"ISIL claims responsibility" for Orlando gay nightclub shooting that left 50 dead

webfact

My first rifle was a bolt action. Then I spent 2 years using a semi-auto designed to kill people. After that education both my hunting rifles were semi-auto. What I can do without is unsubstantiated BS.

Terry McVeigh Killed a couple of hundred people with fertilizer. When I was 12 years old I had a 22 automatic. At 16 a Browning automatic shotgun.

And the point is?

You can kill more people quicker with fertilizer than semi automatic weapons. Automatic weapons are frequently used in hunting animals. And you don't know what you are talking about.

"You can kill more people quicker with fertilizer than semi automatic weapons."

So can jetliners and buses and trains and cars. But none of them are built to kill people so the comparison is totally <deleted>.

"Automatic weapons are frequently used in hunting animals."

Only by p!$$ poor shots and rambos who are better off watching Fox news than running around in the forest.

"And you don't know what you are talking about."

cheesy.gif

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to lock 'n load....will only be a matter of time before the next shooting happens.....and not just in the U.S.A. The world is full of kooks....all wanting to be front page news and claim their 15 minutes of fame.

That side arm I carry will come in handy one day.....will shoot first and ask questions at a later date and time. ???

This was a loaner, not a terrorist group, I doubt the ISIL had heard of this guy until yesterday, as for everywhere in the world being at risk, well yes, but the USA is considerably more open to this kind of attack due the fact that any fruit cake can buy and keep unlimited guns and ammo unchecked.

it would seem this event or similar actually makes the second amendment stronger. i have never cared for guns but had the nightclub security been armed its possible a whole lot less people could have been shot- killed.

it will be very difficult to spin this into an anti gun agenda

obama reeling off about gay empowerment. they are just people at a nightclub like any people at any nightclub.

it would seem this event or similar actually makes the second amendment stronger. i have never cared for guns but had the nightclub security been armed its possible a whole lot less people could have been shot- killed.

it will be very difficult to spin this into an anti gun agenda

obama reeling off about gay empowerment. they are just people at a nightclub like any people at any nightclub.

except they were targeted for their sexual orientation. that doesnt happen in just any nightclub.

Many people are calling Gun laws a solution

Does any only think a terrorist will fellow the law

I always was taught thy shall not Murder

Why does the terrorist not fellow that?

Edited by HenryB

And the point is?

You can kill more people quicker with fertilizer than semi automatic weapons. Automatic weapons are frequently used in hunting animals. And you don't know what you are talking about.

automatic weapons for hunting? where?

North America... Apparently.

And the point is?

automatic weapons for hunting? where?

North America... Apparently.

I doubt that

No...they're part of the problem. The Pulse nightclub was, by state law, a "gun free" zone (a place that serves liquor). Of this the killer was surely aware and therefore it was a soft target and the law made his "job" easier.

Never hear a word from "innocent" muslims to condone this tragedy or do anything to stop the terrorism.

Apparently Iran is biggest supporter of muslim terrorists. Put a Tesla in every driveway and good riddance to Iran and rest

of Arab countries.

It is high time the west takes the gloves off and cut the snake's head off for good.

'Nothing to do with oil, which was pretty much always just a pretext which the back-biting American left found useful as well. All to do with religious intolerance & culture of violence and blind hatred of the west and all things western. Obama's pandering to Iran was/is a monumentally bad idea, and the 'good riddance' plan just won't work. They'll never leave the west alone; not so long as they live and can keep indoctrinating the next generation in their mosques and madrasas. 'Sorry, but it gets harder & harder to buy the fairy tale of the "peace-loving, moderate, tolerant, mainstream Muslim" every day. (I'll change my mind when I see Muslim crowds out marching tomorrow in cities around the world screaming their protest of this atrocity...) So many seem to be not much more than an islamist polemic away, online or from the local imam, from radicalization. Am only surprised it took this long to happen (I've no doubt the FBI secret files are bulging - and other LE around the world - with the thwarted attempts). And it's actually NOT the first islamic terrorism on U.S. soil since 9/11. Fort Hood? Boston Marathon? San Bernardino? Underwear bomber? 'Ring any bells??

