I Need A Non-o Based On Anything

NO I will not marry

NO I will not plow 2 million baht into some company and hire 4 Thais

NO I will not invest 10 Million baht

NO I do not want or need to work

I just wanted to point out those things I do not wish to do as I have no desire to do them so people can not waste time and space by suggesting them. I have a pension of 50K baht and assets of over 10 million baht. I am simply retired and enjoy doing nothing here in Thailand. I have 7 years of 60 day tourist visas and 30 day stamps in my passport. Now with all the new regs about, I wish to capture one of these NON-Os that so many people speak of. I do not care if I have to make a visa run every 90 days and am more than happy to do that

So.....how can I get my NON-O and what will it be based on and where in the region can I get it? I'm willing to go as far as say Dubai to grab this visa. Help me please folks. I dont want to be a guinea pig come January

When I came to Thailand two years ago I picked up a 1 year Non-Imm O based on having a letter from a friend saying they will pick up the tab should I need to be expatriated out of the country without having any funds.

With letter in hand I was given my non-imm O visa and every 90 days you have to do a visa run but that was it.

I presume you could get this same non-imm O from Singapore but for sure Hull in the UK are still providing them. They even have a template on their website for the letter :o

Edited by Casanundra

A pohotcopy of my girl friends pasport was all it took for me to get a 1 year non O from Brisbane last year. I do believe a letter from a friend or girlfriend would be enough, if you also provided copies of their ID card and passport if they have one. Obviously the more doccuments you can give, the easier it will be. If you know a girl you fairly trust, and she will provide you copies of her doccuments and a letter, you could put on the application for going to stay with your fiance, that is how I did it in the past.

Singapore will still issue 1 year Non O's in this region, but also try Brisbane in Australia if your a westerner, they are pretty relaxed. Always call ahead or e-mail the embassy just to be safe. Good Luck!

A pohotcopy of my girl friends pasport was all it took for me to get a 1 year non O from Brisbane last year. I do believe a letter from a friend or girlfriend would be enough, if you also provided copies of their ID card and passport if they have one. Obviously the more doccuments you can give, the easier it will be. If you know a girl you fairly trust, and she will provide you copies of her doccuments and a letter, you could put on the application for going to stay with your fiance, that is how I did it in the past.

Singapore will still issue 1 year Non O's in this region, but also try Brisbane in Australia if your a westerner, they are pretty relaxed. Always call ahead or e-mail the embassy just to be safe. Good Luck!

u dont have to produce a marriage cert/documents?

To aussie style...

How much did you pay for that visa?

A multi-entry visa is about 5000 Baht (in local currency) :o

BUT you'll only get a non-o on these grounds form a non-Asian consulate, forget trying KL or Singapore etc.

I Got a non o visa showing that i had purchased a condo.

My friend got an non o visa by showing he had a bank account which had 10,000bht in , he told the consulate that he was going to transfer another 800,000 next week and would not be able to show this as the book would need to go bank to thailand to be updated

GOOD LUCK

• 1 year later...

In general the consulates are more friendly than the embassies.

You need to apply in you home country, and plan for an annual visit for a new visa.

Perth and Brisbane in Australia, and Hull and Birmingham in the UK come to mind.