baht a day.

True visions Platinum package = 2300 baht a month.

I appreciate when people live as expats that everything they once had to pay for back home suddenly becomes a God given right to have for either free or at the local price as in ilikehd I was guilty of that myself.

Edited by stoneyboy

Just to watch television, unbelievable, go outside and play,

oh sorry you can't it's raining, get out anyway you ,,,,,,,,

sedentary person.

I appreciate when people live as expats that everything they once had to pay for back home suddenly becomes a God given right to have for either free or at the local price as in ilikehd I was guilty of that myself.

For me the big unresolved issue is whether Truevisions, CTH or BeIn sport will be screening EPL live in LOS from August? I'll definitely be cancelling my CTH subscription, if they are not showing live EPL, but am loathe to do so until there is a definitive statement from someone.

For me the big unresolved issue is whether Truevisions, CTH or BeIn sport will be screening EPL live in LOS from August? I'll definitely be cancelling my CTH subscription, if they are not showing live EPL, but am loathe to do so until there is a definitive statement from someone.
Me too ,although I understand that True is most likely because of bein connection. CTH have definitely lost it so if you don't watch TV much outside EPL and want to save subscription,I reckon you're safe to cancel. You could always resurrect in any case. Anyone know why it hasn't been released yet given that it really isn't that long before start of new season in terms of wanting to market and sell packages?

I was considering ilikehd but have concerns about download speed and reliability as I've no cable option where I live . Why the loss of HD streaming (SD is pretty poor afterwards) and is it a precursor to losing it altogether? I'd welcome suggestions on any of these points.

Heard a while ago that Bein were going to get the EPL contract. If you look on the Sport channels on IlikeHD, they have no less than 10 Bein channels sat there waiting for the moment!

Yes. They must know something.

I have been a subscriber to iLike HD for some time now. The range of channels they offer us un-matched by any other provider. I have seen a rise and fall in their quality over the period of my subscription. There was a gradual rise until they started to add more and more channels. The advent of their new beta website was initially promising, however the current situation appears to be slanted in the direction of compatibility with their new "Mini box" which they have started selling.

I find more and more "minor" channels constantly buffering on my Samsung Smart TV. I suspect that it is the incoming signal on these channels and not my internet or TV since some "major" channels, such as BBC, have a constant non-buffering picture.

I have also noticed the fall in picture quality from 720 to 480 on more and more channels. I would be interested to know if a majority of their channels are in fact HD.

As far as I remember, they have only ever had one or two CTH Arena channels in 1080 available to Thai channel subscribers.

Sky Sports has never been 1080.

Edited by rawhod

Just checked...

All Sky Sports are streaming in 720 HD.

Whereas up until June 1 they were in 1080 Full HD. I can certainly tell the difference in quality on my TV.

I never used to get 1080 on Sky Sports, it was always 720. The only channel with 1080 was CTH Channel 6, and the difference in picture and sound quality was incredible.

Just checked...

Whereas up until June 1 they were in 1080 Full HD. I can certainly tell the difference in quality on my TV.

I never used to get 1080 on Sky Sports, it was always 720. The only channel with 1080 was CTH Channel 6, and the difference in picture and sound quality was incredible.

I definitely has 1080, noticed a vast difference when they dropped it back to 720, so emailed them to enquire and they confirmed that they had dropped back to 720.

I wouldn't be prepared to watch the EPL in anything less than HD, so if ilikehd have dropped that (not by choice, it seems) then I'll have to fork out for the expensive True package (assuming they do carry the Bein deal). A backward step, but if we continue to receive all EPL matches that is vastly better than what the UK gets. I hope we still get what has been Stadium/Arena 6.

I wouldn't be prepared to watch the EPL in anything less than HD, so if ilikehd have dropped that (not by choice, it seems) then I'll have to fork out for the expensive True package (assuming they do carry the Bein deal). A backward step, but if we continue to receive all EPL matches that is vastly better than what the UK gets. I hope we still get what has been Stadium/Arena 6.

HD is 720P, and Rawhod confirmed already that all Sky sports are streaming in 720p currently, I also call bs on the poster who says he can see a significant difference between HD 720p and Full HD 1080p.

Anyway before you decide to fork out the money for True, there is always the Kodi option with Dexter iptv, which you can just subscribe for a single month at 5 GBP, and which definitely have all the games in a flawless HD stream.

Just checked...

I definitely has 1080, noticed a vast difference when they dropped it back to 720, so emailed them to enquire and they confirmed that they had dropped back to 720.

I have just been in contact with iLikeHD over a channel that I was having trouble with. As an aside I asked if they had ever streamed Sky Sports in 1080. This was the reply...

No we have not yet stream Sky Sports at 1080 only at 720.

HD is 720P, and Rawhod confirmed already that all Sky sports are streaming in 720p currently, I also call bs on the poster who says he can see a significant difference between HD 720p and Full HD 1080p.

Anyway before you decide to fork out the money for True, there is always the Kodi option with Dexter iptv, which you can just subscribe for a single month at 5 GBP, and which definitely have all the games in a flawless HD stream.

Sorry, but there is a significant difference between 720 and 1080. Try watching You Tube vidz in both, if you can't tell the difference, you'll probably get by with 480 ! rolleyes.gif