Home tv repair

lor

Hi. Does anyone know of a tv repair person or company who come to your home. I live in jomtien and my big 55 inch tv is much too big and heavy for me to take anywhere.

The manufacturer's service centre, if its a mainstream brand. Can be an expensive call out charge though - say 1k to1.5k baht.

Look on internet if you are not a saver of the booklets you get on purchase

The manufacturer's service centre, if its a mainstream brand. Can be an expensive call out charge though - say 1k to1.5k baht.

Look on internet if you are not a saver of the booklets you get on purchase.

My tv recently blew up with the last lighting storms we had. We contacted the repair man, he wanted 1000baht for the visit and he said if it was the main board would be 5000baht, but no guarentee, if video board probably another 5000baht. Thought I'd cut my losses and bought another telly. Have ordered the main board off ebay for 800baht, worth a try?

My tv recently blew up with the last lighting storms we had. We contacted the repair man, he wanted 1000baht for the visit and he said if it was the main board would be 5000baht, but no guarentee, if video board probably another 5000baht. Thought I'd cut my losses and bought another telly. Have ordered the main board off eBay for 800baht, worth a try?

You may well get lucky, My 5 YO Samsung 40" LCD had the usual backlight problem. If you take the back panel off after you have removed the power lead and type the part number of the damaged board into EBay you may well find used parts for around 700-800 baht, mine came from Bolton, UK so postage was almost the same as the board. If you're not sure which board is the problem take the TV to a TV repair shop most big towns will have one and ask for fault diagnosis. Call outs may be costly and may lead to disappointment anyway. There are also lots of YouTube videos on TV repairs but please do not touch anything with the power on if you don't know what you are doing, death may result!!!

Apparently one of the most common faults is a blown capacitor(s) which are cheap and fairly easy to replace with the right experience. (see YouTube)

Edited by Linesy

My tv recently blew up with the last lighting storms we had. We contacted the repair man, he wanted 1000baht for the visit and he said if it was the main board would be 5000baht, but no guarentee, if video board probably another 5000baht. Thought I'd cut my losses and bought another telly. Have ordered the main board off eBay for 800baht, worth a try?

You may well get lucky, My 5 YO Samsung 40" LCD had the usual backlight problem. If you take the back panel off after you have removed the power lead and type the part number of the damaged board into EBay you may well find used parts for around 700-800 baht, mine came from Bolton, UK so postage was almost the same as the board. If you're not sure which board is the problem take the TV to a TV repair shop most big towns will have one and ask for fault diagnosis. Call outs may be costly and may lead to disappointment anyway. There are also lots of YouTube videos on TV repairs but please do not touch anything with the power on if you don't know what you are doing, death may result!!!

Apparently one of the most common faults is a blown capacitor(s) which are cheap and fairly easy to replace. (see YouTube)

Yes the first thing I did was remove the back of the telly to see if I could see any blown capacitors. My telly is a lg 50inch smart and this is all that is located in the back.

post-195509-0-78142200-1465516872_thumb.

Apparently one of the most common faults is a blown capacitor(s) which are cheap and fairly easy to replace. (see YouTube)

Yes the first thing I did was remove the back of the telly to see if I could see any blown capacitors. My telly is a lg 50inch smart and this is all that is located in the back.

..unbelievably compact..need a magnifying glass to work on it.