Traffic cop slaps motorist - caught on tape

rooster59

Traffic cop slaps motorist - caught on tape

post-247607-0-59410600-1465699146_thumb.

Image: MGR Online

BANGKOK: A traffic cop hit a motorcycle rider in the face - not realizing that the altercation was caught on a mobile phone.

Now the clip is doing the rounds of social media after being posted on the Paung ole Facebook page.

The video - purported to be taken at the entrance of a Samut Prakarn school Saturday - shows a traffic policeman having an argument with a motorcyclist. Then he slaps the rider and brings out a mobile phone of his own to start filming.

The rider says facetiously: "Did you take a video when you slapped me?"

But the whole scene was actually being filmed by a member of the public in a car behind the cop who sees and records it all.

Source: MGR Online

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-12

Okaaaaay... that's something new I have never seen in Thailand before, very unbecoming Thai, and

a policeman of all and in brad daylight, don't thing this cop going to be a cop much longer,

if I were the other guy, I would sue his ass in court asap.....

In another thread someone is asking are the police impressing people here in Thailand? The answer is simply no. Just look at this which is not out of the ordinary if you have lived here long enough. Good luck with suing the policeman. He will be lucky if he is allowed to live in his house/condo, once this is known to have gone viral.

OMG! did you see that - he slipped him right in the helmet. cheesy.gif

The cop is standing in front of the bike - you can see he wants him to stop and turn it off and the guy tries to drive forward and hits the cop - come on, I give the cop a brake on this one or else charge the driver with assault on the officer - lets let him decide - I bet the helmet slap was just not that big of a deal now.

Gee - If I was the cop I would charge him with second degree assault with a vehicle, failure to stop, interference with an officer etc etc etc I would get him at least 2 years, lose of license and probation - or maybe he will settle for the helmet tap to get his attention. Yea maybe that is a good idea - I bet if you take that video to a lawyer and want to sue the lawyer will advise you get all copies you can and burn them.

In another thread someone is asking are the police impressing people here in Thailand? The answer is simply no. Just look at this which is not out of the ordinary if you have lived here long enough. Good luck with suing the policeman. He will be lucky if he is allowed to live in his house/condo, once this is known to have gone viral.

The sheer nonsense that some people post here is unbelievable. Police officers assaulting motorists is normal behaviour in Thailand? Can you link to even one other documented case?

Okaaaaay... that's something new I have never seen in Thailand before, very unbecoming Thai, and

a policeman of all and in brad daylight, don't thing this cop going to be a cop much longer,

or shoot him but i think you have to get another cop to do that for you

Lucky chap, had this happened in the USA, cop would have shot him.

I am not a supporter of the Thai police, due to things that have happened to me in the past.

Look closely at the video, bike rider was trying to leg it.

Bike rider in the wrong, the cop was in the wrong.

The cop is standing in front of the bike - you can see he wants him to stop and turn it off and the guy tries to drive forward and hits the cop - come on, I give the cop a brake on this one or else charge the driver with assault on the officer - lets let him decide - I bet the helmet slap was just not that big of a deal now.

Gee - If I was the cop I would charge him with second degree assault with a vehicle, failure to stop, interference with an officer etc etc etc I would get him at least 2 years, lose of license and probation - or maybe he will settle for the helmet tap to get his attention. Yea maybe that is a good idea - I bet if you take that video to a lawyer and want to sue the lawyer will advise you get all copies you can and burn them.

You live in 1950s America! Gee! Get real- cops don't get sued here or in many countries at all - in the USA they kill with impunity. Same in UK.

What would happen to a black bike rider in the US trying to escape?

And the relevance of this?

What would happen to a black bike rider in the UK trying to escape?

UK cops don't carry guns yet, and a semi-competent rider could lose the cops in a couple of minutes

Agree with #5.

Much noise about another "wise guy" who thinks he can ignore the cop and do a runner.

Seriously...enough with the Black propaganda...What do you think the police would do to a White runner? the same things they do to a Black runner...blacks just get more attention because they have "leaders" who parade before the media...

Another one to be moved to an inactive post. The department of inactive posts must be bursting at the seams

No. not at all, they will always need the tea money to be collected, that takes bodies, nothing inactive about that.

You live in 1950s America! Gee! Get real- cops don't get sued here or in many countries at all - in the USA they kill with impunity. Same in UK.

In the UK, just don't walk down the street carrying a table leg.

Agree with #5.

Much noise about another "wise guy" who thinks he can ignore the cop and do a runner.

The guy is thai, not a black fella. I don't see the connection between a thai and a black guy from the USA

Some motorists need a good slapping.

Well done !

Hmmm..... I would even say more than a few tongue.png

Just the other day, I saw a police officer ordering a Thai man to get out of the car and to give him 10 (or more?) push ups. This was in a very busy Tesco Lotus exit....

Weird?!? Not in Thailand cheesy.gif

Some motorists need a good slapping.

Well done !

Hmmm..... I would even say more than a few tongue.png

Just the other day, I saw a police officer ordering a Thai man to get out of the car and to give him 10 (or more?) push ups. This was in a very busy Tesco Lotus exit....

Weird?!? Not in Thailand cheesy.gif

are you sure he wasn't asking for another 10 baht.

Lol

And the relevance of this?

What would happen to a black bike rider in the UK trying to escape?

In the UK? Well he definitely won't get shot.

What I saw was the cop slap a helmet.

Because the rider took the helmet off after the slap took place and he dismounting the bike.

Some kids have a smart mouth and need an *attention getter* once in awhile..... even in Thailand!

The sheer nonsense that some people post here is unbelievable. Police officers assaulting motorists is normal behaviour in Thailand? Can you link to even one other documented case?

This should shut you up.

i witnessed a similar accident, except the victim was a young thai, and the cop did not slap him. But he landed a heavy punch in the stomach. The young felt to his knee.

And then the cop realized i was there and i witnessed the whole accident.

Then it was gold comedy: the cop rushed to help the young who was moaning in pain cheesy.gif

he slapped be cause he was beery beery bad man sir

couple that with a set of man boots, a german hat and a frankfurter and you have a case for defacment with extreme prejudice. squirt