Taxi drivers rewarded for their honesty

rooster59

Taxi drivers rewarded for their honesty

post-247607-0-33351900-1465604100_thumb.

Image: Daily News

BANGKOK: Two Don Meuang airport taxi drivers have been rewarded for their honesty by the director of the airport.

Petch Chancharoen presented gifts to Thanat Tharachai who drives taxi Thor Sor 7202 and Suthep Riksamret who drives Thor Sor 9759. Thanat returned an iPad to a Japanese tourist who left it in his cab and went out of his way to see owner and com were reunited. The Japanese tourist gave him 200 baht.

Suthep returned a bag that contained money, passport and a phone to a Dutch tourist.

Director of operations Petch said that their behavior was impressive and helped to show the honesty of Thai taxi drivers operating out of the airport.

Thanat told reporters it never crossed his mind to keep the iPad while Suthep said that he was a professional driver that would never do anything to damage the reputation of taxi drivers.

Source: Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-11

The man's honesty is wonderful, and Thailand's probably not only country in the world where incidences of basic honesty are significant events, celebrated by small groups posing for the press, but to imply that it shows the honesty of all taxi drivers operating out of the airport is going a bit too far.

yesterday it finally dawned on me, thai 'demand' a reward for a service rendered.

200 baht for getting his ipad back. I would have given him that back also. What is Japanese for cheap charlie ?

Some posters just cannot bear to read anything positive about taxi drivers, can you? Why is that?

Cue the rest of the taxi-bashing lobby...they can't be far away.

yesterday it finally dawned on me, thai 'demand' a reward for a service rendered.

200 baht for getting his ipad back. I would have given him that back also. What is Japanese for cheap charlie ?

Some posters just cannot bear to read anything positive about taxi drivers, can you? Why is that?

Really ? So my calling a Japanese person tight after a cabby searched him out and returned his ipad to him, leads you to think I am having a go at the cabby.

Maybe you would like to explain how I was bashing the taxi driver.

this news is quite weird, these last day we didnt had a violent assault on tourists.

Usually its always when a tourist got beaten, cheated, stabbed that we got the fairy-tale story about the good thai taxi driver.

So today, why this fake good reward?

Glad for the good taxi drivers unfortunately IMO they are few and far between. Based on experience I avoid the taxi man whenever possible I would rather walk in the rain or heat to/from the nearest BTS/MRT stop than deal with them.

SL

All I can say here is that in Japan it is common for things to be returned and most Japanese will not expect a reward for this. It is considered normal, so it might seem strange for a Japanese to have to offer anything.

Really ? So my calling a Japanese person tight after a cabby searched him out and returned his ipad to him, leads you to think I am having a go at the cabby.

He can't. He's just touting what he thinks is the superior quality of his own bashing.

But, this is not newsworthy. Awards for doing the right thing? They are not heroes are they? Sure it's nice that they returned something, but it's also a crime to keep it.

I didn't say you were bashing anything, I did say that you were having a negative go at a positive report, as you do. I referred to, and said specifically, the rest of the bashers not being far away but on this occasion they seem to have buttoned it for some reason. If you choose to include yourself in "the rest" that's your choice.

He can't. He's just touting what he thinks is the superior quality of his own bashing.

Oh, yes, I can, I can explain all of my posts even though some posters don't deserve explanations. I would be interested in hearing how you concluded what you did about my comment to berybert.

Think you need to read the post again