big problem, where to get a bulletproof vest in Bangkok?

zappalot

I'm tired of these ridiculous posts, especially when the op just pisses off and never returns to the thread. Secondly what the hell am I even doing reading this dribble. I must be really bored to be on Thai Visa now. Anyways, minding your own business seems to be the best advice.

There is nothing more tiring than having to read ridiculous posts from people who who consider the content of this thread to be dribble [sic], the word is 'drivel'!

Which describes accurately roughly 99.99% of your posts.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hit men use the single shot 12g pistol to your head from a close range......vests don't help much.

Actually, they use a suppressed .22 pistol and empty a few rounds into the noggin.

yep... a suppressed .22 semi-auto Sturm-Ruger Mk. 1 pistol was a favourite of the North American Italian Mafia for several decades..... Very effective up close, just behind the ear. Does the job when wet work is called for.

if its that bad, move

they do make bullettproof underclothing these days for daily wear. i dont remember the company name but its oricey stuff for politicians, stars etc. lightweight and cant be seen well under standard clothing.

Are you sure you're not over-egging this a bit, OP? Surely the condo committee is far removed from the OK Corral.

Anyway, do you have to turn up for the meeting?

THE OP IS BEING REASONABLE...I uncovered the same type of corruption with my condo committee...and enlisted the help of others in the condo community...Thais were actually threatened with murder...and so the case that I brought crumbled as the cowards scattered...

The old siam shopping center, ground floor, has a dozen gun shops with vests as well. It's near thammasat/sanam luang. Probably illegal. But easily available.

About 100baht from national stadium in a taxi, or lots of buses which stop at sanam luang (number 8, 64) from which it is a 10min walk to Old Siam.

The shops are unmissable, they have huge shotguns and automatic rifles in the display windows. If they are on sale, I am sure a vest is also available. Probably need to speak Thai because it is a mostly Thai area, and maybe pay a "farang tax".

Archived