UK can restrict benefits to EU workers, court rules

webfact

On june 24th it will not matter what those clowns in Europe say.
Britain will be out of the EU.

Don't think so and certainly hope not.

Quite right. What people do not realize is that the referendum is only "advisory". Even is there is a slight majority for leave, it is up to the Government whether on not to leave the EU. The Government is unlikely to decide to leave the EU.

You are spot on about it only being advisory and I am amazed at how many people don't know that. It will be interesting to see what happens if Brexit win though. Cameron has stated that he will invoke Article 50 straight after. However, he has to be Prime Minister to invoke that and conspiracy theorists say that he could resign to avoid doing it or that MP's could vote against it in Parliament. Also, Article 50 is supposed to be irreversible and once you have said you will leave, there is no turning back. Others say if the UK can't get a decent deal it can go back to the country for a second referendum.

If you ain't got the gonads to follow it through then don't do it in the first place, whatever happens

The words Gonads and politicians don't go hand in hand. He probably thought it would be the public would vote to stay in and then he could say "look I'm a hero and gave you a choice and you voted to stay "

The government would be free to get on with agreeing to whatever the EU threw at us. Don't think he thought it might get this close

Has Britain ever been considered a true part of Europe?
Or just claiming to be part of it, when ever it suited them for political gains?
We just save it...twice!

I just Checked the history book, thanks.
I appears that Britain had it's ass handed to it and then kicked out of Europe in 1939,by the Nazis, four years later the USA and Russia liberated Europe from the Nazis.
Since then, Britain has been telling everyone that Britain saved Europe.
I also so read that before the USA and Russia came along Britain had the most retreats and surrenders of the war.
Go Figure.

Yeh Britain had its ass handed to em . We done absolutely bugger all in both wars, we just pretty much waved the white flag. Britain has always been weak and has never won a conflict ever. God I feel so ashamed to be British. Thank God for America and Russia. Surprised you had to check the history books for it tbh, everyone knows the Brits through history have never been a great waring nation.

I do hope there was a lot of sarcasm in that post......rather than someone else who doesn't look at the facts? thumbsup.gif

Sarcasm! I'm English . We don't get sarcasm. Edited by Scott

Getting back to the brexit debate. We won't be leaving. I'm out but for sure it's going to be a clear 60/40 win for the in camp. Don't believe any of the poles ,they are way off. Most people voting will probably decide on the day, which will be the less risky vote.

Just my 2 pence worth on it.

If we go out, there's a fascinating possibility of Scotland becoming the powerhouse of the U.K. They are going to be allowed in the one market system, like Norway. I'm trying to get my head around what may happen but it gives Scotland enormous influence and we might yet see a break up of the U.K.

If we go out, there's a fascinating possibility of Scotland becoming the powerhouse of the U.K. They are going to be allowed in the one market system, like Norway. I'm trying to get my head around what may happen but it gives Scotland enormous influence and we might yet see a break up of the U.K.

What all 5 or so million of em? Powerhouse in the uk? Really. If we do in fact vote leave, it's not the breakup of the U.K. that will be of concern.

Edited by goldenbrwn1