Military Appointed Team of Experts to Take Over Pattaya This Week

webfact

Bridge Clubs and other entertainment locations for the Pattaya elderly (are they allowed Bingo) will now need to have tight security to keep the combat troops out.

No doubt residents and tourists can expect to see many more soldiers on the beat wearing full battle gear, bulletproof jackets and carrying automatic weapons. Just as they have been seen to do in places like Soi Cowboy. That should add a bit of excitement to the raunchy tourist character of Pattaya.

The last outposts of democracy in Thailand are surely being extinguished.

I have never seen armed military in Soi Cowboy any time I have been there?

I live nearby and have, in fact, not seen any armed military on Asoke or the Sukhumvit corridor.

Google soldiers in Patpong

Long distance between Soi Cowboy and Patpong.

Google Soi Cowboy [emoji4]

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bridge Clubs and other entertainment locations for the Pattaya elderly (are they allowed Bingo) will now need to have tight security to keep the combat troops out.

No doubt residents and tourists can expect to see many more soldiers on the beat wearing full battle gear, bulletproof jackets and carrying automatic weapons. Just as they have been seen to do in places like Soi Cowboy. That should add a bit of excitement to the raunchy tourist character of Pattaya.

The last outposts of democracy in Thailand are surely being extinguished.

I have never seen armed military in Soi Cowboy any time I have been there?

I live nearby and have, in fact, not seen any armed military on Asoke or the Sukhumvit corridor.

Google soldiers in Patpong

Long distance between Soi Cowboy and Patpong.

Google Soi Cowboy [emoji4]

Sorry since this thread is about Pattaya I thought your point was military at go go bars in Thailand which has happened many times since I've been here.

The first thing they should do is to close Soi 6 for good. And destroy WS. Get rid of all the bar owners. Lets turn Pattaya into a fishing village again. Love and peace.

Dreadful idea! Anyway WS employs thousand of people and brings hard currency in floods. Fishing villages are joyless poverty stricken dumps . I bet you wouldn't want to grow up in ardous third world environment but you want it for others - very hypocritical.

Maybe WS and Pattaya bars bring in hard currency but they also bring in the worst scum on this planet ,criminals and scammers, pedophiles. No thanks, I keep my fishing village .

Plenty of alternatives around Thailand if you want to live in a dump by the beach with no infrastructures coffee1.gif

Do people actually believe that the military and their ' experts ' will run a new, efficient and corruption free Pattaya ? cheesy.gif

It would be really easy to fix. In my experience with the military in another country even a field grade officer could handle 90% of the problems.

Do people actually believe that the military and their ' experts ' will run a new, efficient and corruption free Pattaya ? cheesy.gif

It would be really easy to fix. In my experience with the military in another country even a field grade officer could handle 90% of the problems.

Only if there's a genuine intention and strength of character to do so.

Pattaya offers a range of ' distractions '.

Edited by NongKhaiKid

Simply not true - military organisation systems are very inefficient. If that was not the case Google and other successful companies would adopt a military model.

The first thing they should do is to close Soi 6 for good. And destroy WS. Get rid of all the bar owners. Lets turn Pattaya into a fishing village again. Love and peace.

Dreadful idea! Anyway WS employs thousand of people and brings hard currency in floods. Fishing villages are joyless poverty stricken dumps . I bet you wouldn't want to grow up in ardous third world environment but you want it for others - very hypocritical.

Maybe WS and Pattaya bars bring in hard currency but they also bring in the worst scum on this planet ,criminals and scammers, pedophiles. No thanks, I keep my fishing village .

It's not and never was your fishing village and your description of of Pattaya holiday makers is a disgraceful slur and an unpleasant attack on many good people who have a great time here. Have you ever been here? Do you live in a fishing village? You have a very arrogant attitude.

Simply not true - military organisation systems are very inefficient. If that was not the case Google and other successful companies would adopt a military model.

I guess you missed the sarcasm of field grade officer?

Edited by Scotwight

Update: Military Appointed Team of Experts to Take Over Pattaya This Week

up.jpg

Pattaya One would like to stress that our previous article stated that the military are appointing a committee of twelve members. We’d like to apologise for any confusion caused by a photo of army members at City Hall. To avoid further confusion this photo has been removed.

