Birth in Thailand – for 30 Baht

Inspire

Birth in Thailand – for 30 Baht

birth.jpg

The birth of children is always a joyous occasion. And a stressful one. For amid all the hopes and expectations for the future comes the worry that all will turn out alright and the little bundle you have already got to know somewhat over the previous nine months will be happy and healthy.

For me having a child born in Thailand was not a new experience. My older children were born at Rachawethi Hospital at the Victory Monument in Bangkok in 1992 and 1994. It was and still is a government hospital and I was very impressed with the standard of care in those days. While friends and colleagues went to private hospitals and paid ten or twenty times as much I put my faith in the Thai system and all was well and very good value for the money.

When my daughter from a second marriage was born in 2013 we went to the same hospital. This time I went for some extra charges including a special doctor’s fee and a private room. That and considering the passage of time made it much more expensive. But still very reasonable and all done with a gentleness and care that impressed me once again.

And so to this time. My wife was now registered, as is her right, on the 30 baht Thai public health scheme. Our daughter was expected to arrive on May 15th.

Long before the birth it had taken some time to register for the scheme and find a private hospital where my wife could be accepted. This meant being quite a long way from where we live in Bangkok but it all seemed worth it. When the papers were all sorted she registered the pregnancy at Nawamin Hospital in Minburi. This is a private hospital that accepts patients on the government’s scheme.

Although the doctor in charge of her case never seemed to have as much time as were used to before he was most professional and the nurses were delightful. Appointments were strictly adhered to.

Full story: http://www.inspirepattaya.com/lifestyle/birth-thailand-30-baht/

inspire-pattaya1.jpg
-- Inspire Pattaya 2016-06-12

That's a nice story----we had one last year----I thought my vasectomy would keep my wife from getting pregnant again

But apparently it just changes the colour of the baby............................coffee1.gif

That's a nice story----we had one last year----I thought my vasectomy would keep my wife from getting pregnant again

But apparently it just changes the colour of the baby............................coffee1.gif

lololololcheesy.gif

that's the best ive heard all week, thx for making my day greatclap2.gif

ps looks like its not just you as ive seen a few farangs in the same position

Usually you are entitled to 2 free babies in Thailand. I guess you have beaten the system by dumping your first family, keeping yourself in the black. If there is a Cheap Charlie annual awards ceremony I would go ahead and clear some space on a bookshelf if I were you. KUDOS!