Oil is how they get the cash to pay the terrorists.. u think they do it for free?

Never hear a word from "innocent" muslims to condone this tragedy or do anything to stop the terrorism.

Apparently Iran is biggest supporter of muslim terrorists. Put a Tesla in every driveway and good riddance to Iran and rest

of Arab countries.

It is high time the west takes the gloves off and cut the snake's head off for good.

That is completely wrong. I read a major apology from a cleric in the USA on Reuters very soon after this story started to unfold. You will find more too.

It is true that apologies by muslims tend to go unreported or underreported but they are there. Of course, you will find the opposite too.

Can I just say to the TV trolls who lurk within, I am NOT an apologist for anyone so that flaming message you were about to send me can safely be deleted now.

Point is, "innocent" muslims do nothing to stop the killing of innocent people. And why don't they? Koran states that anyone who will not convert

to Islam is an infidel and must be eliminated. This is a war of religion as most wars were.

ISIS will claim responsibility for any attack to western countries and people, just because they want a violent response back. Violence creates more violence, and more ISIS violent followers.

To forgive and forget is the only response to stop with this madness. Leave the Islamic people and its countries alone!

That is true. Let the Arabs and Muslims in their land and never enter in their problems and you will be safe. ISIS is really extreme and they give a damn F......about death. ISIS gives a very bad name to all Muslims.

"Let the Arabs and Muslims in their land and never enter in their problems and you will be safe."

BS. When the world's population has been entirely converted to Islam, THEN you will be safe. It's called violence and intimidation. You apparently haven't noticed, but Muslims are immigrating all around the world, and they expect to have it their way wherever they go.

ISIS will claim responsibility for any attack to western countries and people, just because they want a violent response back. Violence creates more violence, and more ISIS violent followers.

To forgive and forget is the only response to stop with this madness. Leave the Islamic people and its countries alone!

That is true. Let the Arabs and Muslims in their land and never enter in their problems and you will be safe. ISIS is really extreme and they give a damn F......about death. ISIS gives a very bad name to all Muslims.

"Let the Arabs and Muslims in their land and never enter in their problems and you will be safe."

BS. When the world's population has been entirely converted to Islam, THEN you will be safe. It's called violence and intimidation. You apparently haven't noticed, but Muslims are immigrating all around the world, and they expect to have it their way wherever they go.

not where I live they dont

That is what you get if you start meddling in conflicts you know nothing about, in territory which is not yours and with a strategy nobody understands.

If Bush had'nt removed Sadam Hussein and Muammar Khadafi, IS would have been eradicated long time ago.

I am afraid that this is only the beginning.

Eitherway it might also help that idiot Trump to get elected.

Rip to the victims and speedy recovery to the injured.

No need to go back that far. I do believe taking Hussein and Ghadafi out was a major blunder. But if the US had supported Assad there would be no Daesh. PC politicians will never get that.

The US should make nice with Russia and China,after all we are the 3 major players and the others don't amount to much

Oh lah lah.... Withdraw allied help from the US and the body count of incursion against a foreign power would be totally unacceptable to your people.... Hell... It took what? Six months to build up enough resources before the US committed to retaking Kuwait.... And that build up to enable "victory" was on an allies land

So.... Go it alone, by all means, and watch your precious "empire" crumble, as former allies realign themselves for protection against a new enemy

not where I live they don't

So how's the June weather up there at the North Pole? (I think there's a small district deep inside inner Mongolia they haven't discovered yet also...)

of Arab countries.

