"ISIL claims responsibility" for Orlando gay nightclub shooting that left 50 dead

webfact

No surprise when a country doesn't protect its sovereignty and allows open borders.

We can expect an escalation of similar events in the un-United States.

Payback for many decades of political wars will eventually lead to Marshall Law.

What goes around comes back and bites!

what on earth is Marshall law?

It used to be an Australian TV show

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This act by a muslin group may very well have secured Donald Trump the Presidency.

I agree Rayk, another act of stupidity by the religion of peace (if that's what it really was) has played into Trump's hands, and will make it a whole lot tougher for muslims in the US.....as it should!!

I think most Americans would believe that a Trump presidency would encourage more terror acts like this.

You "think" that "most Americans".......

On what do you base that thinking? You're politically left leaning, so think that "most Americans" are the same??

"Most Americans" are simply the majority. The majority of Americans know Trump to be incredibly divisive, pitting groups against one another. And of course, he loves guns, thinks everyone should have them. He's already out there again pushing his idea that the US should put a ban on Muslims entering America, even though this killer was born in the US. Which of course makes it much easier for groups like ISIS/ISIL to propagate their agenda that the west hates Muslims. He's a walking, talking, propaganda star for radical Muslims the world over.

If true.......Payback's a bitch Obama!......But this is what you want!!.....Perpetual war serves you (the corporate schill) and your corporate buddies ....

Added bonus........you get to crack-down on the people at homesmile.png ..........

All these wars in the middle east are at the heart of this hatred towards america and it's 'allies'

You memory is short...remember who started these wars.

I do remember. It was the European folk who started this war. I believe the year was 1095.

I am suspicious. My guess is that any major act of terror that happens in the US, is something ISIL (interdependent sacrilegious idiot lemmings) would take credit for. Also, Obama and Homeland Security would prefer that this be an act of terror, instead of the work of a madman, or a religious (non-Muslim) zealot, trying to express his intolerance of the gay lifestyle, and the open manner in which it is conducted in the US.

I am not saying it was not the super freak, gang rapist terror group ISIL. But, anytime they take credit, I am suspicious.

Let us hope it was not their act. If so, life in America is going to change overnight. Being the first major terror act since 9/11, to have been conducted by outsiders, and Muslims, it is going to awaken the giant security apparatus, already in place. Things are going to get ugly in the US.

If the FBI, and other law enforcement had not been spending all of their time, and squandering so much of their resources pursuing men having sex with women, and drug possession cases, it is possible these clowns would have been on their radar.

Being the first major terror act since 9/11........

Remember the Boston Bombings........The giant security apparatus are awake.Been thru airport security lately

in the US.....But this hardly going stop people of this sort!......The NRA have been seeing to this for decades....The bottom $$$smile.png

Things are going to get ugly in the US. ........i'm with you on this one

Agree ...quite ugly.

If true.......Payback's a bitch Obama!......But this is what you want!!.....Perpetual war serves you (the corporate schill) and your corporate buddies ....

Added bonus........you get to crack-down on the people at homesmile.png ..........

All these wars in the middle east are at the heart of this hatred towards america and it's 'allies'

It's a bit late to try and float this bullshit. People have been murdered, raped and enslaved by Muslims in the name of Islam for centuries before Columbus discovered America. Obama for all his faults has been only too keen to disengage U.S forces from the Middle East, so even in the short term your argument carries no water.

Disengage!!........giggle.gif ........My argument carries oil!!!

Your argument is spot on.

It carries oil and a lot more as well.

The Middle East is a bloody quagmire.

The shooter was born in New York, to Afgan immigrant parents. He was investigated twice by the FBI. The first time was in 2013, when fellow employees were alarmed by statements he made in support of Islamic tettorism. In 2014, he was interviewed regarding contact he had with the first US suicide bomber in Syria, who was also from Fort Pierce, where Moteen (the shooter) lived. In both instances, the FBI took no further action. Moteen was employed since 2007 with a security company, and was trained and proficient with weapons. Moteen was married, but his wife divorced him due to his violent actions towards her. Imediately prior to his assault, he called 911 and gave his name and pledged allegiance to ISIS and its leader. This guy bought both weapons two weeks ago, and his background check showed no negatives. I find that very strange.

