Over 80 students suffer food poisoning after drinking milk

rooster59

Over 80 students suffer food poisoning after drinking milk

post-247607-0-24761300-1464989616_thumb.

KHON KAEN: Over 80 school children were today (Friday) rushed to several hospitals in Khon Kaen province for suspected food poisoning after they drank milk provided by the provincial dairy cooperatives.

Mr Somnoek Artyasri, deputy director of Sanambin school in the municipal area, said that the students consumed milk after they finished with their lunch. Shortly afterward, some of the students experienced dizziness, vomitting and diarrhea.

The school administrator then announced through a loudspeaker advising students to stop drinking the milk and those who felt sick were told to gather in front of the general affairs office as teachers alerted hospitals to send for ambulances.

Altogether 83 students were taken to different hospitals in the province.

The dairy cooperatives chairman Mr Kamphan Chaihat claimed that all the milk products sent to schools in the province was fresh. He said recently the cooperatives put fluorite into the milk.

The rest of the milk will be checked whether they are rotten or not, he added.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/165957

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-06-04

Milk in Thailand doesn't even taste like milk and is very watery

Me thinks you might be buying the wrong milk. I drink heaps of milk here in LOS & can't fault it.

Why put fluoride or fluorite in milk. Doesn't actually make much sense!

Exactly............They have idiots running the schools.....flouride in milk!

unfortunately it seems it's not just here but in the UK as well..they think it will improve the children's teeth!!

unfortunately it seems it's not just here but in the UK as well..they think it will improve the children's teeth!!

Adding fluoride to tap water (or milk) DOES improve dental hygiene. See http://www.bunburymail.com.au/story/160847/bunbury-dentists-push-for-decay-solution/

Many Asians are lactose intolerant, I'm wondering if this incident can be can be attributed to that.

The discovery of spoilt milk at schools seems to be a yearly happening. Most times its the children who make the discovery

as they are the ones its served to. If memory serves last year or maybe two , they found out of date milk being sent to the schools.

They just can not seem to keep from making mistakes in some way, either intentional or unintentional.

Is that he same kid's milk that were found for sale in Cambodia? or is the good milk sold to other

places and left with rotten milk to feed the Thai kids?......

If so then who is creaming off the profit?

It is recommended by the WHO and Dental Health Organisations. They add it in the UK to school milk too. The problem is that Thai kids are exposed to too much sugar in their diets and there is too much incidence of tooth decay at an early age. As a child I took part in the first clinical trials of fluoride toothpastes by Colgate in the UK and 60 years later still have most of my own teeth and no side affects.

Since the school milk program was started around 60 years ago, the stature of Thais has increased substantially. So much so that you can often tell who are Thais and who are Burmese, Cambodian and Lao in the streets as they do not get much milk.

It is recommended by the WHO and Dental Health Organisations. They add it in the UK to school milk too. The problem is that Thai kids are exposed to too much sugar in their diets and there is too much incidence of tooth decay at an early age. As a child I took part in the first clinical trials of fluoride toothpastes by Colgate in the UK and 60 years later still have most of my own teeth and no side affects.

Since the school milk program was started around 60 years ago, the stature of Thais has increased substantially. So much so that you can often tell who are Thais and who are Burmese, Cambodian and Lao in the streets as they do not get much milk.

Problem is that to much fluoride can actually cause it's own problems.

http://www.drugs.com/mtm/fluoride.html

Edited by casualbiker

Adding fluoride to tap water (or milk) DOES improve dental hygiene. See http://www.bunburymail.com.au/story/160847/bunbury-dentists-push-for-decay-solution/

Many Asians are lactose intolerant, I'm wondering if this incident can be can be attributed to that.

From experience of manufacturing school milk here and in Malaysia, the problem is not lactose intolerance. The problem is due to lack of sterility in the processing by the farmers Cooperative. Generally this milk is only pasteurised and not UHT, and has to be consumed within a short period of delivery at the school. I believe that nowadays they also pack UHT milk in cartons when the schools are closed and the surplus UHT milk was sold in Cambodia. Milk may taste watery to some who are used to full cream milk from Jersey cows, but here the milk has to be standardized to 3% fat which is an international norm.

Me thinks you might be buying the wrong milk. I drink heaps of milk here in LOS & can't fault it.

The wife will only drink Meiji milk with the dark blue top. She suspects most of the other brands of milk are made from imported milk powder.

I am at a loss on adding flourite? I am unsure of how this mineral is of help to children.

More solids? Definitely insoluble in milk and (I believe) non toxic if ingested - perhaps they are trying to reduce the "floaters" in the kids toilets.

