Nice New Airport Bus

midas

I was just on Sukhumvit Road when I saw a nicw bus with the words

" Airport Express " written on the side and back. The seating looked quite luxurious

compared to the grubby vehicles that used to go to the old airport.

It was heading towards the new airport but with very few

passengers inside.

I knew nothing about this new vehicle until today?

Are they deliberately trying to keep it low key

so that too many people don't use it ?

It was painted in a similar yellow to the vehicles in which

members of the Royal Family are sometimes seen in

around Bangkok and it also had the King's emblem on the side.

Does anyone know where this bus terminates and where the

stops are along Sukhumvit ?

If the Airport Express looks really nice then I shall use the service next time. On the advertising said they have 4 lines : From( 5 am - 24.pm) Airport - Sukumvit, Airport-Khaosaan, Airport-Silom, sorry dont know the last route. They said they charge 150.- Baht each person to end of the route. If it is true, then it is quite good to use this service. Please let the people who has already used this service coming and share the informations. I'm waiting for the answer. Thanks in advance kha :o

If the Airport Express looks really nice then I shall use the service next time. On the advertising said they have 4 lines : From( 5 am - 24.pm) Airport - Sukumvit, Airport-Khaosaan, Airport-Silom, sorry dont know the last route. They said they charge 150.- Baht each person to end of the route. If it is true, then it is quite good to use this service. Please let the people who has already used this service coming and share the informations. I'm waiting for the answer. Thanks in advance kha :o

I was a regular user of the A1 Silom - Don Muang bus. 100 baht for a (relatively) safe 50 min comfortable ride to the airport, Buses every 45 mins but rarely had to wait more than 30 mins.

Situation now with the new Express service (which looked like a used bus with new still-covered-in-plastic plastic seats):

Price 150 baht

Waiting time for me 60 mins

Time to airport 1 hour 20 mins (with light traffic)

The bus crossed Sukumvit road 3 times (first going north, then south and finally east) to get there.

It seems that as the service takes about 30 mins longer which probably explains why the price has gone up and why you have to wait a lot longer.

I would be interested to hear of other peoples' experiences because based on mine I will be taxiing it in future.

The only good news is that the new railway link seems to be progressing.