Recommend Me The Nice Pub To Chill Out In Bangkok

streetdoggy

Hi guys I am just new here ,I am Thai and been abroad for long. I just back to the country with a couple of friend.

Can you guys help me to update which pub is good to chill out and talk. Not too clouded and lound ,hard to find in Bangkok isnt it?

I like d kind of R&B soul soft rock like Blink Ozborn and Daniel Powter If have the good live band that would b nice

Thanks lots

:o

Bed Supper Club in Soi 11(Sunday is a NO NO unless you're gay), Q Bar, same Soi, Hollywood Ratchada Soi 4, Slim in RCA (many other great venues in RCA), Santika in Ekamai (not my favourite but it's ok), the list gooes on and on. Have fun!

Invite Noel to join you, he looks looks little bit tense :o

Edited by alexth

Bed Supper Club in Soi 11(Sunday is a NO NO unless you're gay), Q Bar, same Soi, Hollywood Ratchada Soi 4, Slim in RCA (many other great venues in RCA), Santika in Ekamai (not my favourite but it's ok), the list gooes on and on. Have fun!

Good pub to chill out and talk?! Those places? No chance!

Maybe The Barbican on Soi Thaniya, or the Bulls head on Sukhuimvit Soi 33/1. They may be a bit too expat-ey for your liking though... Try the jazz bar on the corner of Soi Rang Nam, near Victory Monument, called "Skytrain" I think. Or the bars at the back of Coco Walk, by Ratchathewi BTS station.

Invite Noel to join you, he looks looks little bit tense :D

Hmmm, I should imagine you two would bond nicely as your parochial little worlds meet. You should get together, or perhaps you already have.

Thanks for the offer, but no thanks.

Have fun... :o

Bed Supper club? How the music and ambient

Q bar I used to heard it

Is Sukhumwit soi 11 is Nana?

Good pub to chill out and talk?! Those places? No chance!

Maybe The Barbican on Soi Thaniya, or the Bulls head on Sukhuimvit Soi 33/1. They may be a bit too expat-ey for your liking though... Try the jazz bar on the corner of Soi Rang Nam, near Victory Monument, called "Skytrain" I think. Or the bars at the back of Coco Walk, by Ratchathewi BTS station.

The one at d Coco walk sound nice ,how s d music in there?

The Bulls head also ,how s d music and d parking

Thanks lots for ur help ,on d time I left d country I am teen and only place I went is rca :D

Try the jazz bar on the corner of Soi Rang Nam, near Victory Monument, called "Skytrain" I think

Yes I second this, the jazz bar at the Victory Monument is a good bar to hang out.

(And excellent live music)

Actually called Saxophone pub. Sheraton Sukhumvit also has decent jazz from time to time, in nicer surroundings.

Dawandaeng and the other beer halls are a fun night out; the ones in Ramindra are probably better as there is a stream of them starting from Shelter and running up all the way to Yes INdeed and then onto Dawandaeng which is way beyond Kaset.

For nice drinks and price to match, Synn bar at Nailert is a nice quiet spot. Distill at State Tower, Sky Bar at the Hilton on the other side are nice view places, bring your wallet as not cheap at all.

Bed and Q Bar are good if you want to meet middle aged expats or down and dirty tramps hanging around them. pretentious crowd and food as well, although great music. For proper clubbing music, Astra is far better; also further down RCA there are some newer places that are quite nice with live music. Most of the big name DJs playing at Q also play at Astra or Cafe Democ within a day or so.

There is a nice place whose name I forgot on Rama 3 right next to the seafood restuarant; very chill sort of a place.

Khao San has some nice pubs around.

For beer swilling and sport, Gulliver is a nice spot, again, lots of reasons to think you have ended up in Roiet or Korat judging by the females in the place.

For the beer swilling and english food, Londoner is not bad; Dubliner also across the road; Barbican is good too; there is one other somewhere around there the Xchange or something, all much the same although Barbican is a fraction cold for my taste, the aircon is crazy cold. Barbican has a slightly more ecletic menu. Robin Hood is another one, and has the cheesy lounge singer most nights I have been, which makes for fun times, the guy is versatile and willing to do requests; less sure about the loony singer at the Dubliner, who seems completely Irish, except that he actually is Canadian I am told?!

A short starter list; not sure of your tastes, tell me more and I'll recommend a few more.

Try the jazz bar on the corner of Soi Rang Nam, near Victory Monument, called "Skytrain" I think

Yes I second this, the jazz bar at the Victory Monument is a good bar to hang out.

(And excellent live music)

Actually called Saxophone pub.

Nope, I'm not talking about the Saxaphone, which is also a good option but bear in mind that the music can get very loud in there. A bit pricey too. It's right by Victory Point, on the Victory Monument roundabout.

"The Skytrain" is on the corner of PhayaThai Road and Soi Rang Nam, about 3 floors up and is a rooftop place which looks onto the passing skytrains, hence the name I guess. It's directly opposite the entrance to the Century Plaza.

Thanks lots for ur help ,on d time I left d country I am teen and only place I went is rca :o

Coco walk has about 4 bars mostly playing the usual crappy mainstream R&B / cheesy hip-hop stuff. The bars are good though, pool tables, pitchers of beer, etc. There's a huge Moo kra-ta (spelling?) place just nearby also.

Bulls head not sure about music as it's been a long time since I was there in an evening. Parking is possible in Soi 33/1 or in the small sub-soi which connects 33 to 33/1, although the spaces are quite limited.

Thanks lots for ur help ,on d time I left d country I am teen and only place I went is rca :o

Coco walk has about 4 bars mostly playing the usual crappy mainstream R&B / cheesy hip-hop stuff. The bars are good though, pool tables, pitchers of beer, etc. There's a huge Moo kra-ta (spelling?) place just nearby also.

Bulls head not sure about music as it's been a long time since I was there in an evening. Parking is possible in Soi 33/1 or in the small sub-soi which connects 33 to 33/1, although the spaces are quite limited.

where is Coco walk?

where is Coco walk?

Right by Ratchathewi BTS station, opposite side to the Asia Hotel so use the even numbered exits. Exit 2 will take you right by the entrance. There's a massive moo kra-ta restaurant which you can't really miss and various bars scattered around, the biggest proliferation being at the back.