Need help opening chlorine container

Hey guys I have a quick question. I just bought a 50 kg. container (picture attached) and I am struggling - just could not seem to open it. Is this a screw-on screw-off cap or do i really have to ply it open with a tool, and hence breaking it off? I don't want to break the cap unnecessarily so any tip would be highly appreciated.

Again thanks so much in advance.

post-260472-0-45338700-1465443757_thumb.

This looks like the same kind of container that is shipped with PoolChlor (a better brand IMO, but possibly a fraction more expensive) from SwimmingPoolsThailand online shop. In which case, it's a screw thread lid.

It's certainly a screw top. A cloth to grip it and some brute-force should shift things.

If you still can't shift it try some hot water around the cap to expand it a little.

This looks like the same kind of container that is shipped with PoolChlor (a better brand IMO, but possibly a fraction more expensive) from SwimmingPoolsThailand online shop. In which case, it's a screw thread lid.

Thank you so much Chaichara. I'll try that. On a separate note, is there any noticeable difference in quality and technology between Nissan, PoolChlor, and Acuchlor? I have used both Nissan and Acuchlor and to me Acuchlor seems to have longer effect on the chlorine level while Nissan, which is supposed to be the top dog, fades away a little quicker. blink.png I was also reading online elsewhere and people seem to say that it is just a matter of brand. And you are right, price difference is actually quite insignificant. I chose Acuchlor simply because the shop is near to my house and I can just go and pick it up and have a chitchat with people working there. biggrin.png But yes, I would like to hear your opinion on this.

There are differences in quality. I've tried them all at some time or another (bearing in mind that for some years now I've been using a Zodiac chlorinator). I've not noticed any appreciable difference between Nissan and PoolChlor, but Acuchlor doesn't dissolve so fast and sometimes leaves some residue.

Retail prices however, seem to be arbitrarily set by the various pool shops, so the price isn't always indicative of the quality.