Many lives lost in Orlando nightclub shooting

Jonathan Fairfield

Bad news.

Not 20 dead.

FIFTY dead.

So the biggest terrorist event in the USA since 9-11.

But we still need to accept more unscreened muslim migrants into the United States and Trump's idea to keep them out until proprer screening mechanisms are in place is just plain racism right?

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad news.

Not 20 dead.

FIFTY dead.

So the biggest terrorist event in the USA since 9-11.

But we still need to accept more unscreened muslim migrants into the United States and Trump's idea to keep them out until proprer screening mechanisms are in place is just plain racism right?

The Govt has demonstrated an inability to screen anybody unless they are on an FBI watch list and traveling under the same name. All of the 9/11 hijackers entered the country legally with documents and the blessings of US Immigration. Does anyone think the government can ascertain the threat potential of an undocumented refugee with no traceable background? That notion is beyond laughable,The west already has plenty of homegrown citizens willing and able to be radicalized without indiscriminately adding to the pool..

Does anyone think the government can ascertain the threat potential of an undocumented refugee with no traceable background? That notion is beyond laughable,The west already has plenty of homegrown citizens willing and able to be radicalized without indiscriminately adding to the pool..

We have the same problem in the UK. But the government pussy foots around them and lets them loose on bail all the while these fecks are planning on killing us.

Intern the MFs at the slightest possibility of radicalisation. It's not rocket science. Too liberal.

This is an odd one for the gun lobbyists . Not a single person there had a gun ?

This was a "gun free zone." Anyone can ban guns on his private property. People weren't allowed to take guns in there.

But the shooter was there , obviously

maybe time for a new law where gun free zones not allowed, that would have worked in this instance

where does the more gun thingy all end?

Edited by mcfish

OK, the police are pretty clear now they strongly suspect a link to Islamic terrorism. Remember people can be radicalized on the internet without necessarily even needing a more direct link to Islamic terrorism central office.

One probably unrelated thing about this is that trump recently had a big rally in Tampa, Florida, easy driving distance from Orlando. Obviously that would have been a much better protected target but it seems that Islamic terrorists would be interested in it.

Yes, unrelated. So why mention it, then, unless you think the passive-aggressive approach to rationalizing mass murder is politically useful? You're an embarrassment.

Apparently thenshooter has been identified...

"Sources have confirmed to CBS News that authorities are investigating whether the suspect, who has been named as 29-year-old Omar Mateen of Port St. Lucie, had ties to Islamic terrorism. Mateen is a U.S. citizen with no apparent criminal history, according to sources."

Source: Orlando Sentinel

Just pure Hate for America I heard the gays have more to lose than the straights and are going back Trump to live.

B.S.

That kind of sickening exploitative politicization by the trumpettes will only backfire on the American Mussolini.

JT - you first brought Trump into this discussion.

Just quit it - people have died. Have some respect. This thread is NOT about your political views, nor should it be about scoring political points.

Have you no shame?

This is an odd one for the gun lobbyists . Not a single person there had a gun ?

This was a "gun free zone." Anyone can ban guns on his private property. People weren't allowed to take guns in there.

There have been reports that there was an armed security guard on duty at the club.

I want to inject something that hasn't been mentioned in the press yet.

Most likely, some (or even many) of those at the club, killed, injured, or unhurt were not "out" to important people in their lives, at work, their family, friends, or maybe some to their wives.

I heard the police want everyone who was there even those who left before the event to contact them and make a statement.

I suppose they want to make sure there weren't other terrorists involved, etc.

As far as those that were murdered by the terrorist, I hope that we will see all of their pictures in the press, just as we would in with the victims of any terrorist event like this.

But imagine that for some of those murdered, this might be their "coming out" time as well to people very close to them.

Something to consider in this different kind of case. The gay angle.

Edited by Jingthing

It is likely a gun free place. Just one armed person could have made a big difference. The last one in Kalifornia was a gun free place.

"Mateen's father told NBC News, "This has nothing to do with religion." He says his son became angry after seeing 2 men kissing a few months ago in Miami, and he speculates that could have triggered his decision to kill."

you cant make this stuff up

It is likely a gun free place. Just one armed person could have made a big difference. The last one in Kalifornia was a gun free place.

NY Times:

The gunman exchanged fire with an off-duty police officer working security at the club...

"Mateen's father told NBC News, "This has nothing to do with religion." He says his son became angry after seeing 2 men kissing a few months ago in Miami, and he speculates that could have triggered his decision to kill."

That is incredible.

The desperation to make this an Islamic attack rather than a domestic terrorist attack will be huge

This is Islamic attack

Why? Because the guy may have been Muslim? Why not wait for the truth to come out (if that is ever possible) before fanning the flames of hate on the fire that burns already. Maybe he was just a Muslim guy that hated gays, nothing to do with international conflicts and terrorist wars against the USA. He was a US citizen. Far more people are killed domestically each year by Christians in the USA than by Muslims, yet now without evidence this is already being skewed to an attack by ISIS/Taliban/ Al Qaida. I can see now that by tomorrow morning every Republican in the USA will have this as an ISIS terrorist attack trying to exploit the murder of 50 innocent people in a bid to get Trump on the throne. We live in a sick world.

I bet you and your kind will blame it on the Mossard

What do you mean 'me and my kind'? You mean the kind of people that would like some facts from an official investigative source before we start allocating responsibility to groups or organizations? (the rush to allocate blame on here seems to be done far too quickly by certain people just to fit personal hateful agendas) Why would I want to blame it on 'Mossard' (it is Mossad by the way), I have no wish to blame it on anybody is that quite clear. I expect to be told who and or what is responsible, that is all. I do not take lightly the 'blaming' of the murder of 50 innocents on anyone without complete robust evidence and certainly not just because his name is 'Omar', it's like kindergarten.

Edited by Andaman Al

Pa Pa please us what your Religion teaches about 2 men kissing

To Bless them I think not

I want to add that this is JUNE and JUNE is the month that the majority of Gay Pride events (it's not only about parades) are held all over the world. I think this is important because that means that security is going to need to be increased for all such events. It just so happens that the Orlando event isn't until October.

Edited by Jingthing

Most likely, some (or even many) of those at the club, killed, injured, or unhurt were not "out" to important people in their lives, at work, their family, friends, or maybe some to their wives.

I heard the police want everyone who was there even those who left before the event to contact them and make a statement.

As far as those that were murdered by the terrorist, I hope that we will see all of their pictures in the press, just as we would in with the victims of any terrorist event like this.

But imagine that for some of those murdered, this might be their "coming out" time as well to people very close to them.

I doubt the families and friends of the dead really care if their loved ones were gay. They are people and now they are dead.

Have some respect for the victims and quit making this into yet another of your personal political crusades.

I want to add that this is JUNE and JUNE is the month that the majority of Gay Pride events (it's not only about parades) are held all over the world. I think this is important because that means that security is going to need to be increased for all such events. It just so happens that the Orlando event isn't until October.

It's also Ramadan so I'm sure the target list is long and not confined to LGBT

Jingthing, this is not 1985 <deleted>