Property Group

I am wondering if there is any interest out there in a small group of people getting together and pooling resources, both financial and knowledge and even just someone interested in something to do, to look into building projects together.

It is done in Australia and I know many Indian groups do it here, it is basically the done thing so it seems amongst the Indians to do this here.

I would see it as only maybe 4 people max and each person has a strength or just a good reason to want to do it.

If anyone is interested in discussing it more, please post or send a PM to me.

Must be in bangkok, for me anyway.

Mate

With all the uncertainty of ownership/investment in LOS at present, not a good time for the majority of small punters on TV. The bold and well healed may well make a killing, but they are using other people's money or money they can afford to lose. Not many on here I would suggest fall into that category.

I disagree, unscertainty is always here and if everyone thought that way nobody would have a go.

Anyway, it is here for discussion and see what comes of it. If a few people express serious interest, time for a get together and a chat in person.

Regardless, nothing will happen overnight and nothing will happen for sure if someone does not start 'something', so here is the start.

Thanks for the replies, this will be slow going :o

In Asia the concept of the "Group" when doing business is very important. It's not hard to find people with money to invest, but it's often quite difficult to find people that bring anything more to the table.

Our area of expertise has been finding the best examples of a given type of property (mountain, waterfront, view, etc), then finding the very best p9ossible cost of buying. This involves a lot more footwork than the typical farang is comfortable with, but yields exstraordinary results in the end. Our weakness is development and marketing. Consequently, while our returns are very very good, it is not unusual for the buyer to turn around and sell at a greater profit. IMO, if someone doesn'y bring any expertise or connections into a group, they are excess baggage.

I would be interested if it were in Chiang Mai. Also, I think 4 people is too many. Between 1-3 of then will let you down I think.

Many years of various business dealings in Germany and Italy and now here, have taught me only one thing......

Partnerships should always be made up of an odd number of partners but always less than three. Nuff said :o

In Asia the concept of the "Group" when doing business is very important. It's not hard to find people with money to invest, but it's often quite difficult to find people that bring anything more to the table.

Our area of expertise has been finding the best examples of a given type of property (mountain, waterfront, view, etc), then finding the very best p9ossible cost of buying. This involves a lot more footwork than the typical farang is comfortable with, but yields exstraordinary results in the end. Our weakness is development and marketing. Consequently, while our returns are very very good, it is not unusual for the buyer to turn around and sell at a greater profit. IMO, if someone doesn'y bring any expertise or connections into a group, they are excess baggage.

I agree to some extent, but it depends on what you are looking for from the group. Everybodies financial situation is very different. Some can offer knowledge and experience but just dont have the cashflow. Others do have the cashflow, but lack the other in one way or another.

I have a group of 3, maybe 4 now that are working on a project, lets see how it goes.

But there are opportunities for people that are either new to Los, or have been here a while and want to get into something. If someone only has 1 million baht to do something with and wants to live here, they will be pushing shit uphill on their own, but quite possibly could do something more with it in other ways.

An Indain friend of mine did this here last year, they do it all the time, he purcahsed and rebuildt a shop out of it with his little group that he had to get together to do it, otherwise he would not have done it on his own.

Anyway, I think if it is done right, it can be done well. But I do agree with everyone else re partners and so on, but I will say but !!!!! I have had a couple of less than satisfactory partners myself before and things have always worked out for the better one way or another.