big problem, where to get a bulletproof vest in Bangkok?

zappalot

Hit men use the single shot 12g pistol to your head from a close range......vests don't help much.

What is a single shot 12g pistol?

most probably means a sawn off shotgun. the police in thailand are like personal security guards. i pay a senior cop a monthly fee to keep an eye on my business. my thai shop girl suggested it when we first opened and i thought there was no need. after a couple thefts i changed my mind. i see many businesses around pattaya with the same red police letterbox and i hear many houses have them as well. in the future i suggest your management committee pay a security fee to the police but for now go to the police and pay them a fee to attend the meeting. take a thai person with you to explain the situation. hope you get back to us and let us know what happened.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you still really want one after all the warnings, drop by the gun shops around little India (Old Siam Plaza). There are a handful around that area that surrounds the plaza or across the street. They should be able to hook you up or point to you a place where you can get it.

They are right. A vest is not really an option.

Wouldn't do much anyway. it's visible so they would either aim low or use a knife instead and stab the person.

But while these things will most probably not happen, you can indeed expect some kind of retaliation because of what you uncovered.

If you can, just be with your wife always. Otherwise hire a cop. It will be cheap but very effective, nobody will have the balls to touch her with a cop next to her.

Unless you pissed off someone very influential but in that case you should be at the airport already, boarding an outbound flight.

...welcome to hell...

..you didn't mention what time the meeting was at...

...update us....unless.....

...as someone mentioned...you should not have made this personal....

...besides..'pack dog mentality' prevails...especially against hapless foreigners...

...good luck....

...Someone once told me, " Good intentions are worth !@#$%^&*( " ...time and again I see he was right...

we live in a condominium and me and my wife uncovered the cheating and criminal action of at least one committee member. The boyfriend of this committee member is a real criminal with a related criminal record.

After gathering enough evidence an emergency meeting of the committee of our building is set for today.

Actually I'm really scared as many Thais are not very civilized and you have to expect violence if you make someone lose his or her face.

So independent from the cost I would want to get at least a bulletproof vest for my wife.

where could I get one? Any ideas?

If that is not possible to organize such a vest with in a few hours I would even rent a bodyguard somewhere,, but I have no idea whom I could ask...

Sounds like BS!!

If not...

Only makes sense to leave..

Since you and Dick Tracy had to uncover things, you both should have left alone..

Anyway.

Are you bullet proof?

Or, are you just thinking, they'll just shoot your wife?

After the incident with the Japanese reporter at Swampy I don't think a private individual would be able to obtain a vest sad.png

Correct.

You must apply for a permit to be allowed and wear a bulletproof vest.

Doubtful is they would issue a permit to a private person, the permit is for news reporters and photographers.

I'm tired of these ridiculous posts, especially when the op just pisses off and never returns to the thread. Secondly what the hell am I even doing reading this dribble. I must be really bored to be on Thai Visa now. Anyways, minding your own business seems to be the best advice.

I would agree that most "professional hitmen" would use a 22 with a suppressor. However, in Thailand, we have seen several times, the guys role up on the motorbike, stick the homemade, single shot 12 gauge pistol, or zip gun, or whatever you want to call it, into the window and blast away.

I'm tired of these ridiculous posts, especially when the op just pisses off and never returns to the thread. Secondly what the hell am I even doing reading this dribble. I must be really bored to be on Thai Visa now. Anyways, minding your own business seems to be the best advice.

You've been here less than a month and you've had enough already? Wait till you've been here for two months then you'll have had something to moan about. Tsk.

You've been here less than a month and you've had enough already? Wait till you've been here for two months then you'll have had something to moan about. Tsk.

Adding to wooloomooloo.......sometimes it is these posts that make the rest of us feel normal!

So, lighten up anthony0339 and enjoy the laughter.

If your first problem solving strategy is a protective vest you've already lost the war. This should be the last thing considered. Wearing a vest as the unexpected consequence similar to carrying a weapon- it emboldens a person. I've worn vests and plates and chicken plates all my life, but never at home...never for my wife. Instead of mitigating your wife's fear you exacerbate it.

The very fact that you could offer you require one for your wife is so alarming that nothing short of totally moving ASAP is satisfactory. I can't solve your problem but having stated your wife's should have a vest, nothing short of leaving suffices.

Possibly he has already been assassinated, hence his reason for not returning.

Are you sure you're not over-egging this a bit, OP? Surely the condo committee is far removed from the OK Corral.

Anyway, do you have to turn up for the meeting?

Awhile back most people would have thought doctors to be far removed from the OK Corral up until one shot and killed two colleagues before shooting himself in the head on national TV.

In Thailand noone is far removed from the OK Corral not even a condo committee.

There is nothing more tiring than having to read ridiculous posts from people who who consider the content of this thread to be dribble [sic], the word is 'drivel'!

Thank you very much for the value posts ( unfortunately almost 90% of the posts are just crap).

Actually in this case our management ( normally they deserve not to be called management for the work they do) has been quite smart. The majority of the members of our committee got the information about the location where the emergency meeting would happen changed several times during the day and then again in the last minute. Some extra measurements during the meeting Made sure that everything could be done that needed to be done.

So they could decide to have an extraordinary general meeting of all the owners within reasonable time.

Meanwhile in our building ( where we do not live by ourselves) the criminal member of the committee kicked out the current management and replaced it by a new one. She had put an announcement in the elevators that the management would be replaced which happened the very next day.

Not only this is against the law as such a replacement need to be confirmed by a general meeting of (25%?) of the co-owners.

The preparation of the extraordinary general meeting of the cool owners is taking place in a completely different location.

Unfortunately this has to happen in our condominium building. Last time we had this meeting we had due to several threats and the unwillingness of the police to show up armed soldiers in the house.

I am nosy about what will happen this time...

Thank you very much for the value posts ( unfortunately almost 90% of the posts are just crap).

Actually in this case our management ( normally they deserve not to be called management for the work they do) has been quite smart. The majority of the members of our committee got the information about the location where the emergency meeting would happen changed several times during the day and then again in the last minute. Some extra measurements during the meeting Made sure that everything could be done that needed to be done.

So they could decide to have an extraordinary general meeting of all the owners within reasonable time.

Meanwhile in our building ( where we do not live by ourselves) the criminal member of the committee kicked out the current management and replaced it by a new one. She had put an announcement in the elevators that the management would be replaced which happened the very next day.

Not only this is against the law as such a replacement need to be confirmed by a general meeting of (25%?) of the co-owners.

The preparation of the extraordinary general meeting of the cool owners is taking place in a completely different location.

Unfortunately this has to happen in our condominium building. Last time we had this meeting we had due to several threats and the unwillingness of the police to show up armed soldiers in the house.

I am nosy about what will happen this time...

Happened to a condo i know in Malaysia. Same thing. The lady brought in sone thugs that double up as security and chase away the committee. Safety is an issue but not the least the cars are in danger too. If the fees is not too exorbitant live with it till solution is found. In this case they found the solutuon

And people are talking about buying condo in this lawless countrycheesy.gif .

An advice, man up. Go to the nearest homepro, buy an axe and do your duty. rolleyes.gif

I would abduct this scum, and teach him how to behave correctly....

Archived