You make some very good points...myself, I hold dear the right to own a gun, and I do...I think guns save far more lives than anyone can estimate...and most gun violence occurs between thugs and and punks killing each other, which to be brutally honest, is a favor to society...whenever anything such as this tragedy happens, liberals in the usa reflexively want to ban weapons and take away a very effective means of self-defense...for example, just imagine if a couple of armed, trained, and responsible people had been in the club at the time of the assault...I think you hit on some issues that could easily limit the availability of guns to individuals who are misguided, careless, mentally ill, or violent. Seems straight forward that if someone openly avows violence to a member of law enforcement...chronic mental health issues...a documented history of violence...or refusal to complete ongoing education on gun safety and use...then he/she should not have access to guns...

of course, in the usa at least, it's so much easier to purchase a gun illegally than legally...so maybe gun access is an issue that will take decades to resolve...

I don't disagree with your post. What I find strange is this individual worked for a security company, which, among other things, provides security for government instituions. He has twice been interviewed due to possible complicity in terrorist threats and actions. His ex-wife divorced him due to an explosive temper. These things should have precluded him from a security job, and should have been discovered in the background check when buying his weapons, but they obviously weren't.

ISIS will claim responsibility for any attack to western countries and people, just because they want a violent response back. Violence creates more violence, and more ISIS violent followers.

To forgive and forget is the only response to stop with this madness. Leave the Islamic people and its countries alone!

"To forgive and forget" is a mad response. Hunt down and exterminate is a far better solution. These Sunni Muslim hate groups hate the entire world, it happens in China, Russia, Europe, SE Asia and across the whole Muslim world. It is not just a western nation problem and no reason to be scared, appeasement is weakness and the bad guys will take full advantage of it.

"Hunt down and exterminate" is what the USA has been doing since 9/11. Have a look around you and see where that has brought the world.

ORLANDO, Fla. A gunman who pledged allegiance to the Islamic State opened fire in a crowded gay nightclub here early Sunday in a shooting that left 50 dead and another 53 wounded. The gunman, identified as Omar Mateen, had been investigated twice by the F.B.I. for possible connections to terrorism, the bureau said, but no ties could be confirmed.

New York Ti

ISIS Unveiled US "Kill List" Last Week, Including 600 Florida Residents

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-12/isis-unveiled-us-kill-list-last-week-including-600-florida-residents

One incredibly ignorant post after another as the wingnuts pat themselves on the back and wallow in the weird justification for their Muslim xenophobia. This guarantees a Trump election? Buddha give me strength.

This was another mass shooting, this week on the LGBT community by someone who should never have had a gun. ISIS didn't do this, another mental patient with a gun did this.

Violence against the LGBT community, the lack of ANY effective gun laws (Florida?) are what should be addressed, yet the low-infos take a victory lap over having pointed out the danger of ISIS in America.

Somehow, it's Obama's fault? facepalm.gif

We are standing for this violence time and time again. This isn't about Muslims. This incident is about guns. There will be another mass shooting next week and it won't be about Muslims. It will be about what it's always about...GUNS and at a minimum better regulatory system for guns — just like there is for anything else related to our safety.

The NRA runs the Republican party and is the reason for our regularly scheduled mass shootings. Enough is enough kowtowing to the Americans who cling to their weapons for dear life allowing a continuous loop of mass killing after mass killing.

We don't need guns. We need sanity, something in short supply on this thread.

Enough is enough.

The shooter was born in New York, to Afgan immigrant parents. He was investigated twice by the FBI. The first time was in 2013, when fellow employees were alarmed by statements he made in support of Islamic tettorism. In 2014, he was interviewed regarding contact he had with the first US suicide bomber in Syria, who was also from Fort Pierce, where Moteen (the shooter) lived. In both instances, the FBI took no further action. Moteen was employed since 2007 with a security company, and was trained and proficient with weapons. Moteen was married, but his wife divorced him due to his violent actions towards her. Imediately prior to his assault, he called 911 and gave his name and pledged allegiance to ISIS and its leader. This guy bought both weapons two weeks ago, and his background check showed no negatives. I find that very strange.

