Police Stops at Asoke Intersection

bbi1

If you don't have anything to hide, if you're not up to no good and you're not carrying drugs or other illegal goods, you have nothing to fear from being stopped and searched. I'm all for it if it takes some worthless criminal scum off the streets.

That's complete bull and you know it, but then you like to troll, so it's not surprising to see such a comment from you.

Rubbish. You're obviously hiding something if you are fearing being stopped and searched in an effort to increase security for the law-abiding citizen. Then again, I have to say the majority of the falangs I've met in Bangkok were either very dodgy from the outset or turned out to be later when I got to know them a little better...

Confrontational nonsense - silly generalisationa. A troll.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Police stops at the Asoke intersection seems to be going alive & well for them with the usual taxis & foreigners crossing at the police box getting stopped. Happened over the past few weekends over the last month. Yesterday around 2:30am a Korean was stopped directly opposite Sukhimvit 20 by 2 cops on a motorcycle who was searching him. Saw it as I was in a taxi passing them.

How do you know he was Korean ?

Because he had the typical Korean look.

On the other hand, there are some people that think all asians look alike whistling.gif

Are you aware President Obama is an American ? or would you have said 'some Muslim looking person' if it had been him the cops had stopped.

I have recently asked the immigration officers while reporting 90 days, should farangs always carry their passports. They said that a copy of the page with a photo and your visa page is enough

They didn't say anything about having a copy of your extension of stay stamp page too?

I have recently asked the immigration officers while reporting 90 days, should farangs always carry their passports. They said that a copy of the page with a photo and your visa page is enough

They didn't say anything about having a copy of your extension of stay stamp page too?

I'd assume that's what they meant. Thai officials can be as loose with the terminology as posters here sometimes. But whichever page holds your current permission to remain until date is the one any authorities are going to be interested in.