How is Paypal allowed to do this

Why don't you talk to the seller directly? Explain that its in transit and show him the receipt for postal office. I'm sure if its like a store not an individual seller, they would be understanding about the whole situation.

PP don't accept an "in transit" as solid proof as too many scammers use the exact same trick to get refunds. I do think they should allow at least 30 days before they close the case against you, especially when it involves international transactions.

No luck trying to get a hold of someone on the line on paypals side? They have more power and patient to open up the case then those just replying to emails.

I am not looking and never requested to get a refund before the item is delivered, just that PP keeps the case open until delivery, which I think is nothing more than normal.

Every item posted anywhere in the world will be in transit for a certain period of time, so don't get it why PP has a problem with this, as I'm not aware of any way to get an international shipped item delivered instantly.

I have spoken with them, and they reopened the claim for further reconsideration, then closed it again with the argument that the item wasn't trackable, however I had sent them the same link as in post #40.

Anyway, I've already informed them about the new info through the message center, and will call them again later today.

And no I don't want to deal directly with the seller, as i have my doubts that a seller that knowingly sends me an inferior item will process a refund if not forced.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't you talk to the seller directly? Explain that its in transit and show him the receipt for postal office. I'm sure if its like a store not an individual seller, they would be understanding about the whole situation.

PP don't accept an "in transit" as solid proof as too many scammers use the exact same trick to get refunds. I do think they should allow at least 30 days before they close the case against you, especially when it involves international transactions.

No luck trying to get a hold of someone on the line on paypals side? They have more power and patient to open up the case then those just replying to emails.

I am not looking and never requested to get a refund before the item is delivered, just that PP keeps the case open until delivery, which I think is nothing more than normal.

Every item posted anywhere in the world will be in transit for a certain period of time, so don't get it why PP has a problem with this, as I'm not aware of any way to get an international shipped item delivered instantly.

I have spoken with them, and they reopened the claim for further reconsideration, then closed it again with the argument that the item wasn't trackable, however I had sent them the same link as in post #40.

Anyway, I've already informed them about the new info through the message center, and will call them again later today.

And no I don't want to deal directly with the seller, as i have my doubts that a seller that knowingly sends me an inferior item will process a refund if not forced.

All your other points are valid and understandable.

So you open a dispute with Paypal correct? What does the seller say?

If not, I'm confused on your order of events. You say you are not requesting for a refund until the item is delivered back to the seller?

I know your main issue is with PP closing the case even though you have a valid and up to date tracking.

All your other points are valid and understandable.

So you open a dispute with Paypal correct? What does the seller say?

If not, I'm confused on your order of events. You say you are not requesting for a refund until the item is delivered back to the seller?

I know your main issue is with PP closing the case even though you have a valid and up to date tracking.

I don't expect to receive any refund money before the item has been delivered to the recipient.

I opened a dispute with Paypal. Seller didn't respond to my messages through the resolution center, so dispute was escalated to a claim.

Claim was decided in my favor by PP on 31 May and I was asked to send back the item before 10 June and provide them with tracking info, so they would issue a refund as soon as they verified the seller received the item.

I sent back the item on 7 June and provided them with the tracking number and the name of the courier service, which is Thailand post.

About a week later they send me an email that they are unable to track the item, as they say the tracking number is invalid, and they close the claim.

I respond to them by email, send them the link to the tracking page from Thailand post that shows the status and also explain why the tracking doesn't show on the Aussie post site.

Later that day I also call them and explain the same, after which they reopen the claim for " review". They guy on the other side of the line tells me that " review" means that they want to be sure the seller doesn't receive a building brick.

On the 18th they close the claim again with the same argument, which is that according to them the shipment can not be tracked.

• 3 weeks later...

Call them and explain your issue.

Call them? I don't know about Thailand but I tried to call them from a European country where their website announced a bank account for making payments. After many attempts to call them, they said that this was not a valid account even though it was provided via their website! And the local authorities could not do anything legal against them despite the fact that they had falsely advertised, broke a basic contract, infringed my consumer rights and refused to pay back what they owed.

Actually they never refused - they just did not do it. No one on their side would agree to take a position.

It took several months to get a refund and I probably spent at least 12 hours and untold phone/Skype credit trying to get them to agree to repay. It was very clear that I would not be able to do anything legal against them.

Use Paypal? NEVER AGAIN!

And Paypal has the reputation of being easily hacked too.

They do what they like because they can.

Instead I use visa debit cards which work perfectly well.

Call them? I don't know about Thailand but I tried to call them from a European country where their website announced a bank account for making payments. After many attempts to call them, they said that this was not a valid account even though it was provided via their website! And the local authorities could not do anything legal against them despite the fact that they had falsely advertised, broke a basic contract, infringed my consumer rights and refused to pay back what they owed.

