Drivers License

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I understand that you can exchange an International Drivers Licence for a Thai issue but can anyone tell me the best way to obtain an International Licence. I have heard that there are several scams involved and that some are not worth the laminated paper they are printed on!

I can get an AA International Drivers Permit here in the UK, valid for one year, no problem. Is this acceptable to exchange for a Thai licence?

Any advice would be appreciated. Andy.

I can get an AA International Drivers Permit here in the UK, valid for one year, no problem. Is this acceptable to exchange for a Thai licence?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Why do you want a Thai drivers license?

If you intend on staying here for any length of time get a proper visa then you can aquire a Thai license with lttle problem.

The international driving permit is a legal document valid for all countries except two they will ask what country you are visiting when applying for the document it will last a year and is not expensive.

The police here as a rule don't know what it is,this to me seeing that Thailand has millions of tourists each year seemd very odd as I should imagine many of these tourists will have such a document.

So the license here I can change with a international from my country?

This I can also do at the immigration office?

Do you know a good car is it expensive in Thailand. I do not mind it is old a few years only, when I earn some money in Thailand.