British man accused of smuggling drugs into Thailand 'after police find cocaine' on him

webfact

British man accused of smuggling drugs into Thailand 'after police find 500 grammes of cocaine' on him
BY KEYAN MILANIAN

b.jpg
Image: Thailand Police

Thai police say Matthew Kevin O'Neill, owner of Thai Gardens restaurant in Bali, was found with 500 grammes of cocaine in a backpack

BANGKOK: -- Thai police have arrested the British owner of a restaurant in Bali on suspicion of being a drug mule.

They claim to have found half a kilogram of cocaine on Matthew Kevin O'Neill, 40, who was reportedly arrested in Bangkok on Saturday night.

Mr O'Neill, who is the boss of Thai Gardens restaurant in the Umalas area of Bali, is understood to have previously lived in Thailand for 10 years.

Full story: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/british-man-accused-smuggling-drugs-8128342

-- Mirror 2016-06-07

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Found on a public bus with 500gms in his bag, when police arrested him....IMO, there's something not right about this story......and involving the famed Thong Lo police.

Just maybe, they've probably been watching him for sometime and hoping he will lead to bigger things , but seeing he has made a few runs and nothing leading anywhere big , so they nabbed him, People have set habits, drug runners do also, so you need to think in fours.

Found on a public bus with 500gms in his bag, when police arrested him....IMO, there's something not right about this story......and involving the famed Thong Lo police.

You think the Thong Lor cops are carrying around a pound of cocaine ready to plant on someone?

Restaurant owner in Bali so he's obviously been around SEA long enough to know the ramifications of being caught smuggling drugs so absolutely zero sympathy for him.

Hard to believe a 40 year restaurant owner is a drug mule unless he's just a front for someone.

just another loser trying to make a living to stay in Asia, looks like he could do with losing a few ponds anyway

Is it me, or does he actually appear to be taller than the height measuring chart?

yes, i am 188 cm, or 6'2", he looks like maybe 207 cm or 6'7" or thereabouts. A monster, with a countenance to match.

For sure hard to overlook here in Thailand. This ain't a mule this is an elephant. Obviously, someone "thought" he could blend unseen into the local chang. w00t.gif

You think the Thong Lor cops are carrying around a pound of cocaine ready to plant on someone?

Yes.

Yes.

Wow. This forum never ceases to amaze me.

Restaurant owner in Bali so he's obviously been around SEA long enough to know the ramifications of being caught smuggling drugs so absolutely zero sympathy for him.

Hard to believe a 40 year restaurant owner is a drug mule unless he's just a front for someone.

Just a thought. I have just returned from Laos again and at one point on the border I could not bring my huge rucksack onto the bus from the immigration to pass on through to Vientiane. It was in the compartment at the back of the bus. A brief thought went through my mind that anybody could sneak something in the bag whilst the bus was waiting to fill up without my knowledge, and if I were caught there is nothing I could say. My life would be over there and then. I know it is a very farfetched idea but it is possible. The fact this guy knows how high the risks are could suggest that he has fallen victim here, but I doubt it lol. Probably just a desperate idiot.

''The Foreign Office said this evening it was unaware of the incident.''

What's new about that?

Well, I guess the news reporter had the information but the foreign office had not yet received the information.

Perhaps he has enemies here and the setup was orchestrated, I am seeing this as having too many elements not adding up. Having committed themselves to the charges, I am pretty sure he will go down now.