Actually they never refused - they just did not do it. No one on their side would agree to take a position.

It took several months to get a refund and I probably spent at least 12 hours and untold phone/Skype credit trying to get them to agree to repay. It was very clear that I would not be able to do anything legal against them.

Use Paypal? NEVER AGAIN!

Ive used paypal since their inception. They are a little expensive but, the service they provide is worth it.

After a couple thousand transactions with them over these years they have never done me wrong.

Guess Ive been lucky?

Please Id like to hear about the hacking you spoke of.

Use Paypal? NEVER AGAIN!

Ive used paypal since their inception. They are a little expensive but, the service they provide is worth it.

After a couple thousand transactions with them over these years they have never done me wrong.

Guess Ive been lucky?

Same here.

Don't like them, but have used them many times simply because quite often they are the best option available.

Use Paypal? NEVER AGAIN!

Guess Ive been lucky?

A couple of thousand transactions, wow that is impressive, or do you pay your daily grocery bill with Paypal?

Oh by the way, shame that after those couple of thousand transactions you still haven't figured out they are FREE.

Edited by Berty100

Use Paypal? NEVER AGAIN!

Guess Ive been lucky?

A couple of thousand transactions, wow that is impressive, or do you pay your daily grocery bill with Paypal?

Oh by the way, shame that after those couple of thousand transactions you still haven't figured out they are FREE.

FREE? Ha, I wish.

Like SL said they arent cheap but, the best option and especially with Ebay which is where the vast majority of business transaction occurred.

Use Paypal? NEVER AGAIN!

Guess Ive been lucky?

FREE? Ha, I wish.

Like SL said they arent cheap but, the best option and especially with Ebay which is where the vast majority of business transaction occurred.

Yes they are FREE, whatever I buy on Ebay or anywhere else, the amount I have to pay to the seller is charged to my credit card, in the currency I purchased the item, and not a cent or satang more..

So please explain where the Paypal charges are.

Edited by Berty100

Use Paypal? NEVER AGAIN!

Guess Ive been lucky?

FREE? Ha, I wish.

Yes they are FREE, whatever I buy on Ebay or anywhere else, the amount I have to pay to the seller is charged to my credit card, in the currency I purchased the item, and not a cent or satang more..

PayPal charges for receiving money. On top of that they have bad exchange rates

Use Paypal? NEVER AGAIN!

Guess Ive been lucky?

FREE? Ha, I wish.

For people using PP for business such as I did the fees are a little expensive but, the service is worth it.

Paypal must be guilty by now of millions of counts of petty theft.

Receiving money on a paypal account is super risky because Paypal might block the account anytime for some bullshit reason and who would pay a lawyer to recover 500 USD?

The only way to use paypal is as a buyer using direct credit card payment. That way, if there is a problem, you can still cancel the CC transaction. But I think there rarely is a problem with CC transactions because Paypal probably has a healthy respect for VISA/MC/AMEX who could shut down Paypal anytime.

Receiving money on a paypal account is super risky because Paypal might block the account anytime for some bullshit reason and who would pay a lawyer to recover 500 USD?

The only way to use paypal is as a buyer using direct credit card payment. That way, if there is a problem, you can still cancel the CC transaction. But I think there rarely is a problem with CC transactions because Paypal probably has a healthy respect for VISA/MC/AMEX who could shut down Paypal anytime.

Really millions of petty thefts? Some of you people, where do you get your assumptions and these outrageous stories?

Risky receiving money?

Ive read plenty of nonsensical BS posts and yours is right up there near the top.

If PP was as bad and corrupt as you say it is, it would have been shut down and sued many years ago.

Your post is straight out of lala land

Really millions of petty thefts? Some of you people, where do you get your assumptions and these outrageous stories?

Risky receiving money?

Ive read plenty of nonsensical BS posts and yours is right up there near the top.

If PP was as bad and corrupt as you say it is, it would have been shut down and sued many years ago.

Paypal stole 500 USD from me back in the times when I was starting selling online.

Check forums where internet merchants write about their experiences with Paypal, there are thousands of complaints.

Many internet professionals have lost accounts and money in the Paypal system.

The best is, Paypal doesn't even answer, except for a couple of copy-pasted messages if you are lucky.

Paypal is the worst of the worst in the world of internet payments, sellers should stay well away.

Risky receiving money?

Paypal stole 500 USD from me back in the times when I was starting selling online.

Check forums where internet merchants write about their experiences with Paypal, there are thousands of complaints.

Many internet professionals have lost accounts and money in the Paypal system.

The best is, Paypal doesn't even answer, except for a couple of copy-pasted messages if you are lucky.

Paypal is the worst of the worst in the world of internet payments, sellers should stay well away.

LOL