'Nothing to do with oil, which was pretty much always just a pretext which the back-biting American left found useful as well. All to do with religious intolerance & culture of violence and blind hatred of the west and all things western. Obama's pandering to Iran was/is a monumentally bad idea, and the 'good riddance' plan just won't work. They'll never leave the west alone; not so long as they live and can keep indoctrinating the next generation in their mosques and madrasas. 'Sorry, but it gets harder & harder to buy the fairy tale of the "peace-loving, moderate, tolerant, mainstream Muslim" every day. (I'll change my mind when I see Muslim crowds out marching tomorrow in cities around the world screaming their protest of this atrocity...) So many seem to be not much more than an islamist polemic away, online or from the local imam, from radicalization. Am only surprised it took this long to happen (I've no doubt the FBI secret files are bulging - and other LE around the world - with the thwarted attempts). And it's actually NOT the first islamic terrorism on U.S. soil since 9/11. Fort Hood? Boston Marathon? San Bernardino? Underwear bomber? 'Ring any bells??

Oil is how they get the cash to pay the terrorists.. u think they do it for free?

With the current oil prices... They must be doing it for free

The obvious reaction to this atrocity by the Liberals is to use it to further their demands for gun control - and sure enough they are up to it all over the net (inc. here). They are wrong (as usual) they have completely missed the point.

The reality is that even in countries with extensive and oppressive gun controls (European countries), radical Muslims have still been able to get guns and bombs and kill innocent western people. In France (where gun controls are EXTREME) in January 2015 two radical Muslims broke into the offices of a newspaper that had printed a satirical story about Muhammad and killed 11 people. And radical muslims killed 130 people in November 2015 in coordinated attacked in Paris.

So let me ask the unasked question : IF somehow you knew this attack was going to happen and you were going to be there and you had to go - would you take a gun?? Rhetorical question I know but it begs the point - what could have happenned if a few of the people at the bar had guns and had started firing back at this monster. But that is not the point and certainly not the real issue. Gun control is an issue that is unique in USA - the Constitution guarantees citizens to right to have guns - that is not going to be easy to change - but that is not the real issue.

The real issue is radical Muslims and what is being done to stop them coming into Western countries, and those living within those countries beiong found, apprehended and detained (deported if possible) - before they kill any more innocent people. Clearly what is being done now is NOT working. In my view the time has come to take a far more confronting and hard-line approach. What that approach is exactly, I do not know - but everything should be on the table - everything from questioning all Muslims in regards to their 'allegiences', and disallowing any dual-citizenshiphips with Muslim countries, banning all travel tarde and alliances to/from designated Muslim regions/countries, and being able to legally record any Muslim prayers and meetings where extremism is suspected. The current Liberal approach has resulted in the death of hundreds of innocent people - and I for one would be prepared to give away my freedom of religious rights, in return for taking extreme actions against those that can and do kill for no reason other than religious ideology.

Someone earlier mentioned that left-wing murdering group called Red Brigade. After all the years of atrocities and attempts to appease, the Italian Govt finally acted and arrested and jailed for life anyone and everyone even remotely related to them. Sure - some innocents were jailed - but that was the price for many more innocents living. It was only after this course of action that Red Brigade was disbanded and those not jailed fled the country. If the Italian Govt had acted 10-20 years earlier, many more lives would have been saved. The time to act in the Western world is now - and hopefully things will change in USA - and we will not get more of the same (comdenation and indignation - but no real action as to target Muslims would be politically incorrect). These radical Muslims are hiding behind all the freedoms the West holds so dear - it is time to take some of them back and give those that protect us (Police/FBI/CIA etc) more rights to investigate and prosecute.

If true.......Payback's a bitch Obama!......But this is what you want!!.....Perpetual war serves you (the corporate schill) and your corporate buddies ....

Added bonus........you get to crack-down on the people at homesmile.png ..........

All these wars in the middle east are at the heart of this hatred towards america and it's 'allies'

RUBBISH!!

