Have PR. Trying to transfer tabien bahn

Hi all:

I am a permanent resident for over 4 years now and just bought a new house. The wife transferred to the new tabien bahn but when it came to be my turn they wouldn't transfer me to the new book and said my being in a blue book was wrong (same office that issued me a blue book 4 years ago). Instead they have now issued me a yellow book. Does anyone have the instructions for house registration for PR's in Thai so I can show it to these numbskulls?

Thanks in advance.

Same thing happened to me. But after insisting that I was entitled to a blue book. They brought out a large book of "instructions" and found the relative section confirming what I told them. They then gave me a new blue book of my own.

The problem is that there are so few people with PR's nowadays that they don't know what it is. Same thing with government hospitals. There is a sign at our government hospital BT100 charge for foreigners, and insisted that I pay it. I produced my alien book and blue tambien baan. They had never seen thee former!. They phoned to Bangkok and then told me that I do not have to pay this charge. .

You should go to your amphur and be insistent and you will get your blue book.It is a very useful document, unlike the yellow one, which has hardly any use at all.Also if you are under 70 you can get a PR Thai ID card

• Like 2

Anybody have the telephone numbers for the PR section at Immigration and the number for the relevant person to talk to at the Ministry of Interior so I can put this numbskull on the phone to get the correct information to obtain my blue tabien bahn?

Thanks

Being a PR you are also registered at the local police station. I think the correct procedure is to go to the police station and change the address there. They will issue a letter to district offices instructing them to add you to the new blue book.

• Like 1

I have also been through this. When I tried to get a motorcycle license the woman at the DMV was more concerned that I was not allowed to have a blue tabien bahn and a life time drivers license. She even tried to confiscate them. I ended up leaving without applying for the motorcycle license summing up her actions as a frustrated gov. employee who ended up in the DMV instead of becoming an immigration officer. What is this PR TD card and why do you have to be under 70 which I am not.

• Like 1

More information on the PR Thia ID card please.

Have recently sold my old car to a local Thai. She cannot get the Land Transport office to change the name. They insist on seeing my visa with entry/exit dates. They have a copy of my PR, but cannot/will not understand that there is no visa. No visa no ownerership transfer!!!

• Like 2

You need to change the brown (police) book with the police which will issue a letter to the immigration (the immigration is UNDER the police by hierarchy).

You then also need a consent (form with the Civil Registrar/Amphur) by the head of household to allow you to be entered on the new blue house registrar. Together with the present (old) house registrar, the consent form of the head of household of the new blue book and the letter of the police you then get transferred from the old to the new blue book.

The yellow book is a recent invention to complicate matters and has no real value/use and is for "alien" without residential status. Moving you from blue to yellow is definitely wrong - but then as mentioned - the whole procedure is so COMPLICATED that the underlings behind all those tiny government desks simply cannot cope.

My advise is:
- go to the police and inform them about your change of address

- get them to issue a letter (similar to the one you got when you were granted the resident status)

- get the consent form of the blue house registrar head to put you onto the new blue book
- see the Amphur with the police letter, consent form, the old as well as the new blue house registrar
- be patient, have a coffee in between and see these people only after 2.30pm; when the usual crowd is gone
- put your feedback here on TV for future references

• Like 2

You need to change the brown (police) book with the police which will issue a letter to the immigration (the immigration is UNDER the police by hierarchy).

You then also need a consent (form with the Civil Registrar/Amphur) by the head of household to allow you to be entered on the new blue house registrar. Together with the present (old) house registrar, the consent form of the head of household of the new blue book and the letter of the police you then get transferred from the old to the new blue book.

The yellow book is a recent invention to complicate matters and has no real value/use and is for "alien" without residential status. Moving you from blue to yellow is definitely wrong - but then as mentioned - the whole procedure is so COMPLICATED that the underlings behind all those tiny government desks simply cannot cope.

