Moo Baan's in Chiang Mai

bprhodes

Do any of the TV folks out there know of a good moo baan in the Chiang Mai area that has land plots for sale? I have retired in CM and am looking to buy land in my adult Thai son's name and build a house. My retirement house - his inheritance.

I am interested in anything inside of the outer ring road (could be just outside too). I only need about 100 sq wa. but could do with a bit less. Needs to be less than 20,000 baht per sq wa.

I live on koolpunt ville 12 and have our home for sale, value of land is 25000 b a sq wa.

A plot smaller then 100sq wa would be almost impossible on this moo baan.

But why NOT look for an real sale here, then you could Find a house on 80 sq wa with an reasenable size house or Large house al depends on Your budget?

Koolpunt ville 12 is out of my price range, I knew that already. Need to find a relatively well-run moo baan with smaller plots. I loved Moo Baan Tanaboon, but no land for sale there. I have indeed been looking at houses. I've looked at more than 10 and only one was built to a standard that I can accept. Even that one would need some significant renovation. Besides, I want the fun and challenge of building my own - something to keep the weeds from coming up around my feet.

Koolpunt 12 is the one at the 121 near Saraphi, or? That's on an open desert and certainly not worth 25k for a square wah or 4 sqm for the land alone. Someone has high hopes for the next 25 years perhaps :D.

What guarantees do you have that the one "you build" will be up to "your standards"? I would look outside of MooBaans, too. I've seen some good land between Suthep rd., and Wat Umong....should be in the 20K per TW range. Puts you on higher ground inside the city, with some jet noise, but nothing like Nimman/Canal RD..

Not sure of the prices but there are still some plots available in Banwangtan as I continually see houses being built.

Ban Wang Tan seems to be running from 15K on up depending on the desirability of the plot. There may be some motivated sellers who would go slightly below (as well as some delusional ones who won't budge from sky-high levels;)).

Edited by flare

Moo Ban Sinthana. Just outside the under pass road. Easy to get to Meechok, Central Festival and the inner city.

The Moo Ban is an older one with lots of mature trees and plenty of empty plots.

Googe map/streetview shows the entrance.

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@18.8070417,99.0301743,3a,35.2y,91.83h,86.18t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s5mVa_HUt9eJ4R7sTkbkBfQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!5m1!1e4?hl=en

Moo Ban Sinthana. Just outside the under pass road. Easy to get to Meechok, Central Festival and the inner city.

The Moo Ban is an older one with lots of mature trees and plenty of empty plots.

Googe map/streetview shows the entrance.

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@18.8070417,99.0301743,3a,35.2y,91.83h,86.18t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s5mVa_HUt9eJ4R7sTkbkBfQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!5m1!1e4?hl=en

MAybe PAlm Springs Place, little bit older, has some plots for sale different prices, don't know cost.

On Mahidol road, left side as you driving towards airport. About 1 Km along Mahidol from the CM - Lampang superhighway.