Fined from immigration yesterday in our hotel

Yesterday immigration officers went to our hotel and asked to see the registered guests.At the moment were 11 guests in house.They asked why we don't submit copy of the passport and visa to the immigration office in phuket:they said is a procedure that should be done any time someone check in.The "real"fine should be 10.000 baht for any unregistered guests.After a long(2 hours)speech we agreed for 6000 baht for unregistered guests:so yesterday i saw 66.000 fly away.

I know several guys who have some condos that they rent out. They have never paid any tax nor have they registered their renters. They are quite worried right now. Recently immigration has been asking for details and information from renters. Renters need to furnish a contract, name of the owner they rent from and a copy of the owner's ID.

And what if you live in a gfs house, or condo with gf name on lease?

Anyone in this position that knows already, you try and tell the gf and the landlord, they both look at you like you are crazy.

I mentioned this issue to several Thais and they mostly just scoff or say "no no, no have to do for you"

So yeah..pretty hard to get the process done, copies of lease etc when your up against this.

then if they get fined,they will be coming to you for the money because its your fault cause your the farang staying here.grrr

Bad Luck & rather harsh treatment for a first offence. (Hopefully your last)

This could be a wake up call for anybody who owns & rents out rooms, condos or houses.

Wonder if my landlord has notified immigration of our details (12 years in same apartment) ???

• Like 1

Good! Next time you will follow Thai Law!

Sigh, and I guess you know every Thai law that's ever been passed?

As the OP said he's new to this, a harsh lesson learnt for him

This is not a "Thai law", it is the same in nearly every country. All people in the hotel industry should know that all guests must be registered

I know several guys who have some condos that they rent out. They have never paid any tax nor have they registered their renters. They are quite worried right now. Recently immigration has been asking for details and information from renters. Renters need to furnish a contract, name of the owner they rent from and a copy of the owner's ID.

And what if you live in a gfs house, or condo with gf name on lease?

Anyone in this position that knows already, you try and tell the gf and the landlord, they both look at you like you are crazy.

I mentioned this issue to several Thais and they mostly just scoff or say "no no, no have to do for you"

So yeah..pretty hard to get the process done, copies of lease etc when your up against this.

then if they get fined,they will be coming to you for the money because its your fault cause your the farang staying here.grrr

That's what your TM28 & 30 are for.

kap choeng seems to think it's all BS, when i asked at immigration about it,ie. if i go to BKK for a week does the missus have to register with immigration that i am back they just pooh poohed the idea, no not for just a week, they just didn't seem bothered.