Wildlife Conservation and Ecology Forum.

For over 10 years not ThaiVisa has resisted calls for a forum dedicated to Wildlife, Conservation and Ecology ...suggesting that the pets forum is a suitable place.

In view of the recent antics at the Tiger temple it seems to me that it is more evident than ever that there should be a place where these discussions are drawn together.

Whereas it may be news one day, this has been a concern for conservationists for over 15 years and any discussions are lost in the various forums it was started in or moved to.

Another crucial treat at present is the building on the Mae Kong dam under article 44 - yet I fail to see how this should be part of the "plants and pets" section.

Thailand is way out of order on ecological conservation and animal welfare issues, they are in trouble with CITES and 2 years ago were threatened with sanctions - worth trillions of baht. yet there still is no forum for discussion of these issues - time for a change?

suggesting that the pets forum is a suitable place.

Hahahaha! Who suggested that?!?! gigglem.gifcrazy.gif

Anyway I agree it could be a good forum, not just for conservation issues but other general topics on wildlife, where to go for good bird watching and other wildlife spotting, marine wildlife, etc.

suggesting that the pets forum is a suitable place.

Hahahaha! Who suggested that?!?! gigglem.gifcrazy.gif

Anyway I agree it could be a good forum, not just for conservation issues but other general topics on wildlife, where to go for good bird watching and other wildlife spotting, marine wildlife, etc.

that's been the official response from Thaivisa.

as for Thai-bashing - Same as any topic - if the authorities policies need criticising then so be it - if it is used by some to confirm their own racial prejudices then they should be removed regardless of what the topic is surely?

Archived