My advise is:

- get them to issue a letter (similar to the one you got when you were granted the resident status)

- get the consent form of the blue house registrar head to put you onto the new blue book

- see the Amphur with the police letter, consent form, the old as well as the new blue house registrar

- be patient, have a coffee in between and see these people only after 2.30pm; when the usual crowd is gone

Years ago I thought getting my Yellow Book was a testing complicated procedure.

So fed up with this stuff now after many years. I know now PR is not for me.

Thanks all:

Got it sorted after walking them through it step-by-step and calling Chang Wattana and letting them explain it. Now have the name in the blue book and a very chagrined lady who blew it by issuing a yellow tabien bahn! Next step the police station! They even tried to change my ID number from one starting with an "8" to one starting with a "5"

Regards:

• Like 1

My advise is:

I'm afraid you got it all wrong. As a PR you get your own blue book. So there's no need to get consent from anyone You are not put on anybody else's. You are the blue house register head.

The procedure is simple you go to the police station with your alien registration book where you have previously registered and where you should have paid your yearly dues of bt 400, or four years in advance.The police will remove your address from the book and then you take it to the new police station where you live and they will put your new address in the alien book. You then take it to the Amphur together with your Blue tambien baan and they will give you another one.

As I have said in the previous posts the Amphur has a large book of instructions with the details of foreigners rights. You must be very insistent and argue with them.

I have also been through this. When I tried to get a motorcycle license the woman at the DMV was more concerned that I was not allowed to have a blue tabien bahn and a life time drivers license. She even tried to confiscate them. I ended up leaving without applying for the motorcycle license summing up her actions as a frustrated gov. employee who ended up in the DMV instead of becoming an immigration officer. What is this PR TD card and why do you have to be under 70 which I am not.

The PR ID card is available at some amphurs. They apparently have a limited number. It is similar to a Thai ID card with a different colour the ID number is the same number that appears on your alien registration book. If you really want one you can ask them to get one for you, if they say they're out of stock. But as I've said in two previous posts you have to be very insistent and stick up for your rights. I have no idea why they told me I was too old to get one and that I had to be under 70 years old. But as you know in Thailand officials make up the rules as they go along. I feel that if I try again and be insistent I will probably get one. It would be a nice thing to have

To add to my last topic getting at Ambien barn in your name and other business concerned with PR is nothing whatsoever to do with the immigration Department. You do not have to have any dealings with them unless you want a re-entry permit.

My advise is:

I'm afraid you got it all wrong. As a PR you get your own blue book. So there's no need to get consent from anyone You are not put on anybody else's. You are the blue house register head.

The procedure is simple you go to the police station with your alien registration book where you have previously registered and where you should have paid your yearly dues of bt 400, or four years in advance.The police will remove your address from the book and then you take it to the new police station where you live and they will put your new address in the alien book. You then take it to the Amphur together with your Blue tambien baan and they will give you another one.

As I have said in the previous posts the Amphur has a large book of instructions with the details of foreigners rights. You must be very insistent and argue with them.

Well, above procedure applies if you live all by yourself in said premises (apartment/condominium/house). In my case my adult son is the head of household and hence I needed his consent to "move in".

With the blue book I assume you refer to the house registrar which starts, is and stays blue. The "Certificate of Residence" first booklet is blue as well; once this is full you will get a new booklet which, for unknown reasons, is white.

Just to clarify matters.

If you move onto an EMPTY house registration (everybody can be registered only at one place at a time and if someone owns more than one property it can occur, that the house registrar is completely empty), then you need the consent of the owner of the land title deed. Should you be the person (as you own a condominium in the "alien" allotment) then you need to present only the original land title deed; if the condo/land is owned by someone else - you need that person's consent.

• Like 1

My advise is:

Well, above procedure applies if you live all by yourself in said premises (apartment/condominium/house). In my case my adult son is the head of household and hence I needed his consent to "move in".

With the blue book I assume you refer to the house registrar which starts, is and stays blue. The "Certificate of Residence" first booklet is blue as well; once this is full you will get a new booklet which, for unknown reasons, is white.

Just to clarify matters.

