Road to Phuket airport

Ian1980

It's not a big deal,but tonight i need to go pick my mom at Airport flying from Bangkok at 11 pm,but my driver license expired 2 months ago and,as i no have so much time,i don't renovate it yet.On road to the airport,at that time,can be any police checkpoints?Thank you.

There is a 1 year grace period for renewal, but during that gracd period you will be driving without a valid licence. So you can be fined and it can have insurance consequences in case of an accident.

I have never been stopped on that road.

If it's a five-year license, believe there is a grace period before renewal... up to a year, unless law has changed, but may depend on province. Don't think you'd have any issue if stopped.

There is a grace period for renewal, but still illegal to drive if expired. If you want tochance it then I doubt you will see a check point at that time of the day.

as a remedy against problems like these, I always recommend to set an alarm in your mobile a few days/weeks before expiration. This reminds me of my health insurance, tax/insurance of several vehicles, and whatever. Easily done and it works... Yearly dates are perfect as simulated birthdays wink.png

There was a checkpoint out of the airport,few meters before turn left for come go inside it.But they didn't check me or either veichles before me.Tomorrow will go to make the new driver license.

There was a checkpoint out of the airport,few meters before turn left for come go inside it.But they didn't check me or either veichles before me.Tomorrow will go to make the new driver license.

It's only a taxi check point.

• 2 weeks later...