No more SkySports HD on iLikeHD

Just Curious

I wouldn't be prepared to watch the EPL in anything less than HD, so if ilikehd have dropped that (not by choice, it seems) then I'll have to fork out for the expensive True package (assuming they do carry the Bein deal). A backward step, but if we continue to receive all EPL matches that is vastly better than what the UK gets. I hope we still get what has been Stadium/Arena 6.

HD is 720P, and Rawhod confirmed already that all Sky sports are streaming in 720p currently, I also call bs on the poster who says he can see a significant difference between HD 720p and Full HD 1080p.

Anyway before you decide to fork out the money for True, there is always the Kodi option with Dexter iptv, which you can just subscribe for a single month at 5 GBP, and which definitely have all the games in a flawless HD stream.

Sorry, but there is a significant difference between 720 and 1080. Try watching You Tube vidz in both, if you can't tell the difference, you'll probably get by with 480 ! rolleyes.gif

The reason that you see a difference on youtubes is because they are heavily compressed, not so on a live tv channel.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/720p-vs-1080p-can-you-tell-the-difference-between-hdtv-resolutions/

720p vs. 1080p: Can You Tell The Difference Between HDTV Resolutions?

Generally speaking, if you sit more than 10 feet away from your TV, and your display isn’t bigger than 50 inches diagonally, you won’t be able to tell the difference between 720 and 1080.

Edited by Berty100

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iLikeHD have just out out a statement on their Facebook page regarding the recent problems with their service.

I have copied and pasted the opening paragraph here:-

Dear iLikeHD Customers,

We would first like to say thank you for your trust to use iLikeHD as your entertainment gateway. You may have known that in the past 3 weeks we been have a major problem with 80% of our inter channels such as UK, Italian, German, Russian, French and 18+ Channels. We would like to explain the exact problem and what we are working on to make sure this problem is solved, Please bear with us and read the below information,

Just click on the "iLikeHD 2.0" link in my post and then click on "see more"...

Easy...

I am getting this error message when I click that link

The link you followed may have expired, or the Page may only be visible to an audience that you aren't in

Probably only readable by Facebook members :( Edited by MJCM

Just click on the "iLikeHD 2.0" link in my post and then click on "see more"...

Easy...

I am getting this error message when I click that link

The link you followed may have expired, or the Page may only be visible to an audience that you aren't in

Probably only readable by Facebook members sad.png

You are probably correct...but isn't everybody on Facebook tongue.png

For those non-Facebookers, here is the full notice from iLikeHD:-

Dear iLikeHD Customers,

We would first like to say thank you for your trust to use iLikeHD as your entertainment gateway. You may have known that in the past 3 weeks we been have a major problem with 80% of our inter channels such as UK, Italian, German, Russian, French and 18+ Channels. We would like to explain the exact problem and what we are working on to make sure this problem is solved, Please bear with us and read the below information,

Starting on 16 May 2016, we received an email from our EU suppliers from who we rent the streams, saying that they will not be able to provide us with a stable stream due internal problem and they will be dropping more than half of the HD channels. Then a week later they have to shut down half of the channels which then we have already searching for a new source. We now have 3 source on hand which we are still testing.

On 26 May 2016, we have finalize that we will drop the main source and start working with the 2 new sources which we think it is a way to go because if 1 go down we still have 1 as a backup. So to do this we will need double of bandwidth and servers to handle the channels.

On 1 June 2016, Our IDC suddenly decided to unplug the power to the RACK next to our but they pull out the wrong one. So that is where the problem started to become worse. We have lost 3 our our main servers due to the power supply problem and we need to order and get them replaced.

On June 5 2016, we have received the servers parts and fixed within 3 hours and from our end everything is normal.

Today, 9 June 2016, we have received the confirmation of the EU servers is being setup and we will be stating to setup the channels again and hope it will be complete and stable by 12 June 2016.

To all this, we know it is not your fault but we would like to ask you for your understanding in the situation and we are working as hard and fast as possible to fix this. We are working with hundreds of channels which must be individually checked and configured, and it simply takes a lot of time. And as you certainly know, internet connections between Thailand and the rest of the world are not always as reliable as they could be.

Additionally, we will be adding more server choices:

1. Main Source - Local Servers
2. Backup Source - SG Server
3. Backup Source - FR Server

This means you will be able to have a more direct connection to our international channels, without relying on our local servers and international connections. D

We understand this may sound like just an excuse, but we have been pulling our hairs over the past month to give our customers the most reliable service possible, and we really do not like to let you down. So, once we have all new servers and routes in place, we will giving all current users of international packages a gift voucher worth 200 points.

We truly sorry for the inconvenience and hope that you will stick with us through these transition times.

With our kindest regards,

iLikeHD Team

I hope I'm wrong but it sounds a bit like Magie Tv

It does but I hope that you are wrong :)

I remember reading a recent US report on copyright/intellectual property rights in Thailand and it specifically mentioned the casual acceptance of the theft of entertainment data streams.

Still very hit and miss this morning. Some hd channels working very well whilst other sd channels either don't work or stuttering/buffering or freeze up so sure the problem is not mine.

How's your experience?

Just watched the Spain / Czech game on the ITV channel (HD720) that they've stuck in the Sport section for the Euro's. It started well, but after about 15 minutes, the dreaded circle appeared, though it was expected because the picture was slowly losing its quality. Clicked on the 'back up' channel which is shown in 420, not a good pic at all, and it's not what I want to watch anyway. To add to the misery, started up my Thai Expat TV and lost it after 5 minutes! <deleted> is going on? As you said, so sure it's not my problem.

