Be Aware of the vehicle cameras Udon Thani- NongKhai!

hgma

Install these all over Thailand and seize the vehicle after the fourth speed violation – sure to deter the morons who risk the lives of others and will most likely cause some drunk drivers to lose their vehicles as well.

Obey the speed limits and you want have to "beware" of any cameras.

You want to have it same in your -home country- ? Or even more tight, OMG - blink.pngbah.gif

Do I want Thailand to have as few road deaths as my home country? Absolutely. If juvenile morons want to kill themselves by being reckless they can do it somewhere where innocent people aren't put in danger.

NO - I meant if you want all so tight controlled - same in your home country - I would not like that - because its to controlled!!!

Every stretch of straight can be restricted to a snails speed and same time you can be fined very high sums!!! Loose your license!

That is not for security that is same a new road tax and absolutely to tight! Chicane and harassment to make money! facepalm.gif

YES,

speeders make accidents and these make big waves in the media!bah.gif

BUT,

in my opinion, most accidents in TH, also most of the deadly ones, happen not from the speeders,

but from people who just do not know anything, - that you have to stop before you drive on a road,

or from a small to a bigger road on a junction

and from changing lanes without any looking,

special small moto, from left -hard shoulder - emergency lane- to right for a U-turn,

U-turners

and just everywhere some who cross roads - without much looking!

Not enough use of adequate helmets! Ect!

Your speeders - same in EU, a small percentage!

So your cameras ect - only for money for the Government same in EU! blink.pngwhistling.gif

Correct - speed enforcement alone is not going to cut down on the road toll. In actual fact, speeding in general is not a huge problem here. Driving too fast (or even too slow) for the road conditions, yes. However, on the 2 stretches of motorway in greater Bangkok, where the speed limit is 120km/h, why is it that most drivers don't even drive anywhere near 120 (usually only 90-100), yet as soon as they get onto the highway where the limit reduces to 90 and all types of traffic shares the same road space, they think nothing of flooring it to 140?

Doesn't make even a slight amount of sense. Sure, there are speed cameras on the motorway, but only in one location each (feel free to correct me if this has since changed). Km 5 in Bang Pa-in district, near the northern end of the eastern outer ring road is the only camera on that 62km road. On the Bangkok-Chonburi-Pattaya motorway, I think the camera is located somewhere east of the Lad Krabang toll plaza.

Of all the roads in Thailand, driving on the motorways 10-20km/h over the limit (provided traffic isn't too heavy) is no problem whatsoever and certainly doesn't impact safety. Even in Europe and North America, in many jurisdictions, the police will allow drivers to travel around 10-20 above the speed limit with no consequences. In fact, in places like Germany, Italy and France, when it says 130, be sure that most drivers will be cruising at 140-150 and as we know in Germany it's often well in excess of this.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be fantastic. I was fined there a few years ago. I was doing 80kph, while the limit was 120. Had the option....pay 200 baht no reciept, or go to the station, and pay 1000. Yes, you read it right. 40 kph below the limit <deleted>. Early retirement.

Huh? I have never heard anyone getting fined for driving too slow in Thailand. On any given road, you will see farm vehicles hurtling along at 30km/h, big bikes, BMW and Mercedes Benz Sedans as well as pickup trucks speeding along at 150km/h and the only ones that are caught are the fastest moving vehicles.

This is definitely a first.

-TomTomtom69-

I think, -Goanna- meant, he was cheated by police, he was driving under speed limit, but they extorted money from him! wink.png

That would be fantastic. I was fined there a few years ago. I was doing 80kph, while the limit was 120. Had the option....pay 200 baht no reciept, or go to the station, and pay 1000. Yes, you read it right. 40 kph below the limit <deleted>. Early retirement.

Huh? I have never heard anyone getting fined for driving too slow in Thailand. On any given road, you will see farm vehicles hurtling along at 30km/h, big bikes, BMW and Mercedes Benz Sedans as well as pickup trucks speeding along at 150km/h and the only ones that are caught are the fastest moving vehicles.

This is definitely a first.

-TomTomtom69-

I think, -Goanna- meant, he was cheated by police, he was driving under speed limit, but they extorted money from him! wink.png

Definitely sounds like it. Anyway, as far as I'm concerned Goanna's case is definitely a first!

Definitely sounds like it. Anyway, as far as I'm concerned Goanna's case is definitely a first!

Possibly, smile.png but do not know, because as I wrote above in other posting,

"I always drive too fast, so they Boys in Brown never wrong. tongue.png" - At least with me. thumbsup.gif

If the system is truly designed to work as pictured it is ripe for flaws. There will be so many vehicles not completing the distance between the two cameras that there would be a lot of wasted data.

Taking into account the common computer and electronics maintenance practices here what is the likely-hood the system will function correctly for an extended period of time?

I have noticed that a lot of cars are slowing to the speed limit while going under these devices, then speeding back up once they are past.

On a side note, one of my neighbors in NongKhai told me he just noticed a red light camera at the main intersection near Tesco.

Edited by Lee4Life

What is the speed limit ?

According to Thai law , it is at the discretion of the of the traffic patrol officer .

Preferred method of payment , COD , cash on duty .coffee1.gif

Edited by elliss