3BB gone

MZurf

I've lived in the Pattaya area for just over 10 years now, and one of the consistent negative business practices I've seen is this refusal to give honest, accurate information to customers. I guess they see admitting any type of failure or difficulty as a "loss of face". I can think of no other reason for this behavior. They don't realize that, for western falang customers, it is much more negative to conceal or withhold information than it is to acknowledge a problem, and project a timetable for its solution.

Just one of our many true cultural differences, I suppose. TIT, all that. But it really is frustrating to me, as a guy who lived in the USA for over 60 years. We, as customers, want to know reasons for problems ... even if they make them up! Same goes for an estimated timetable. Being kept in the dark just sucks for most falangs.

I'm sure if you spoke fluent Thai they could explain the problem in minute detail to you. I don't imagine Thai speakers in America get very satisfactory answers to service calls from their internet providers either.

I don't think that their knowledge of English is the problem at all. All of those I have talked to at the 3BB call center have been more than capable of explaining to me that there (as the service tech claimed) has been a fire that extensively disrupted their services.

I tend to agree with patsfangr that this is more of a cultural thing as I've seen it many times with different companies over the years.

BTW, the ping speed has been dismal for hours. Will seriously look for alternative suppliers.

Where is the server you tested? 300ms plus are quite common to European servers, even with a fast connection. I'm currently getting low 200's to London, Amsterdam and Copenhagen. That's the best you can do due to distance. I just got 856 ms to a server in Siberia.

Your upload speed was really dismal.

Edited by tropo

I've lived in the Pattaya area for just over 10 years now, and one of the consistent negative business practices I've seen is this refusal to give honest, accurate information to customers. I guess they see admitting any type of failure or difficulty as a "loss of face". I can think of no other reason for this behavior. They don't realize that, for western falang customers, it is much more negative to conceal or withhold information than it is to acknowledge a problem, and project a timetable for its solution.

Just one of our many true cultural differences, I suppose. TIT, all that. But it really is frustrating to me, as a guy who lived in the USA for over 60 years. We, as customers, want to know reasons for problems ... even if they make them up! Same goes for an estimated timetable. Being kept in the dark just sucks for most falangs.

I'm sure if you spoke fluent Thai they could explain the problem in minute detail to you. I don't imagine Thai speakers in America get very satisfactory answers to service calls from their internet providers either.

I don't think that their knowledge of English is the problem at all. All of those I have talked to at the 3BB call center have been more than capable of explaining to me that there (as the service tech claimed) has been a fire that extensively disrupted their services.

I tend to agree with patsfangr that this is more of a cultural thing as I've seen it many times with different companies over the years.

BTW, the ping speed has been dismal for hours. Will seriously look for alternative suppliers.

Where is the server you tested? 300ms plus are quite common to European servers, even with a fast connection. I'm currently getting low 200's to London, Amsterdam and Copenhagen. That's the best you can do due to distance. I just got 856 ms to a server in Siberia.

Your upload speed was really dismal.

The server I tested against was in Bangkok. I called the 3BB service center and they reset my connection from their side and that fixed the problem (for now).smile.png
BTW, I have the cheapest package with 3BB.

post-73753-0-83616600-1465652801_thumb.j