Turns out Crocs aren’t just hideous, they’re also bad for your health

webfact

Turns out Crocs aren’t just hideous, they’re also bad for your health
Ellen Scott for Metro.co.uk

cro2.jpg
Image source: Wikipedia

Long has the war against the humble Croc raged on. It didn’t matter how many celebrities dared to wear them in public. We cared not when we tried them on and found them surprisingly comfortable.

Crocs are ugly plastic shoes. And that cannot be accepted.

But the defendants of Crocs have remained strong and steadfast, too.

They maintain that the comfort of Crocs outweighs their appearance. And besides, they don’t look that bad, right? Right? (WRONG)

Full story: http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/04/turns-out-crocs-arent-just-hideous-theyre-also-bad-for-your-health-5923756/

-- METRO 2016-06-07

More bs from the shoe industry probably pissed off people are buying 3 dollar croc knockoffs. However, I would be more concerned with absoption from the plastics and checmicals used in the construction. Best thing for your feet is barefoot but the shoe industry will never tell you this. Runners were studied who ran great distances barefoot and never an injury and no stretching to boot. Fuckin Nike.

They look even worse on people than they do on the shelf....

Couldn't imagine how they'd feel on some of those sticky/sweaty/humidity laden days.....

Probably get pretty ripe too....

I don't think I know a anyone that wears them but they sure stick out - very visible in a crowd.....

I've worn Crocs every day (all day) for more than 10 years - but not in public.

They are great for around the house and I have about a dozen pairs in assorted sizes that house guests can slip on at the door. So much better (harder wearing, more comfortable and easier to use) than the usual cotton slippers.

Three months ago I started getting a sharp pain in the arch of one foot when wearing 'proper' shoes outside. So bad that i couldn't walk. I eventually figured out that it was the Crocs that were causing it and I stopped wearing them at home. Never had the arch pain since.

So...I think this article has it right. But from my experience, it might take many years of use before you experience any problems.

I buy a shiny new pair every couple of months...200 baht. That's all I wear. I'll tell you why I love them, unlike sandals or flip flops, they protect my vulnerable toes. Also the holes in front allow me to rinse the sand off, without taking them off.

The perfect combination for someone who is lazy and cheap.

I love them, especially the rubber, hard to find knockoffs.

I walk many miles a day in them with socks for many years and never had sore feet, ankles, nor legs.

I'm 69 years old!

I have 6 pair.

Who writes this nonsense?

Get a life and some crocs whoever you are?

Bad for you. According to online content everything is bad for you.

How did I ever make it all these years?

I ignored the bs!

More bs from the shoe industry probably pissed off people are buying 3 dollar croc knockoffs. However, I would be more concerned with absoption from the plastics and checmicals used in the construction. Best thing for your feet is barefoot but the shoe industry will never tell you this. Runners were studied who ran great distances barefoot and never an injury and no stretching to boot. Fuckin Nike.

Real CROCS can be even worse for your health!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Real CROCS can be even worse for your health!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had alligator shoes & cowboy boots - does that count?

It's just the fashion police adding there 10 satangs worth. Crocs are made of rubber.... Not plastic. They allow your feet to breathe and air to circulate so less sweaty smelly feet. Yes, the look like boats on the end of your foot but who cares. No fungal infections and easily drained feet in the rainy season are more important than style.

At work I wear hand made, 100% leather shoes, colleagues who wear Bata plastic constantly complain about hot feet. Me? Never.

At home and weekends.... Crocs 100%.

As someone who has suffered with feet disorders since childhood (and no wish to return to them)... I am sticking to my formula.

Look after your feet and they will looks after you. Ask anyone who has diabetes.

I bought some crocs last year and wore them for a few months in LOS. I thought they were very comfortable but since then I have got plantar fasciitis which is very painful. The doc thinks it was the crocs that did the damage. To be honest If I had known the risk and had the choice again I would buy a decent sandal, summer shoe or a flip flop with an arch as its bloody painful

i am thinking of getting a pair as I always have to put on socks and trainers when i go out on my bike as its literally a pain to change gear if I dont

Teva sandals work well for this....

I buy a shiny new pair every couple of months...200 baht. That's all I wear. I'll tell you why I love them, unlike sandals or flip flops, they protect my vulnerable toes. Also the holes in front allow me to rinse the sand off, without taking them off.

....and is totally devoid of any sense of style or taste.

Not any more or less than flip flops or sandals, really.

Do you find average Joe's toes of style or taste? I certainly don't. At least they're hidden in Crocs.

a few months ago at the airport I saw a pair of moccasin type leather shoes and as my usual boat shoes that I was wearing had about had it I bought a pair...they cost about what I pay for a pair of Sperry Topsiders in saudi (about USD70)...

when I got home I found that they are 'croc' brand...I thought: 'hmmm, where have I heard that brand before...?'...they're OK but they made my feet smell until I put in some terrycloth insoles...

still lookin' to buy another pair of topsiders, size 11 that flop around on yer feet like slippers...

Do you find average Joe's toes of style or taste? I certainly don't. At least they're hidden in Crocs.

I'm not into checking out guys feet, but someone wearing a pair of bright yellow or red Crocs is pretty hard to avoid.

I'm not into checking out guys feet, but someone wearing a pair of bright yellow or red Crocs is pretty hard to avoid.

So is anyone wearing some kind of flashy t-shirt. So what? does this offend you?

You can use matching socks with sandals - or even flip flops of wearing long casual pants or beach pants & still carry a presentable - and conforming look.....

People walking around in Crocs look like they're walking around with a couple of tin cans on their feet.....