My experience from "Red Cross Anonymous aids test Clinic", Bangkok

Muggi1968

This is my experience from getting an HIV test at Red Cross in Bangkok May 2016.
http://en.trcarc.org/?page_id=14

The picture on google street view is a little old but here is the GPS:
N 13.73489
E 100.53863

Take Bts to Ratchadamri and walk 200m or
MRT to silom and take motorcycle (20 Baht)

Go through the open gates and up the stairs (You can not miss it)

When you enter the clinic you get a queue number and you chose what kind of test you want.
Then you sit down and wait….
When your number come up on the digital number board you go to the station which the board state:

When your number come up on the digital board you will go to Station No(in this order):

2: Registration:
You fill in a simple form. They require passport no/phone no, but they do not check it, so you can always enter 1234567789, if you want to be anonymous.wink.png
A English speaking Thai will guide you through the form.

You also have to answer some few questions about you preferences and why you want test…
Then you sit down and wait

Next the digital board will tell you to go to station:
3: Print out of request papers for blood tests

At station 3 a very nice woman will ask you about you choice of tests and if you want talk to a adviser etc.

If you want a paper printout of the blood test result, they will require a copy of your passport whistling.gif
You will get an anonymous member card and a paper with the blood test you will need later.

Next the digital board will tell you to go to station:
4: Payment:

The tests cost 200 Baht.

You pay the money, get a recipe and are told to go 1 floor up and go to the left and sit down.
When a nurse calls your number you go in and they will take the blood samples.

After this you go to station:
6:Wait for test result
Go to the right side of floor 1 and sit down and wait 1 hour for the test result .

When the person at station 6 call your number, they will show you down to the “Health Clinic”
Here you will get the result and paper printout, if you choose this at station 3..

Done..Now you smile or cry….w00t.gif

Conclusion:

Everybody speak okay English and they are all very nice and help full without any predigests..

P.s

Station 1 - 6 took me about 1 hour.
I go There 1100Am and was done 01.30PM (I hit the lunch break sad.png ).
Lunch from 1200 - 1300.
Free condoms in the lavatory on 1 floor…. (Bring a bag wink.png).

Do not have any worries about going to this clinic...
It was a very positive experience, especially since I my tests was negative (Not have HIV) thumbsup.gif

wai.gif

Edited by Muggi1968

Everybody speak okay English..... yes even the Porters, cleaners and people that bring the food trays...... was in there for 5 nights end of last month...

will be back there again tomorrow.... have been in Hospital for stays before [this is the 4th time in past 8 years] but the Red Cross was the 1st visit + 1st Hospital that asked for permission to take blood for a Aids test. [the other Hospital just do the test anyway]

on another note = very cheap and very good in my view........ eg shared room with food and all medical staff per day 750 baht per day [old building]...... 8 years ago was more than double that in Bang Yai, and my normal Hospital in Bang Bua Thong was 2 years ago 1,200 baht, both Hospital shared rooms so same.

..why do we need to know your confidential test result.

He is obviously so thrilled with the good result, wants to share the joy. Must have taken his chances with random strangers and living in fear. I hope the result does not encourage him to behave dangerously again.

• 2 weeks later...

I had to do an HIV test because i wanted lasik (unfortunately i was to hastily and took the test before I was cleared for lasik assuming that I would pass). I just did the test at a local clinic, and got the results back in a few days. (they send all their lab works to Bangkok lab just like other small clinics).

Good result for me, me not that i expected any different but you never know. So often there is no need to travel far for such test.