Payap University - International Programs

lj cm

I know a guy who studied over there, in an international program. The US Government was paying for it, he was a former soldier, but he still didn't like having to wear the equivalent of a sailor suit to class. You will need a computer to count all the good looking girls over there, same with CMU. Another friend was in the BNS International Program at CMU, and her complaints were about the Filipino teachers, who were suppose to be speaking English. There were also tough language requirements..in her case Japanese. I have a BBA in Mangement, and it is one of the easier majors in various business schools, especially compared to accounting or finance.

My daughter graduates from the International School at Payap a few years ago and had a great college experience. She did not graduate from the business school but did have some inter-lapping courses from her hotel management/hospitality program that has been changed since she graduated. She had some great professors and like any college, also had a few really bad professors. But again, overall she had a great college experience and has close friends around the globe as it is a truly international school.

And yes, like most Thai colleges, you do have to wear the uniform (girls look great in a Japanese fetish way and the boys often just look silly) and like many Christian and Catholic colleges there will be the mandatory "ethics" classes that are also mandatory for the 70% of the student body of Payap that are not Christian. But I think Esther Wakeman still teaches that class and she is a remarkable woman. Dr Somboon runs the International school and he is also a remarkable individual. Both of these people, and one of the vice-residents who I have been friends with since he was a grad student decades ago, have never had issues with me, or my daughter, not being Christian.

Thank you for the replies; it sounds promising.

This morning I read about Mae Fah Luang University in Chiang Rai.

They have some interesting studies there.

OH SURE....

Now that you get some good answers to your question you change the subject......

Liberal arts/marine biology/phys. ed./global warming major ??????

Edited by pgrahmm

OH SURE....

Now that you get some good answers to your question you change the subject......

I was looking at the Aviation Business Management studies.

OH SURE....

I was looking at the Aviation Business Management studies.

They have in Chiang Rai?

Hard even to get around town if you don't have a car/bike.....

Let alone the nether regions......

• 4 months later...
6 hours ago, LukKruengDam said:

So it isn't a good idea to rely on public transportation if relocating to Chiang Rai?

It's pretty spread out....Kind of an urban sprawl that hasn't grown/developed within/into itself yet....

Does Payap in Chiang Mai have a hotel /hospitality program (major) offered/taught in English language.?

I was told they did not and want to verify that this is so.

Edited by slapout
correct to make specific as to question

15 hours ago, LukKruengDam said:

So it isn't a good idea to rely on public transportation if relocating to Chiang Rai?

It's not a good idea to rely on any public transportation anywhere in Thailand.

(Sorry; couldn't resist it!)

4 hours ago, slapout said:

Does Payap in Chiang Mai have a hotel /hospitality program (major) offered/taught in English language.?

I was told they did not and want to verify that this is so.

They have:

http://ic.payap.ac.th/international-undergraduate/hospitality-industry-management/

and Mae Fah Luang University in Chiang Rai also have:

http://www.mfu.ac.th/school/management/2015/programmes/bachelor/hospitality

The reason I mention Mae Fah Luang is because I'm planning to send my daughter there instead of Payap. I think it's better!?.

But she will studying MBA.

PS!. Ignore pgrahmm's replies to this post; he might have been a little bit drunk!?

Edited by lj cm
Addition to clarify

12 hours ago, lj cm said:

They have:

http://ic.payap.ac.th/international-undergraduate/hospitality-industry-management/

and Mae Fah Luang University in Chiang Rai also have:

http://www.mfu.ac.th/school/management/2015/programmes/bachelor/hospitality

The reason I mention Mae Fah Luang is because I'm planning to send my daughter there instead of Payap. I think it's better!?.

But she will studying MBA.

PS!. Ignore pgrahmm's replies to this post; he might have been a little bit drunk!?

Do you know anything about MFU's Thai Language & Culture B.A. program?  Couldn't find any ratings/reviews online, and the university's rep only e-mailed me copy of syllabus of courses required and steps to enroll.

Edited by LukKruengDam
Misspelled