Tourists: Call 1567 if you think your hotel might collapse

webfact

"Hello, is this the hotel collapse hotel"

"Yes it is, how can I help you"

"Well, I am in my hotel and I am sure its about to collapse"

"I see, and why do you think that?"

"Well, because the walls are cracking around me and the building is creaking"

"Hmm, you could be right, give me your name and hotel address, we will send a structural engineer to check it, he can be there a week on Thursday"

"Great, thank you"

"Hello, is this the hotel collapse hotline"

"Press 9 for an outside line, sir"

"Oh, thankyou"

"Well, I am in my hotel and I am sure its about to collapse"

"I see, and why do you think that?"

"Well, because the walls are cracking around me and the building is creaking"

"Hmm, you could be right, give me your name and hotel address, we will send a structural engineer to check it, he can be there a week on Thursday"

"Great, thank you"

"Pee Nok, get the turbo lax and a bottle of wine, mix thoroughly and send to it to room 109"

"<deleted> foreigners!!!"

Edited by metisdead
8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I work with quite a few excellent Thai engineers who do structural designs for our offshore platforms. So they are available in Thailand. Electrical guys, too.

My brother-in-law is one of the competent structural engineers, KMUTT graduate. Guess what kind of company he works in? Yup, a MNC. Managers are Korean. Were it 100% Thai, he would have no hair left on his head. The same effect has been iterated over in the building threads over and over again, you need 24/7/356 looking over the builders shoulders or corners will be cut instantly.

I needed a good laugh. Do you call before of after you check out?

It would be best if the handed out pamphlets at travel agencies before you booked a holiday. Maybe when you arrive and before check in you can call ad say stuff this dive wasn't on the brochure

What's the number to call when you think your democracy might collapse? Oh, never mind, it's two years too late...

In 27 days, it will be 5.

Yeah, because democratic elections with a turnout of 75.03% of the population are usually the cause of democracy collapsing... Nice try.

Ominous sign for Thailand...will other buildings follow, will the Thai economy fall like the hotel, will the tourist trade fall like the hotel...will the price of puzzy fall?

What's the number to call when you think your democracy might collapse? Oh, never mind, it's two years too late...

Yeah, because democratic elections with a turnout of 75.03% of the population are usually the cause of democracy collapsing... Nice try.

Drifting off topic - but selling un-costed and unworkable pipe-dream policies (who cares about the cost, we're getting elected) to an ill-informed and uneducated populace, and then using your party vote to install un-electable scum like Chalerm and criminals avoiding prosecution, bears little resemblance to democracy as I know it.

To those advocates of Democracy Lite, keep repeating "we had an election." But try to remember that the EC had sufficient grounds to disband PTP for use of a banned criminal (Thaksin thinks, PTP acts) and the inclusion of unsuitable party list candidates (not Chalerm, the criminals facing prosecution) but didn't proceed because of the high risk of political violence. Now ask your self why one side continually breaks electoral law, but gets away with it due to its repeated violence - is that democracy as you know it?

I work with quite a few excellent Thai engineers who do structural designs for our offshore platforms. So they are available in Thailand. Electrical guys, too.

My brother-in-law is one of the competent structural engineers, KMUTT graduate. Guess what kind of company he works in? Yup, a MNC. Managers are Korean. Were it 100% Thai, he would have no hair left on his head. The same effect has been iterated over in the building threads over and over again, you need 24/7/356 looking over the builders shoulders or corners will be cut instantly.

Every Asian I've ever met in China and Thailand hates working for Korean managers. Maybe that's why they screw up (or screw off?)

Our guys (mostly contractors) work for Thai's, Brits and Singaporeans. They're managed properly and they perform quite well as long as the objectives are clear.

Edit: Oh, and they get paid enough that they want to keep their jobs, and we don't have to worry about someone poaching them for another 100 baht per day.

Edited by impulse

At 8.20 pm tonight I called 1567 and a very polite voice in English told me that the office was closed and I should call back later.

So I will try again as long as this building is still standing and my phone battery has not died.

Please try this number and publish the results.

Hello,this is the telephone number in the event of your hotel collapsing,or has already done so.

We are sorry there is no one here to take your call at the moment,as our office has just collapsed,please call at a later time.

We assure you of our best attention at all times.

So many facetious comments when this is obviously the first of the beloved PM's stringent safety measures for tourists. Now, after every serious accident or incident involving tourists, expect a new hotline to be set up, as per the earlier post. Keep up the good work Mr Prayut.

wink.png

Who said this is specifically his idea?

Who said he endorsed it?

FYI the winky smiley is there to indicate a hint of sarcasm!

As opposed to finding another hotel? The mind boggles, that tourists should be expected to check their hotel for problems.

'Initial investigations showed that the building had the necessary planning permission ...' But not subject to any building regulations?