When they target Muslims, you call it profiling.

When they don't, it's a conspiracy.

The simple answer? Religion is a plague upon humanity, especially Islam.

You make some very good points...myself, I hold dear the right to own a gun, and I do...I think guns save far more lives than anyone can estimate...and most gun violence occurs between thugs and and punks killing each other, which to be brutally honest, is a favor to society...whenever anything such as this tragedy happens, liberals in the usa reflexively want to ban weapons and take away a very effective means of self-defense...for example, just imagine if a couple of armed, trained, and responsible people had been in the club at the time of the assault...I think you hit on some issues that could easily limit the availability of guns to individuals who are misguided, careless, mentally ill, or violent. Seems straight forward that if someone openly avows violence to a member of law enforcement...chronic mental health issues...a documented history of violence...or refusal to complete ongoing education on gun safety and use...then he/she should not have access to guns...

of course, in the usa at least, it's so much easier to purchase a gun illegally than legally...so maybe gun access is an issue that will take decades to resolve...

I don't really care about American gun laws, but please stop sending your soldiers to other parts of the world to kill people. People ar sick and tired of it. If they think killing is so much fun, why can't they just kill each other in their home country?

Some condemn FBI for not arresting him before the shooting. Yes they investigated him twice. He hadn't broken a law (other than spouse abuse?). US has freedom of speech. Should we lock everyone up? Not possible, but....

1. Too many of the wrong sort of guns available. There is reason those are called "assault rifles" not "hunting rifles". Yes, could have killed many by other means, but does that mean it is pointless to ban assault rifles? Yes, there are already many out there, so effect on supply would take a long time to kick in. But long time is shorter than never.

2. "Islamist filth": hmm is that hateful? Vast majority of those with religious beliefs just want to get on with life. However the radicals fundamentalists take their religion seriously and to the letter. All three Abrahamic religions based on intolerance, genocide, "smiting". Religion provides the loam for these warped individuals to develop and implement their hateful views. Justification in "Doing God's law" for what no balanced individual would do otherwise.

Religion and easy access to weapons are at the root of these horrors

Every single times innocents people are killed sowhere in the world by an Islamist...bah.gif

...we'll find some professor of political correctness to say: All three Abrahamic religions based on intolerance, genocide, "smiting"coffee1.gif

Before everyone just jumps to conclusions that Terrorism is on the wane, worldwide.

I would consider social media has no borders. Recruiting is going on right under your noses.

You may foolishly go about your business thinking that this could not happen In France, Germany, UK, Belgium ...yes..even Australia. However, much you wish it not to be so.

Not being attacked in the past does not mean you are clear...or that your policies are "right". Just by living free, is enough to warrant an attack. It only takes one nut job to believe what he reads on the internet.

Never hear a word from "innocent" muslims to condone this tragedy or do anything to stop the terrorism.

Apparently Iran is biggest supporter of muslim terrorists. Put a Tesla in every driveway and good riddance to Iran and rest

of Arab countries.

It is high time the west takes the gloves off and cut the snake's head off for good.

Sorry, but it gets harder & harder to buy the fairy tale of the "peace-loving, moderate, tolerant, mainstream Muslim" every day.

(I'll change my mind when I see Muslim crowds out marching tomorrow in cities around the world screaming their protest of this atrocity...)

Forget it hawker, because that IS NOT going to happen!!! They'll be high fiveing down at the mosque.

The only way you'll get crowds of Muslims screaming protests in cities worldwide is if you publish a picture of the prophet. You then have the followers of the tolerant religion of peace carrying placards such as 'death to all non believers', 'behead those who fail to follow Islam' and the likes.

One incredibly ignorant post after another as the wingnuts pat themselves on the back and wallow in the weird justification for their Muslim xenophobia. This guarantees a Trump election? Buddha give me strength.

This was another mass shooting, this week on the LGBT community by someone who should never have had a gun. ISIS didn't do this, another mental patient with a gun did this.

