Those found in brothel 'Bribery List' say they know nothing

snoop1130

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Once again, the police appear to be leaking critical information about an investigation in progress. And the media has no problem divulging it.

Police reform? In my lifetime?

Not even if you were -30 years old. Too bad the "PM" has spent all his energies on the all important lottery reform!

What is wrong with you? You moan and bitch about police reform, the RTA leads a raid on a well known brothel exposing corrupt police, and all you want to talk about is trivia (according to you). There is a lot more corruption being rooted out under the junta even if you prefer to deny it.

It's "one" brothel amongst hundreds, all running in the same ways, but only one raided. Much like all the other raids. Go for one, ignore the others.

The cynic in me might think these are all "targeted" only against people that are non-Junta supporters.

The even more cynic in me might think that the operation and running (and revenues) of such places is now being taken over by the military instead of the Police.

Once again, the police appear to be leaking critical information about an investigation in progress. And the media has no problem divulging it.

Not even if you were -30 years old. Too bad the "PM" has spent all his energies on the all important lottery reform!

What is wrong with you? You moan and bitch about police reform, the RTA leads a raid on a well known brothel exposing corrupt police, and all you want to talk about is trivia (according to you). There is a lot more corruption being rooted out under the junta even if you prefer to deny it.

"What is wrong with you?"

What's wrong with me? Well, I'm not naive and I guess you consider that "wrong".

"You moan and bitch about police reform, the RTA leads a raid on a well known brothel exposing corrupt police, and all you want to talk about is trivia (according to you)."

Trivia?? Pointing out that this is mere window dressing is trivia (as well as bitching and moaning)? You really don't get it, do you:

As long as those claiming to root out corruption refuse anyone to look into their finances nothing they do will lead to systemic, lasting change.

Edited by MZurf

If you have the names, surely a simple check of bank account(s) should reveal clues?

Do you really think they are going to be stupid enough to put the money in a bank account in their own name?

Hell yes of course they are!!!

You're dreaming ...changing the colour of the uniform and moving a few to "inactive posts" for a while is NOT rooting out corruption...

The government of Thailand faces an ongoing dilemma. First

off, it is important to preserve the river of money that flows from

prostitution places like this one into the proper pockets of

officials. But at the same time to preserve appearances, they

must do minor crackdowns once in awhile. So a sacrificial

lamb massage parlor is picked out, a bit of noise is made,

and then everything gets back to normal. Pretty funny to watch

year after year. .....

Seriously, has anyone been charged and convicted except for those highly politicized cases. This just a trophy case.

"Some of them said they werent even aware that their names were in the booklet kept by the manager ..."

Must have really upset them. Especially after they paid extra for the manager to keep everything on the down low. Geez...If you can't trust a pimp of underage girls, who can you trust?

Certainly not the BIB--

Maybe I'm missing something, but if these cops "had nothing to do with this illicit business," then how is it that the proprietor knew all of their names?

Please do not ask logical questions, it will only confuse the investigators.

It is within Thai nature to deny, obfuscate, deflect and subvert. Most of these guys cannot admit anything even when caught red handed. So, this is to be expected. Half Men. Hopefully, the little guy has enough guts to make sure they are put away. However, he rarely does the right thing. Not in his nature, nor his job description.

"Some of them said they werent even aware that their names were in the booklet kept by the manager ..."

Must have really upset them. Especially after they paid extra for the manager to keep everything on the down low. Geez...If you can't trust a pimp of underage girls, who can you trust?

Certainly not the BIB--

Who are bought and paid for by whom? Or are you suggesting they were simply allowed to keep all of that money?

Certainly not the BIB--

Who are bought and paid for by whom? Or are you suggesting they were simply allowed to keep all of that money?

Wasn't the point, it was a reply to "who can you trust".

EASY. Every single one of their CELL PHONE will tell you exactly where they were. your phone can do this and so can the police..But they wont do this. their names are on it. !!. .. maybe someone should help the RTP police out and send them MORE anon info. about network IP traffic in the area. .. .. when you complain to the police about online stuff ... they will just go to the site and read and laugh. they deserve JAIL for supporting underage prostitution. then again. one way or another. Ill get em.

Has anyone considered the idea that this list could have been fabricated?
I have no idea, really. Just a wild guess. Could come handy to get rid of a few annoying people: competitors on the food chain, people on the wrong political side, guys who've p*ssed others off, you name it.

Killing two birds with one stone.

Such things happen, too.

It is within Thai nature to deny, obfuscate, deflect and subvert. Most of these guys cannot admit anything even when caught red handed. So, this is to be expected. Half Men.

That's a bit too narrow minded. While there is no denying the thai denial and taking responsibility for just about everything....just about every criminal will deny and lie, or at least attempt to do so, to avoid (severe) punishment. If you can get away with robbing a bank by saying "I didn't do it" then you most certainly would without flinching and that is true worldwide. Owning up to such a thing takes a whole different character to begin with.

Sorry, completely wrong. Wake up and smell the flowers. This has nothing to do with reform, nor corruption. but everything to do with different snouts in the trough.

Well at least this government have spoken about it. The previous government's this century never even thought it was necessary; apart from making sure all the important positions were filled with their mates.

Trouble is reforming the police is only part of it. The justice system and civil services also need reform. And no ones gonna take that lot on by the look of it.

Well at least this government have spoken about it. The previous government's this century never even thought it was necessary; apart from making sure all the important positions were filled with their mates.

Trouble is reforming the police is only part of it. The justice system and civil services also need reform. And no ones gonna take that lot on by the look of it.

I might have missed it but was there any mention of customers at the time of the raid?

Rather bad timing if they get charged with something especially if they happened to be married.

Unless they were caught "in the act" with an underage girl, what would they be charged with?

Maybe I'm missing something, but if these cops "had nothing to do with this illicit business," then how is it that the proprietor knew all of their names?

Please do not ask logical questions, it will only confuse the investigators.

All together: NO UNDESTAAAAAAAAND...