Colonoscopy

watgate

Watch the "specials" on the Facebook page of Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai. From time-to-time they offer a great price on colonoscopies. At least 4000 baht cheaper than CM Ram.

I would imagine that someone asking for a colonoscopy, wouldn't be waiting for the 'from time to time specials'

If they checked the price now, any idea how much it is and who does it?

Just found their top and bottom package that expires June 30th @24,000 baht (RAM 22,000)

I wonder how much it is after June 30th at BH?

http://www.bangkokhospital-chiangmai.com/en/packages/endoscopy-packages/endoscopy-packages/

Just looked on Bangkok Hospital's website and you can't search the find a doctor section as you get this

404 - File or directory not found.

I think much better stick with RAM at least their website functions and you know what doctor you can have (not who you are going to get)

Edited by uptheos

Watch the "specials" on the Facebook page of Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai. From time-to-time they offer a great price on colonoscopies. At least 4000 baht cheaper than CM Ram.

I would imagine that someone asking for a colonoscopy, wouldn't be waiting for the 'from time to time specials'

Well he did say in January so I imagine that would give him some time to shop around.

Never had one. Is it not a simple painless procedure. I can understand maybe uncomfortable.

Had 3 over the past few years at Rajavej. No problem.

Overnight stay each time and insurance pays as it's no longer " out patient". Last time was THB19000, much less for same day.

So it's like longtime vs shortime just dirtier.

Well he did say in January so I imagine that would give him some time to shop around.

Never had one. Is it not a simple painless procedure. I can understand maybe uncomfortable.

NJ -- at your age you really should have a colonoscopy to see what's going on down there. You'll find that the procedure itself is painless and you won't remember anything if it's done properly. In fact, that should be the best part because you're given a happy juice in a vein where you drift off into a nice short sleep and wake up without feeling groggy for very long.

The unpleasant part of the entire procedure is the day (or maybe two) before where you have to alter your diet, consume some special pills and/or liquids and stay very close to the toilet so you're nice and clean for the up-scope. The upside is that you'll feel lighter and slimmer than you have in a long time and your pants will fit better.

After the procedure, the doctor should review the results, complete with color photographs and maybe even a video on a CD. If you're lucky, you'll see a nice clean interior view. You'll discover yourself feeling very proud of yourself for having done this and congratulating yourself on having such a beautiful internal organ. Your friends won't share in your delight at looking at the photos, however.

I believe one place is as god as another.I would look for the lower prices

Wow. Are you aware there is an issue with equipment sterilization in Thailand? The equipment needs to be thoroughly cleaned after each procedure. Some parts should be incinerated and not reused. Do you know how some service providers keep their prices down?

• 7 months later...
On 6/15/2016 at 9:33 AM, Rancid said:

I've had two at Ram, however have been reading lately they may not actually be a good idea. Back in Oz they do a stool test, less invasive, and only suggest colonoscopy if that shows positive.

A stool test will not tell if you have polyps. My  gastroenterologist used the stool test and blood test. My GP insisted on the colonoscopy. Two polyps that were a size recommending removal. This was at BKK CM Hospital where I saw both doctors. Don't remember the price. 

On 6/15/2016 at 9:52 AM, geriatrickid said:

Wow. Are you aware there is an issue with equipment sterilization in Thailand? The equipment needs to be thoroughly cleaned after each procedure. Some parts should be incinerated and not reused. Do you know how some service providers keep their prices down?

what you gonna do, swob it before insertion 

A colonoscopy is one of the few things one might not want at the lowest cost.  I've had one in the US and the equivalent cost in Baht was over 100,000.  The bill was divided up in three sections:  Doctors's fee, Lab Fee and the Colonoscopy Center fee.  In terms of safety their were a number of serious illness's and deaths attributed to "Olympus" Scopes used during both Endoscopy and Colonoscopy.  Apparently Olympus  scopes were difficult to clean and sterilize.  Some of the cases occurred in some of the finest hospitals in the US(UCLA Medical Center for one).  Choose wisely and take your time before you make your final decision.