Violence against the LGBT community, the lack of ANY effective gun laws (Florida?) are what should be addressed, yet the low-infos take a victory lap over having pointed out the danger of ISIS in America.

Somehow, it's Obama's fault? facepalm.gif

We are standing for this violence time and time again. This isn't about Muslims. This incident is about guns. There will be another mass shooting next week and it won't be about Muslims. It will be about what it's always about...GUNS and at a minimum better regulatory system for guns — just like there is for anything else related to our safety.

The NRA runs the Republican party and is the reason for our regularly scheduled mass shootings. Enough is enough kowtowing to the Americans who cling to their weapons for dear life allowing a continuous loop of mass killing after mass killing.

We don't need guns. We need sanity, something in short supply on this thread.

Enough is enough.

Cannot argue with anything you said. And I truly hope it is proven that ISIL had nothing to do with this. Of course those desert rats are going to take responsibility for this. It is akin to Trump taking responsibility for the laws of physics.

The real responsibility rests with both the NRA, and the federal governments inability to reign them in. My guess is that it was a religious nutter, who had nothing to do with ISIL.

It would be nice if the POTUS didn't politicize this act of Islamic terrorism and coopt it into his support for LGBT rights an anti-Second Amendment agenda. He should instead direct his rhetorical skills at calling Islam out for what it is...namely a religion of intollerance and hate and the enemy of free people the world over.

This is a racist view. You probably have never heard of Indonesia, with the largest Muslim population in the world and very tolerant with a secular government and many others who in no way support radicalism.

"most gun violence occurs between thugs and and punks killing each other"

Nope, the killings are mostly due to : road rage, alcohol, fanily issues, just look at the stats...

imagine if a couple of armed, trained, and responsible people

There was security guards who started shooting as well...it worked quite well as we can see...

then he/she should not have access to guns...

Nobody should have access to an AR15 or any kind of gun like this, right now you can buy them at target or Walmart

st, it's so much easier to purchase a gun illegally than legally

Offer and demand: having so many kind of guns and so easily buyable make the black market price going down...while a black market gun is around 1000 doll in US, in Aus the price is 15k

of course, in the usa at least, it's so much easier to purchase a gun illegally than legally...so

Time to lock 'n load....will only be a matter of time before the next shooting happens.....and not just in the U.S.A. The world is full of kooks....all wanting to be front page news and claim their 15 minutes of fame.

That side arm I carry will come in handy one day.....will shoot first and ask questions at a later date and time. ???

do you think someone will `Announce to you what he will do and when ... how can you ever be ready for someone like him ... laughable comment.

When they target Muslims, you call it profiling.

When they don't, it's a conspiracy.

The simple answer? Religion is a plague upon humanity, especially Islam.

Sell guns only to atheists. The only group of people who actually think!

ORLANDO, Fla. A gunman who pledged allegiance to the Islamic State opened fire in a crowded gay nightclub here early Sunday in a shooting that left 50 dead and another 53 wounded. The gunman, identified as Omar Mateen, had been investigated twice by the F.B.I. for possible connections to terrorism, the bureau said, but no ties could be confirmed.

New York Times

Really glad that the taxpayer is funding the NSA and they are looking at everyone's emails and other personal data so they can find all of these terrorist. What's that? They have not located a single terrorist after spending billions of our money??? How is that even possible? Maybe the FBI will go after Apple if they find this Orlando bastard was carrying an iPhone and waste more millions? What a joke!!!

Sell guns only to atheists. The only group of people who actually think!

If atheism is the absence of belief in gods, then many Buddhists are, indeed, atheists. Buddhism is not about either believing or not believing in God or gods. Rather, the historical Buddha taught that believing in gods was not useful for those seeking to realize enlightenment.

That would include most Thai people who are Buddhist

Do you wish to think again?

Edited by Keesters

the whole episode is tragic, with so many innocent victims, including the family of mateen ending to pay for it. we sympathise with the families of the victims.

i am curious how a person with heavy arms gained entry into the night club. do'nt they have even basic screening for the guests visiting this night club.