Pattaya, Any Positive Comments?

JoneL

Hi!

I have read some very unpleasent things about Pattaya (beach is dirty and the water is very dark/murky + shop keepers are pulling you to their shops...). :o

So, now would be nice to hear something positive about Pattaya? :D

Is the beach really so unpleasant/dirty and water dark/murky? Or is there some nice "paradise beaches" near Pattaya?

+any comments about Pattaya in June-July?

How is the weather (rainy season, but is the ocean ok to swim)? :D

Hi!

I have read some very unpleasent things about Pattaya (beach is dirty and the water is very dark/murky + shop keepers are pulling you to their shops...). :o

Is the beach really so unpleasant/dirty and water dark/murky? Or is there some nice "paradise beaches" near Pattaya?

If you look back over past threads you will find a host of information on the positive aspects of Pattaya :D

Now, it's true, Pattaya is not really a tropical Paradise, but you will not be dragged in a Shop, just ignore the Touts, don't shake Hands with them and don't tell them where you come from.

The Beach is small along the Beach road. Water is murky, but dark? Maybe at night. But yes, I don't go in the water Pattaya. The beaches in Jomtien and Naklua are a little better. But if you want a very nice Beach, go to Koh Larn. It's a 20 Baht ride by Boat from Bali High Peer. Or catch a Speed Boat, wich cost you a little more. Water out there is much cleaner and more what you expect from Thailand.

Weather should be fine, Rainy Season don't mean it will be raining all Day. You may experience a Thunderstorm or two a Week, maybe not. There is much more to do than just sit at the Beach, so just enjoy your Holidays in Pattaya.

Hi!

If you've read unpleasant things about Pattaya, you no doubt have also read the pleasant things too.

Make up your own mind and don't listen to the "tourist commandos" who come here for 2 weeks a year and become self-proclaimed experts.

Come sit by the sea and relax. violent041.gif

Positives about Pattaya................

It's good for a night out, bars etc, it's got good shopping, plenty of cheap hotels and some very good more expensive ones, heaps of restaurants serving more or less anything you could ever want, I would say it's a good holiday destination, especially for the single male.

If you live there full time, then you will notice the downsides.

Single guy on holiday with plenty of money............hard to beat Pattaya. :o

Edited by Maigo6

Yes, really. After the heat of March, April, and May, a drop in temperature of 2 to 3 degrees is a relief, as is the cloud cover, as is being able to walk without constantly sidestepping miserable- looking farang visitors.

Really???? :o

June and July are my favourite months. Cooler

Over the last few years the water quality of Pattaya Beach has improved markedly. There is still room for further improvement but it's OK for a dip.

Plenty of hotels will allow you to use their pools provided you use their food/drink service. Some may charge a small fee for swimming.

If you're going there in June/July you will virtually have the run of the place to yourself. Very few tourists. As a result of that, hotel prices are at rock bottom.

As for the weather during those months...nice. Rain comes mainly in the evenings and when it does, it buckets down. Find a good watering hole to wait for the rain to pass.

A huge variety of eating places, all types of cuisine, plenty of entertainment and an easy walk to most places, plus great shopping.

Pattaya is the ideal holiday destination. :o

Yes, really. After the heat of March, April, and May, a drop in temperature of 2 to 3 degrees is a relief, as is the cloud cover, as is being able to walk without constantly sidestepping miserable- looking farang visitors.

Really???? :o

June and July are my favourite months. Cooler

Makes sense to me.

Pattaya, you either love it or hate it, there's very little middle ground on the subject. Don't believe half of what you read, good and bad, go there and make your own mind up.

As for being dragged into shops? Never happened to me but I do get dragged into bars by girls quite often. This, being a babe magnet, is something I just have to put up with all over the world. :o

As for being dragged into shops? Never happened to me but I do get dragged into bars by girls quite often. This, being a babe magnet, is something I just have to put up with all over the world. :D

You're not related to Donz per chance? :o

Over the last few years the water quality of Pattaya Beach has improved markedly. There is still room for further improvement but it's OK for a dip.

Plenty of hotels will allow you to use their pools provided you use their food/drink service. Some may charge a small fee for swimming.

If you're going there in June/July you will virtually have the run of the place to yourself. Very few tourists. As a result of that, hotel prices are at rock bottom.

As for the weather during those months...nice. Rain comes mainly in the evenings and when it does, it buckets down. Find a good watering hole to wait for the rain to pass.

A huge variety of eating places, all types of cuisine, plenty of entertainment and an easy walk to most places, plus great shopping.

Pattaya is the ideal holiday destination. :D

Ah...so Pattaya isn't so crowded in June-July? :o

How are the islands near Pattaya? Koh Larn + Koh Chang? Are they very crowded? And is it easier to get to Koh Larn than to Koh Chang? :D

Pattaya is the ideal holiday destination. :D

Ah...so Pattaya isn't so crowded in June-July? :o

How are the islands near Pattaya? Koh Larn + Koh Chang? Are they very crowded? And is it easier to get to Koh Larn than to Koh Chang? :D

Koh Larn is O.K. for a day trip, very easy to get to from Pattaya. All kinds of boats leave in the morning.

Koh Chang is, in my opinion a fantastic island for a holiday. It is fairly easy to get to from Pattaya. Just book an early morning mini-bus from your hotel/diggings and it takes 3-4 hours to Trat, from Trat you get a ferry to Koh Chang (45mins).

If you do go to Koh Chang, opt for the 5 night trip rather than the 3 night trip from Pattaya.

Pattaya has plenty of visitors all the year round but Nov-Feb is the most busy, then all the nutters come for Songkhran in April, then May-October is a lot less busy.

Koh Larn is O.K. for a day trip, very easy to get to from Pattaya. All kinds of boats leave in the morning.

Koh Chang is, in my opinion a fantastic island for a holiday. It is fairly easy to get to from Pattaya. Just book an early morning mini-bus from your hotel/diggings and it takes 3-4 hours to Trat, from Trat you get a ferry to Koh Chang (45mins).

If you do go to Koh Chang, opt for the 5 night trip rather than the 3 night trip from Pattaya.

Pattaya has plenty of visitors all the year round but Nov-Feb is the most busy, then all the nutters come for Songkhran in April, then May-October is a lot less busy.

Hi!

Thank you :D

Sounds nice! :D

I think 5 night trip is bit too long.

So maybe we will satisfied with Koh larn for day trip :D

Is there any other islands near Pattaya for 1 day trips? :o

Pattaya is a great place to visit or to live. When I came here I was single and had a ball hanging out with the girls and enjoying the fantastic night life. Now I have a girlfriend and don't do the bars but there is so much else to do.

I think that the choices are better than many other resort places in the states I lived in South Beach Maimi and you wouldn't want to swim there ether, but lots to do and very expensive.

One of my daily routines is to hang out at Starbucks and people watch.

I think it's pretty cool to live in a place where people having fun is a common thing. Yea it's weird sometimes but never boring.