Suicide Drama at the Map Prachan Reservoir on the Dark Side

webfact

Suicide Drama at the Map Prachan Reservoir on the Dark Side
Story by Albert Jack

ds.jpg

PATTAYA: -- At 8pm on the evening of June 12 the Sawangboriboon Rescue Services received reports that a man was attempting to take his own life.

At the Map Prachan Reservoir, near the Siam Country Club in Pattaya, thirty-three year old Mr Michael, a Danish national, had slashed his wrists and walked into the water in a distressed state. He was heard by fishermen screaming that he wanted to die.

A rescue team jumped into the water but Mr Michael managed to get away from them. The next hour was spent trying to calm him down and reason with him.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/225307/suicide-drama-map-prachan-reservoir-dark-side/#prettyPhoto

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-06-13

Maybe his Terak has not been honest with him

The younger they are the higher the chance that they believe in real love in funtown.

Mixing up P4P with love.

Does not say that the old f... are immune tongue.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

Another foreigner saved by theThais. A daly event here.

Woman problems? Mental problems? Drug problems? Alcohol problems?

Foreigners sure keep these rescuers busy in Thailand. Even if it is just scraping up bodies from condo jumps.

Terrible job.

Nice people these Thais.

"He was heard by fishermen screaming that he wanted to die."This was not a suicide attempt , just a cry for help.

Agreed, and if he truly sliced his wrist to kill himself they would never have been able to talk to him for an hour while he was in the water.... he must have not cut deep enough to hit a vein.

What problems could a 23 year old have that would make him want to die?

he was 33 ,did you not read?

My bad. My eyes aren't what they used to be, which is why I no longer drive at night, and sometimes misread things.

So, at 33, everything was the same, except I was a Staff Sergeant. lol

Edited by Just1Voice

My bad. My eyes aren't what they used to be, which is why I no longer drive at night, and sometimes misread things.

Don't you guys always have PTSD? Assuming you fired a gun in anger.

At 35, I was a 5 star General in the Seals.

I love ignorant generalisations, like the one you just made. Did I fire a gun in "anger"? 3 tours in Vietnam, and many other "tours" in may different places around the world over a 20 year career, so you tell me? And no, not everyone suffers from PTSD. While many do, many others are able to handle what they went through, deal with it, and get on with their lives. I know many, in fact, MOST Marines I served with, who have gone on to lead very productive lives as husband, fathers, and pillars of their society.

But if you're most happy living in the fantasy world where all "combat Marines" are bat-crap crazy mental cases, then that's your prerogative.

I recommend then if you are out on the hunt, be careful. Sometimes when you see a lovely big set on a hot small frame in Thailand , it might not actually be a girl.

I have a mate with this problem also.

Always do a sniff test.

I recommend then if you are out on the hunt, be careful. Sometimes when you see a lovely big set on a hot small frame in Thailand , it might not actually be a girl.

I have a mate with this problem also.

Always do a sniff test.

I was married to my first wife for 28 years, till cancer took her, and in all that time, I never went "out on the hunt". I've now been with my Thai wife & son for 8 years, and never been "out on the hunt". If you have, that's your business, but some of us are actually able to maintain a relationship with just one person.

A fair few of these Scandis just fall to bits when they leave their ultra-nanny states. Alcohol often plays a big part. They appear to go a bit psycho and definitely don't know when to stop. Their other favourite [clueless] play is throwing huge money (most of it from the respective Scandi government) at mad hookers for months and months and years and being completely unable to stop. It is as if they have been trained and become completely accustomed to a society in which it is impossible to run out of money (which it is for most Scandis).

Having said that, the vast majority are very sensible, more sensible than me rolleyes.gif but there is a hardcore minority that fails to adjust to the lack of safety nets here.

I love ignorant generalisations, like the one you just made. Did I fire a gun in "anger"? 3 tours in Vietnam, and many other "tours" in may different places around the world over a 20 year career, so you tell me? And no, not everyone suffers from PTSD. While many do, many others are able to handle what they went through, deal with it, and get on with their lives. I know many, in fact, MOST Marines I served with, who have gone on to lead very productive lives as husband, fathers, and pillars of their society.

But if you're most happy living in the fantasy world where all "combat Marines" are bat-crap crazy mental cases, then that's your prerogative.

My point which i was getting onto was that in the UK apparently suicide is relatively high for ex army. So you'd think you being ex military you might have some sympathy for people who commit suicide for whatever reason. But based on your posts it seems not.

Yep a lot of uncaring numb nuts on here with all the sensitivity of sledgehammer!

We don't know what his problems are but clearly his mental health is very dire at the moment.

Depression can grip you like a vice and be just as damaging as a tumour or a car crash and the worst thing is because it doesn't involve surgery, broken bones etc their is little or no empathy, sympathy or understanding.

For all the jokers take a good look in the mirror, be thankful for your relative sanity at the moment and hope that one day you don't see an unbalanced, at the end of the line, on the edge, lost soul staring back at you!

You never know what life will throw your way.

I love it when some people completely miss the point of other's posts.