One dead, many injured after Koh Chang guest house collapses

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No - KC is a particularly high risk case - and has been for years - the rains there often cause chaos and disruption, bridges all got washed away a ew years back and some parts of the island were cut off to 4 wheel traffic for months even years. The infrastructure and regulations are simply not adequate for such a popular island.

parts of the island were cut off to 4 wheel traffic for months even years

i call BS

call what you like - doesn't alter the facts....how much driving do/did you do around KC?been here long enough to remember no roads or eleteicat

it is not a fact it is BS..i have lived here before the roads were built...and at NO time has a road been closed for months or years...

I suspect it's a matter of interpretation. The main circular island road washed away while being finished on the far south end of the island, between Bang Bao and Salak Phet, and has never been completed. It is still impassable; hence the need for all traffic to go around the north end of the island. Also, the road being built years ago to Long Beach washed away and was impassable for a very long time. It is now open again, although not a good road by any means, and the remnants of the washed out sections are still visible. The bridge on the main road over the river in Kai Bae was washed out/washed over a few years back, but I think it was only impassable for days or weeks during the rainy season. The main road coming down into White Sands on the north end of the island mostly slid/washed away leaving just one lane and requiring significant reconstruction. All of this is exacerbated by the car ferries that can and do bring more traffic to the island than can be reasonably handled by the island's narrow, hilly and curvy roads.