Still very hit and miss this morning. Some hd channels working very well whilst other sd channels either don't work or stuttering/buffering or freeze up so sure the problem is not mine.

How's your experience?

Just watched the Spain / Czech game on the ITV channel (HD720) that they've stuck in the Sport section for the Euro's. It started well, but after about 15 minutes, the dreaded circle appeared, though it was expected because the picture was slowly losing its quality. Clicked on the 'back up' channel which is shown in 420, not a good pic at all, and it's not what I want to watch anyway. To add to the misery, started up my Thai Expat TV and lost it after 5 minutes! <deleted> is going on? As you said, so sure it's not my problem.

What else do you expect from a service for which you pay, but that steal their streams from the provider ?

Do you really think that IlikeHD or Thai expat tv have an agreement with any of the UK sports channels to broadcast their content in Thailand?

Sky sports is not allowed to have their content available in Thailand, because someone else paid for the rights here. So how would the above mentioned services be able to legally stream those channels?

What do I expect for a service I'm paying for ?? Quality...what do you expect ? rolleyes.gif

If I pay peanuts for something that cost much more normally, I should be aware that it probably is an illegal service, and I don't expect much.

How much is Sky sports in the country where it is legally broadcasted?

I wouldn't be prepared to watch the EPL in anything less than HD, so if ilikehd have dropped that (not by choice, it seems) then I'll have to fork out for the expensive True package (assuming they do carry the Bein deal). A backward step, but if we continue to receive all EPL matches that is vastly better than what the UK gets. I hope we still get what has been Stadium/Arena 6.

HD is 720P, and Rawhod confirmed already that all Sky sports are streaming in 720p currently, I also call bs on the poster who says he can see a significant difference between HD 720p and Full HD 1080p.

Anyway before you decide to fork out the money for True, there is always the Kodi option with Dexter iptv, which you can just subscribe for a single month at 5 GBP, and which definitely have all the games in a flawless HD stream.

Sorry, but there is a significant difference between 720 and 1080. Try watching You Tube vidz in both, if you can't tell the difference, you'll probably get by with 480 ! rolleyes.gif

The reason that you see a difference on youtubes is because they are heavily compressed, not so on a live tv channel.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/720p-vs-1080p-can-you-tell-the-difference-between-hdtv-resolutions/

720p vs. 1080p: Can You Tell The Difference Between HDTV Resolutions?

Generally speaking, if you sit more than 10 feet away from your TV, and your display isn’t bigger than 50 inches diagonally, you won’t be able to tell the difference between 720 and 1080.

If you're watching sports on a TV only 50" I guess you probably sit about 5 feet away so you can see some detail :P

Go to iptvthailand.tv They have got many iptv services to offer with different payment plans. They do iviewHD which is an android app. I have tested this & has all UK channels & foreign channels as well No catch up but does have EPG. 750baht per month or 6000baht per year. Always seems to work OK.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently started using ilikehd for the football.

Only the 50b for 5 hours package when there's a match or two on.

But will do the same when the EPL starts back up.

Which channel will be showing it? Presumably Sky Sports 1 - 7 if there are say, seven matches on?

Cheers.

BTW, I've been watching it on a 50inch FHD TV and can tell the difference between the 480p feed and 720p feed watching the football on BBC/ITV.

Anyone else see the ilikehd facebook page?

I'm just getting 'page cannot be found'

You and me both.

Looks like they've taken it down, they can't cut the flak anymore it seems. Also now not answering emails, whereas for the past year or more I was getting very prompt replies. They must have run out of "it's not our fault" excuses....

Last night I went through the package I have just to see what was working or not. Probably 20% of what I'm paying to be able to view wasn't available.

Maybe the writing is on the wall.

the ilikehd facebook page has been removed from facebook according to an ilikehd notice

Unfortunately our facebook page is no longer available. One of our competitors has again reported us to facebook, causing them to close down the page. Please contact us by email for any assistance.

A few months earlier ilikehd agreement with paypal was cancelled under similar circumstances.

At times I have questions as to the legality of the service. On the other hand if the service was illegal, the copyright owners would have shut the service down or taken legal action.

I hope eventually there will be a service where one can select the desired stations and pay accordingly. The packages being offered by various services include channels which are of no interest to me. I do also have true tv, but again only watch a very limited number of channels.

If anyone has actual facts as to the legality of some services being offered, I'd really like to learn the facts

the ilikehd facebook page has been removed from facebook according to an ilikehd notice

Unfortunately our facebook page is no longer available. One of our competitors has again reported us to facebook, causing them to close down the page. Please contact us by email for any assistance.

A few months earlier ilikehd agreement with paypal was cancelled under similar circumstances.

At times I have questions as to the legality of the service. On the other hand if the service was illegal, the copyright owners would have shut the service down or taken legal action.

I hope eventually there will be a service where one can select the desired stations and pay accordingly. The packages being offered by various services include channels which are of no interest to me. I do also have true tv, but again only watch a very limited number of channels.

If anyone has actual facts as to the legality of some services being offered, I'd really like to learn the facts

If you have any doubts about the legality of IlikeHD, why don't you drop Sky Sports an email and ask them? You can at the same time ask about expat tv and all the other similar services offered in Thailand.

http://www.skysports.com/contact-us

I know the answer already, but I don't want to spoil it for you gigglem.gif

I think it's a fantastic service.

I pay 30b whenever there is a football match on that I want to watch, and that's it.

Fantastic.

All other TV shows, docos, series, movies are downloaded via torrents. :)

It's great when it works but this last month the streams have been very erratic even with a stable high speed connection. Really hope they get it sorted soon. Tour De France starts this weekend so I need Eurosport.