"Tourists: Call 1567 if you think your hotel might collapse"

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

is there a number for the whole country collapsing?
"Tourists: Call 1568 if you think your bus might crash"
"Tourists: Call 1569 if you think your mini van might crash"
"Tourists: Call 1570 if you think your boat might sink"
"Tourists: Call 1571 if you think your head is about to be kicked in"
what number does the dead woman's family call?
RIP.

1-666

not just the builders but the whole supply chain even cpac do not provide the right slump concrete, if you want a puddle on the floor its normal for them, Ive sent many a load back even when they know I have asked for a slump test.

Drifting off topic - but selling un-costed and unworkable pipe-dream policies (who cares about the cost, we're getting elected) to an ill-informed and uneducated populace, and then using your party vote to install un-electable scum like Chalerm and criminals avoiding prosecution, bears little resemblance to democracy as I know it.

To those advocates of Democracy Lite, keep repeating "we had an election." But try to remember that the EC had sufficient grounds to disband PTP for use of a banned criminal (Thaksin thinks, PTP acts) and the inclusion of unsuitable party list candidates (not Chalerm, the criminals facing prosecution) but didn't proceed because of the high risk of political violence. Now ask your self why one side continually breaks electoral law, but gets away with it due to its repeated violence - is that democracy as you know it?

You just described 99,9% of the world's democracies. The Thai electorate isn't any more uneducated or uninformed as the electorate of your home country, and in case you are an American, it seems it's worse there, remember that is a country where a fool like Bush got elected twice, the first time through a court case but alas.

Let's not talk about banned politicians, as the Abhisit government was only possible because of another banned politician, didn't hear you cry foul then..

On topic, no tourist should be urged or advised to call this number, for a hotel to obtain a license and to renew their license, one of the requirements should be that the business is being conducted out of a structurally sound building..

What a load of ballony.

Edited by sjaak327

I'll say it as no one else has said it: if you think your hotel will collapse, check out and move to another hotel. Then call 1567 and advise them about the hotel. This is also for the benefit of those lacking common sense (or just dim).

You just described 99,9% of the world's democracies. The Thai electorate isn't any more uneducated or uninformed as the electorate of your home country, and in case you are an American, it seems it's worse there, remember that is a country where a fool like Bush got elected twice, the first time through a court case but alas.

Let's not talk about banned politicians, as the Abhisit government was only possible because of another banned politician, didn't hear you cry foul then..

On topic, no tourist should be urged or advised to call this number, for a hotel to obtain a license and to renew their license, one of the requirements should be that the business is being conducted out of a structurally sound building..

What a load of ballony.

In at least one, and there ain't 1000, election policies of the major parties are costed by Treasury and/or Finance and the results published. Or they can use major accounting firms, but the results are still released, and covered by both press and TV. Present something stupid and it is BIG news And I am bloody sure Australians get a better education than they do here.

Lying to parliament will have you tossed out, changing laws for personal benefit or outright theft of public money will see you in gaol.

At 8.20 pm tonight I called 1567 and a very polite voice in English told me that the office was closed and I should call back later.

So I will try again as long as this building is still standing and my phone battery has not died.

Brilliant clap2.gif

I have never heard of a country so hell bent on becoming the laughing stock of the entire world.

Next we will have fire brigades that don't work on the weekends, or police that don't work after 6:00pm,,,, !

Brilliant clap2.gif

I have never heard of a country so hell bent on becoming the laughing stock of the entire world.

Next we will have fire brigades that don't work on the weekends, or police that don't work after 6:00pm,,,, !

Do you mean that the police here actually work after 6.00 P.M? Could have fooled me but then again I have trouble seeing one in the daytime. Usually in the day time at least the ones I have seen are running interference for tourist buses or VIPS, In the bank, grocery store and once in the gold shops.

Brilliant clap2.gif

Do you mean that the police here actually work after 6.00 P.M? Could have fooled me but then again I have trouble seeing one in the daytime. Usually in the day time at least the ones I have seen are running interference for tourist buses or VIPS, In the bank, grocery store and once in the gold shops.

True, i dont see many after 6:00pm. When i do see them they are usually parked on the road somewhere pulling people over for not wearing helmets etc. I can honestly say never really seen a policeman doing anything other then this.

But, making no excuses I was told recently that the tea money they collect increases their potential salary 10 fold,, so if the Government create this kind of environment then what do they expect. only way out is pay police appropriately, measure true policing results and prosecute the corrupt,, when hell freezes over springs to mind.

Brilliant clap2.gif

True, i dont see many after 6:00pm. When i do see them they are usually parked on the road somewhere pulling people over for not wearing helmets etc. I can honestly say never really seen a policeman doing anything other then this.

But, making no excuses I was told recently that the tea money they collect increases their potential salary 10 fold,, so if the Government create this kind of environment then what do they expect. only way out is pay police appropriately, measure true policing results and prosecute the corrupt,, when hell freezes over springs to mind.

Shouldn't have been at Phitsanulok airport this morning about 0900, at least 50 BIB plus support, think they were waving goodbye to someone very heavy. More BIB there than you would normally see in a month around here.