UK extends voter registration deadline for Brexit referendum

webfact

UK extends voter registration deadline for Brexit referendum

606x341_335055.jpg

LONDON: -- Britain is extending the voter registration period for its June 23 referendum on EU membership after a government website crashed following a last-minute surge in application before Tuesday night’s (June 7) deadline.

Several senior politicians and the Electoral Commission watchdog had earlier called for the deadline to be extended by 48 hours to midnight Thursday night into Friday morning.

The UK’s Guardian newspaper reported thousands of postal votes from Britons in Germany may have got lost in the post after confusion about the type of pre-paid envelope supplied.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-06-09

If the referendum would be about joining the EU, the answer would be clearly NO. I'd be surprised if the British people chose to stay in the EU, but I wouldn't be surprised if the outcome of this referendum is going to be ignored or fiddled with.

If the referendum would be about joining the EU, the answer would be clearly NO. I'd be surprised if the British people chose to stay in the EU, but I wouldn't be surprised if the outcome of this referendum is going to be ignored or fiddled with.

If the vote is to leave, then it still needs to be ratified by parliament. A free vote, Labor, Liberal, SNP, the Welsh and Northern Irish and remain Tories v UKIP and the leave Tories.

A vote to leave could be rejected by parliament. And cause even more chaos to the UK and EU.

Seems the topic of Brexit is also on the upcoming Bilderberg meeting of the rich and powerful 1%. Now if that group doesn't want the UK to leave then you know staying just has to be the best choice for the common man...smile.png

Seems the topic of Brexit is also on the upcoming Bilderberg meeting of the rich and powerful 1%. Now if that group doesn't want the UK to leave then you know staying just has to be the best choice for the common man...smile.png

See the post above youwhistling.gif