Pout Mak Mak

bluedragon

Someone used this in the context of "Mike pout mak mak" I know or I am fairly certain that

mak mak means very much or very, but I don't get pout. Any ideas... Regards, Bd

Sounds a bit like bar boy/ bar girl Thai to me. Maybe it is a Central Thai thing, but I don't here Northerners using that particular construction often. I hear phuut maak (said with emphasis) or phuut yeu, but not phuut maak maak.

Edited by Johpa

Someone used this in the context of "Mike pout mak mak" I know or I am fairly certain that

Sounds a bit like bar boy/ bar girl Thai to me. Maybe it is a Central Thai thing, but I don't here Northerners using that particular construction often. I hear phuut maak (said with emphasis) or phuut yeu, but not phuut maak maak.

I think it depends more on the circles of people you mix with rather than a bar Thai thing. Just like us Farang we all use dufferent words and Thais are no different. My wife nor her family have ever said it front of me and sometimes I can พูดมาก when I am drinking. However I have heard her freinds use it once or twice and none of them are, or ever have been bar girls.

I usually get ทำไมพูดมาก Tammai puut mark? when I am drinking

or ไมต้องพูดเลย mai tong puut loy

but as I said every Thai is different and sometimes they use different words just like us..

In The Rai!

reasonably common outside of bars; (I can comment on the outside bit, not the inside bit, not my scene)

few other variations

poot maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahk

poot ling lub

poot muk muk (very short vowel sound, somewhat in fashion at the moment)

poot muk maahk (short vowel first mahk, longer second mahk)

poot mahk pai, nah bua etc

but no, there isn't the standard length mahk mahk used much 'round up in here.