RUBBISH!!............not!!.................kannot except the US and it's 'allies' want to destabilize oil rich countries and over-throw leaders to install puppet governments that adhere to

US demands while enriching themselves and leaving the populace with nothing but war and poverty!smile.png

Most of these "countries" would not even be countries if it wasn't for Western intervention and "meddling" a century ago. As for "oil rich", again - would never come about without the very same Western intervention and "meddling". Most of the leaders overthrown did not do much for the welfare of the "populace" as well.

If true.......Payback's a bitch Obama!......But this is what you want!!.....Perpetual war serves you (the corporate schill) and your corporate buddies ....

Added bonus........you get to crack-down on the people at homesmile.png ..........

All these wars in the middle east are at the heart of this hatred towards america and it's 'allies'

RUBBISH!!

RUBBISH!!............not!!.................kannot except the US and it's 'allies' want to destabilize oil rich countries and over-throw leaders to install puppet governments that adhere to

US demands while enriching themselves and leaving the populace with nothing but war and poverty!smile.png

Most of these "countries" would not even be countries if it wasn't for Western intervention and "meddling" a century ago. As for "oil rich", again - would never come about without the very same Western intervention and "meddling". Most of the leaders overthrown did not do much for the welfare of the "populace" as well.

those countries were countries when america was still a stone age society. and since when did america give a stuff about the welfare of the populace of the countries she bullied?

No...they're part of the problem. The Pulse nightclub was, by state law, a "gun free" zone (a place that serves liquor). Of this the killer was surely aware and therefore it was a soft target and the law made his "job" easier.

You are right time to let everyone arm as the bad guys are

I think the shoot was a Bad Guy

I do think his papa amd mother can sue for saying that.

It is okay to hate him?

not where I live they dont
Where is that ,down in the Antarctic or on mars?

BS.

even if the whole world converted to Islam, some Muslims would find something to war over.

"he was using a semi-auto which is easily purchased anywhere."

That's kind of my point.

"and yes, people do use semi -autos for hunting"

Semi-autos are not widely used for hunting anything other than humans. And there is no hunter that can't do without it.

they CHOOSE not to do without it. and no one is gonna be able to pas a law to change that.

http://www.outdoorlife.com/photos/gallery/guns/rifles/centerfire/2011/11/20-best-semi-automatic-rifles-big-game-hunting/?image=0

They did in Australia.

did they have to amend their constitution? big difference

Why?

Section 128 of the Australian constitutions sets out how to effect a change or amend its constitution. Cannot the US constitution by amended also?

In a democracy, the majority usually rule.... The majority of Australians agreed with increased gun law regulation/ legislation.... And so it was made to happen

To get a change in the US, surely all it would take is a majority vote, given its supposed to be a democracy over there.

Therefore, logically, the majority wants to keep there guns. Fair enough... Majority rules... Democracy in action.

To blame the problems with constitutional change is a cop out

That is an impressive list. What I meant was a well organized, mass attack. But, I suppose San Bernardino may qualify. Not sure about the Boston Bombing. ISIL has rarely employed the use of Chechens.

I am not attempting to defend Muslim murderers, but it is not reasonable to assume every time a Muslim kills someone, that it can be labeled a terror attack.

ISIL has rarely employed the use of Chechens.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junud_al-Sham

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Omar_al-Shishani

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_fighters_in_the_Syrian_and_Iraqi_Civil_Wars#Chechnya_and_Russia

Edited by Scott
Removed post edited out

You memory is short...remember who started these wars.

Just out of curiosity ....When do you think these undeclared wars started? Please don't say 9/11

those countries were countries when america was still a stone age society. and since when did america give a stuff about the welfare of the populace of the countries she bullied?

No, they weren't, unless counting the the pre-Muslim Empires, Caliphates, and the Ottoman Empire. Nation states are a relatively new concept when it comes to the region (and a Western one, at core). Most of the current borders defining present day Middle Eastern countries are the product of events which took place about a century ago.

Did not claim the US cared more for the welfare of the populace than for its own interests, merely that the leaders deposed were not necessarily better. Also, even the supposed benefits of being "oil rich" would have materialized if it weren't for Western intervention.