Fluorite is not particularly soluble and therefore not regarded as dangerous - I very much doubt this explanation holds any validity.

Putting fluoride into drinking water and toothpaste makes even less sense (as that IS toxic to the human body)!!

Most Western countries stopped putting fluoride into drinking bar one - the US, which has been carrying on this senseless practise for 60 years. It doesn't prevent cavities (proven) but it does lower the IQ of children significantly (according to a Harvard study among numerous others showing the same thing). It does this by affecting the neuro-development of a growing child. Furthermore 15% of the children in high fluoride areas showed distinct signs of mental retardation!! I'm going to stop here as it could get me into trouble.

Edited by lucky11

Fluorite is not particularly soluble and therefore not regarded as dangerous - I very much doubt this explanation holds any validity.

Putting fluoride into drinking water and toothpaste makes even less sense (as that IS toxic to the human body)!!

Most Western countries stopped putting fluoride into drinking bar one - the US, which has been carrying on this senseless practise for 60 years. It doesn't prevent cavities (proven) but it does lower the IQ of children significantly (according to a Harvard study among numerous others showing the same thing). It does this by affecting the neuro-development of a growing child. Furthermore 15% of the children in high fluoride areas showed distinct signs of mental retardation!! I'm going to stop here as it could get me into trouble.

The point some posters are missing is the fact that fluoride occurs naturally in the drinking water supplies of many countries, hence, there is no need to artificially add it to the water.

But, what has this to do with food poisoning that may, or may not, have been caused by milk?

Have they checked the food that was also served?

The wife will only drink Meiji milk with the dark blue top. She suspects most of the other brands of milk are made from imported milk powder.

Same here. Me and the Thai step-daughter drink Meji milk daily with the flakes for breakfast.

Never in five anyone got sick after breakfast.

When I got poisoned I usually knew what is was from (rotten half raw meat, dubious seafood etc.).

If you find the "milk" watery, just buy real milk not fat reduced, 0%, soy milk etc.

Reminds me of the complaints about "butter" when people do not read the labels (misc. "preparations"/"mix" in the shelves), Of course the packages are look alike.

Fluoride is a poison and should not be added to anything including toothpaste. There are many scientific papers that support the fact that Fluoride is causing many health problems. But the powers that be refuse to admit they were ever wrong. Why? Because it would offer undeniable proof that every time you swallow a mouthful, it's gradually eroding away your brain. Linked to ADHD, hypothyroidism, and endocrine dysfunction, nobody would support it if they knew these facts...Further information is freely available on the internet.

If I remember correctly fluoride was put in UK drinking water then stopped as people were concerned about health risks. Later it was added on area case by case basis, not sure who decided to put or not put, if it was the local communities or the councils. Today only about 10% of the UK has natural or artificially added fluoride in tap water.

The following website gives lots of info but is from 2012.

http://bfsweb.org/onemillion/09%20One%20in%20a%20Million%20-%20The%20Extent%20of%20Fluoridation.pdf

Thai people should not drink milk, they are not genetically suited, especially to the high levels they consume, not only with "free" ( for whatever reason milk at the school gate ), milk shakes, smoothies, coffee, soy drinks, yogurts - milk / soy, Lactosoy Blue, pastas, pizzas etc etc. Milk in such peoples increases obesity and heat stress. Perhaps if buffalo milk was not seen as "dirty" here that would be much better for them to drink.

The discovery of spoilt milk at schools seems to be a yearly happening. Most times its the children who make the discovery

as they are the ones its served to. If memory serves last year or maybe two , they found out of date milk being sent to the schools.

They just can not seem to keep from making mistakes in some way, either intentional or unintentional.

Have you seen how they store food? In the heat of the day and flies and bugs all ove rit

I have seen my own staff who are educated and lived overseas EATING stuff 2 days later never refrigerated and I mean MILK products.

Fluoride is a poison and should not be added to anything including toothpaste. There are many scientific papers that support the fact that Fluoride is causing many health problems. But the powers that be refuse to admit they were ever wrong. Why? Because it would offer undeniable proof that every time you swallow a mouthful, it's gradually eroding away your brain. Linked to ADHD, hypothyroidism, and endocrine dysfunction, nobody would support it if they knew these facts...Further information is freely available on the internet.[/size]

Are you a shareholder/owner in/of a bottled drinking water company?

The milk was fresh or so they say - but was it pasteurised?

Of course it was pasteurised - raw milk is much healthier for you than pasteurised BTW - Not drinking milk at all is better still, UNLESS you drink it in the form that I do ie: kefir.