Soldiers raid orange juice factory after villagers fall sick

webfact

Soldiers raid orange juice factory after villagers fall sick

s5pm.jpg

Image: Thairath

SA KAEW: -- Residents in Sa Kaew called in soldiers to investigate an illegal orange juice factory after children and adults fell sick.

They raided the family business in the Wang Somboon district where they found 50 year old house owner Nakorn Sananram filling bottles with an orange concoction that bore little resemblance to its billing of orange juice reported Thairath.

It contained colorings, orange juice flavorings and only a little bit of real juice.

Nakorn said that it was just a family business he had been doing for a couple of years. He was in the process of applying for a license, he said, saying loads of other people were doing the same so he decided to follow suit.

Samples of the liquid were sent to the local hospital lab Wednesday as trading standards decide what action to take.

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-16

"Residents in Sa Kaew called in soldiers to investigate an illegal orange juice factory after children and adults fell sick."

Yes, I know, in most places you'd call the police and health inspectors..

Shows that the locals don't have any faith in the local Police then.

Most of them wont get off their ass unless there is tea money involved and that's only if the soccer isn't on the TV.

"Residents in Sa Kaew called in soldiers to investigate an illegal orange juice factory after children and adults fell sick."

Why call them? They're most likely the ones already being paid to turn a blind eye.

What a weird and wacky place we have here, on one hand DSI is having trouble getting over the temple battlements , because the nutty Monks followers may pour boiling oil over them and we have the military raiding a orange juice factory , I just answered a guy in the US who was wondering if he should move here , hope he reads all this........................................coffee1.gif .

I don't agree with military rule but goes to show you if they called the police or govt it would fall on def ears and as we have seen in other news lately the police don't do anything until the military get involved .

Many things are corrupt it happens in many countries corruption .

But at least do your job as a police officer when required .

They wounder why they have no respect from the Thai people they have been living with this for eons

No! In most places the hospital or doctors would be calling in inspectors if many were getting sick. In most places those police and inspectors don't turn a blind eye to vendors handing them some kickback. In most places you need to have a health and hygiene certificate and a license BEFORE you can sell foods to the public

'Nakorn said that it was just a family business he had been doing for a couple of years. He was in the process of applying for a license, he said, saying loads of other people were doing the same so he decided to follow suit.'

Now that I find easy to believe...

Loads of others are doing the same!

Time to avoid orange juice...

When they see news stories, instead of being deterred by someone being caught, they do it too because the just save a few thousand baht for the fine to pay. It's like the big banks and there legal funds. Do it until you get caught, and you still end up ahead. Few penalties or deterrents!

Edited by Redline