If you move onto an EMPTY house registration (everybody can be registered only at one place at a time and if someone owns more than one property it can occur, that the house registrar is completely empty), then you need the consent of the owner of the land title deed. Should you be the person (as you own a condominium in the "alien" allotment) then you need to present only the original land title deed; if the condo/land is owned by someone else - you need that person's consent.

You still do not seem to understand the procedure. You get your own blue book where ever you live and where ever you go. There is no need to get anybody's permission. Your place of residence is included in your own blue book. My wife and I live on the same premises and we both have blue books.

My advise is:

Just to clarify matters.

You still do not seem to understand the procedure. You get your own blue book where ever you live and where ever you go. There is no need to get anybody's permission. Your place of residence is included in your own blue book. My wife and I live on the same premises and we both have blue books.

The "blue" book you refer to is the "Certificate of Residence" and once that is full with stamps the replacement booklet is white. This is issued per person and explains why you and your wife have one each.

What the discussion in this thread is all about is the blue "House Registration" or, in Thai letters, ทะเบียนบ้าน. That is issued per legal living unit (house, condominium etc.)

If this is wrong, well, then I got it all wrong since 1988 as I was granted the PR almost 30 years ago giggle.gif

• Like 1

You are absolutely correct Sydebolle. There is one, and only one, blue house registration book per house. The owner of the house is the principal person registered. I sold my previous house two years ago when I got remarried and moved into my new wife's house. (My first wife had died seven years ago). Together with the buyer of my house we went to the Ubon Ratchathani city council and there the registration book was signed over to her. She took it away. I was given a formal letter from the city council stating that I was no longer registered at this address and that I was now going to live at a new address which was written in the letter.

With my new wife, we went to the Ubon Amphur office with the letter (her house is outside the city council boundaries) and my name was added into her house registration book with details that I had transferred from an old address.

House registration books often get filled up with people dying, transferring to a new city, new births etc. And now my name is added.

My advise is:

You got it wrong.... The blue book is no a personal book, it is a house registration book. You can have a blue book with no people registered in it as residents of the house.

However, all those who are registered as residing in this house will be registered in the same book - and can only have 1 such book per premises. Any person can only be registered as a residence in 1 blue book.

The chief of the household is the one registered on the first page of the residence.

To be honest, I can't remember if you need a letter from the chief to get registered in the book, but you must ave the original book with you to be registered in it.

My advise is:

You got it wrong.... The blue book is no a personal book, it is a house registration book. You can have a blue book with no people registered in it as residents of the house.

However, all those who are registered as residing in this house will be registered in the same book - and can only have 1 sch book per premises. Any person can only be registered as a residence in 1 blue book.

The chief of the household is the one registered on the first page of the residence.

To be honest, I can't remember if you need a letter from the chief to get registered in the book, but you must ave the original book with you to be registered in it.

Facts are as follows (and applied to me for the last 28 years being a permanent resident here in Thailand):

The BLUE House Registration Book (ทะเบียนบ้าน = Tabian Baan) is per house (or condominium) and shows on the first page an official address.

All further pages are filled with personal data of people moving in or out of said address. These people are mandatorily Thai citizen or non-Thai people with a permanent residence status. Over time people get born, move in, change names (i.e. through marriage), are taken out (death or moving away) etc. and the house registration book fills up over time.

IF you move from one place to another place then you get delisted in the old House Registration and issued a letter by the Civil Registrar (อำเภอ) with which you need to register within 14 days into a new House Registration at the new Civil Registrar. The registration into the new House Registration Book requires the letter of the former Civil Registrar and the head of household of the new place. Every qualified person can be registered only at one place. Should said person have more than one place then the blue house registration book remains empty; entries onto that book then are approved by the owner of the property, i.e. the land title deed (ฉนดที่ดิน = Chanote Tee Deen).

The Certificate of Residence (ใบสำคัญถิ่นที่อยู่ = Bae Samkay Teen Tee Yoo) is per non-Thai person who was granted permanent residence in Thailand. It is issued to a person and not property. This needs to be presented whenever crossing the border and is duly stamped out/in, valid only in connection with a valid passport which needs an "Endorsement" and a "Non-Quota Immigrant Re-Entry Visa).

