Travelling aboad as a minor

My sixteen year old daughter (dual nationality English/Thai) is going to student abroad in a UK boarding school starting in September. Does anyone know the legal age for a minor to travel on an international flight? Are there any legal requirements for a minor to exit and enter Thailand. Any experiences/information greatly appreciated.

Some airlines require a letter signed by the parents saying she has permission to travel unaccompanied--it's probably a good idea to send this with her regardless, in case they're any questions at immigration in the UK. If she doesn't have much experience flying, you might consider a direct flight bkk to heathrow for example... I know Eva has some. My 15 yo did that trip no problem, and if you let the airline know in advance, they'll have an employee take them to the gate and can arrange for one to meet them at the arrival gate to take them to immigration etc. I was pleasantly surprised at how accommodating they were in this regard.

Mostly as above and also surprised as to why this asking here-contact the airline would have given you the answer much, much quicker and elaborate. As yes, it depends/varies with airlineand maybe even with the country of destination.

The general rules for unaccompanied minors in general apply till only either 10 or 12 yrs-untill adultness (the age of which also varies per country) its a grey area. Western airlines are mostly concerned about divorced parents who may try to catch the child from the ex-partner. it may also depend on how much experience the girl has with travelling on her own and in planes. I would be more concerned though with the required documentation of the British border police.