We in no way expect or indeed spoke of scenes similar to the Philippines where armed patrols roam the city streets and entertainment venue.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/225480/update-military-appointed-team-experts-take-pattaya-week/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-06-16

How much has improved in two years for the country?

On top of the list of improvements must be the fact that there has been no alcohol free days due to elections the last two yearsthumbsup.gif

The military is there to attempt a 'clean up' of the city. You will see continued raids on alcohol outlets. In addition, the foreign club owners will undergo strict scrutiny and the jet ski and other scammers will be put out of business. The real estate scammers and the so called legal offices/Visa fixers are also on borrowed time. How long all this will last is unknown. Actually none of it matters. Pattaya is undergoing a transformation from a Western playground to an Asian one. The Go Go bars and other Western oriented places are already in their death throes and the Western tourists will go somewhere else. Pattaya is way over built. There are not enough customers to go around. If the military never cracked down- natural selection would thin out the crowd.

My guess is that most Pattaya hating posters on this thread neither live or visit here.

So, my question to all of those who call for the eradication of this carbuncle on the arse of Thailand is, what the <deleted> has it got to do with you? How exactly are you affected by what goes on here?

For those of us who chose to live here, we like it just fine thanks very much, but thanks for your patronising concern.

I appreciate this is an incendiary topic but I am hoping the changes at City Hall will not derail the Waterfront negotiations. Within the last week, the print and television media have reported that negotiations are nearing completion. The reports stated that the parking garage issues have been "resolved" and an agreement has been reached to reduce the height of the Waterfront by 5 or 6 floors. Informally, Tulip has told buyers that City Hall may officially sign off on the resumption of construction within weeks. As a buyer of a Waterfront condo, I will be delighted if this happens but I will hold off on the champagne toast until construction resumes. After all, the buyers have already been waiting 23 months !!

The military is there to attempt a 'clean up' of the city.........If the military never cracked down- natural selection would thin out the crowd.

This is just another episode in the very long running struggle for power between the military (Army) and the police. When you see the military running raids in brothels you know that the military is currently ascendant. In the current situation it is only to confirm and impress upon others that the military is ascendant. These Thai institutions have very long memories. Just ask the Thai Navy.

My guess is that most Pattaya hating posters on this thread neither live or visit here.

So, my question to all of those who call for the eradication of this carbuncle on the arse of Thailand is, what the <deleted> has it got to do with you? How exactly are you affected by what goes on here?

For those of us who chose to live here, we like it just fine thanks very much, but thanks for your patronising concern.

Don't worry about them.

They're just jealous.

It's the best city on earth.

I appreciate this is an incendiary topic but I am hoping the changes at City Hall will not derail the Waterfront negotiations. Within the last week, the print and television media have reported that negotiations are nearing completion. The reports stated that the parking garage issues have been "resolved" and an agreement has been reached to reduce the height of the Waterfront by 5 or 6 floors. Informally, Tulip has told buyers that City Hall may officially sign off on the resumption of construction within weeks. As a buyer of a Waterfront condo, I will be delighted if this happens but I will hold off on the champagne toast until construction resumes. After all, the buyers have already been waiting 23 months !!

Best of luck.

But "within weeks" almost never ends up being just 3,4 weeks in Thailand.

New admin taking over this week, the assurance probably came from the old admin, some one who knew he wasn't going to be around much longer. Some one who didn't know either way.

I hope for your sake I am wrong. Great location.

The best thing they could do is demolish the eye sore Waterfront and the stupid parking carage in Bali Hai, as well as force the boat operators to unload their boats somewhere else. Bring back the park, the area used to be nice.

This is all about a very corrupt group of people that have been running Pattaya for a very long time and are now about to be removed (didn't happen soon enough)

Did anyone read the publication last week listing the current administrations acheivements ? were you able to keep a straight face

Take a trip down to the Bali Marina and see first hand what a great job they have been doing, there might be some of it left to look at, count how many times they have dug up beach road and every time it ends up worse because someones uncle was given the job and the money

The list is endless

expect Pattaya to get the same treatment as Phuket very soon - bring it on and about time

beach resort - are you kidding lol