The first booklet issued by the immigration is BLUE as well - if the holder travels often then this booklet fills up fast with departure/arrival stamps and is eventually replaced, again by the immigration, against the same booklet except that the covers are white (as it is a duplicate and not the original anymore).

Hence do not mix the blue House Registration Book with the blue Certificate of Residence; the first one is per property, the second one per non-Thai permanent resident.

• Like 1

Gamini, I am trying to get my head around what is what in the posts you made so far in this topic.

In this post, highlighting in bold and colour in quoted texts is mine, for easier association between quoted text and my comments and questions.

Same thing happened to me. But after insisting that I was entitled to a blue book. They brought out a large book of "instructions" and found the relative section confirming what I told them. They then gave me a new blue book of my own.
The problem is that there are so few people with PR's nowadays that they don't know what it is. Same thing with government hospitals. There is a sign at our government hospital BT100 charge for foreigners, and insisted that I pay it. I produced my alien book and blue tambien baan. They had never seen thee former!. They phoned to Bangkok and then told me that I do not have to pay this charge. .
You should go to your amphur and be insistent and you will get your blue book.It is a very useful document, unlike the yellow one, which has hardly any use at all.Also if you are under 70 you can get a PR Thai ID card

1. In the above, with "they", do mean the district office (amphoe or amhpur, อำเภอ)?

2. With "blue book", do you mean
2.1. TR.14, the blue house registration book (สําเนาทะเบียนบ้าน), which has this front cover; or
2.2. TR.32
Certificate of Residence (ใบสําคัญูถิ่นที่อยู่), which has this front cover?

3. What do you mean with "alien book"?

4. With "blue tambien baan", you obviously mean TR.14, the blue house registration book (สําเนาทะเบียนบ้าน)

The PR ID card is available at some amphurs. They apparently have a limited number. It is similar to a Thai ID card with a different colour the ID number is the same number that appears on your alien registration book. If you really want one you can ask them to get one for you, if they say they're out of stock. But as I've said in two previous posts you have to be very insistent and stick up for your rights...

5. What do mean with "alien registration book"?

6. With "blue book", do you mean
6.1. TR.14, the blue house registration book (สําเนาทะเบียนบ้าน), which has this front cover; or
6.2. TR.32

7. What do you mean with "alien registration book" and "alien book"?

8. With Blue tambien baan, you obviously mean TR.14, the blue house registration book (สําเนาทะเบียนบ้าน)

To add to my last topic getting at Ambien barn in your name and other business concerned with PR is nothing whatsoever to do with the immigration Department. You do not have to have any dealings with them unless you want a re-entry permit.

9. With "Ambien baarn" you obviously mean TR.14, the blue house registration book (สําเนาทะเบียนบ้าน)

10. With "re-entry permit", you presumably mean the non-quota immigrant visa valid for a specified number or multiple (unlimited) return journeys to Thailand, similar to this example.

QUOTE [name=gamini" post="10833795" timestamp="1465357683]
UNQUOTE

11. With "blue book", do you mean
11.1. TR.14, the blue house registration book (สําเนาทะเบียนบ้าน), which has this front cover; or
11.2. TR.32

12. With "we both have blue books", do you mean that you both have the same type of blue book, with identical front covers?

Well, if your blue TR.32 Certificate of Residence (ใบสําคัญูถิ่นที่อยู่) with blue cover is full, then it is being replaced with a new booklet which is white and called "TR.17 Duplicate of Certificate of Residence (ใบแทนใบสําคัญูถิ่นที่อยู่)" as shown hereafter.

post-65504-0-49726300-1465697236_thumb.j

Sydebolle, thank you very much for posting a copy of the front cover of TR.17, the white Certificate of Residence, officially called a Copy of the Certificate of Residence, which in fact it is, the original being an entry in some ledger at the Ministry of the Interior. It was still missing in my collection and I am happy to be able to add it now.