Need to change...

Ian1980

Need to change few neon in our guests room:but i went to Thai Watsadu and Home Pro,but they don't have.Which other shops i can try for find it?It's a Psp brand,t5 prevalence style lamp,12 W,with 220v-50Hz.

You might try House and Home on Chaofa West - to be honest I've not really seen these neon style light for sale here on the island.

Same to me (not on the island).

I can't remember to have seen those "slim" types neons (slim T5 = 16 mm while all the usual stuff is T8 = 26 mm).

The question will probably be: where on Phuket is a specialized lamp/lightning shop (or a well assorted electrical equipment shop),

Better than the usual chain stores.

FluorescentLampsA.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

Waiting for the OP to clarify.

A "T5" is a measure for a fluorescent "strip".

A picture would help.

I think the OP meant fluorescent, not neon.

http://www.lrc.rpi.edu/programs/nlpip/lightingAnswers/lat5/pc1.asp

What are T5 lamps?

T5 lamps are fluorescent lamps that are 5/8" of an inch in diameter. This report discusses only linear T5 lamps. Differences in length and socket pin design versus conventional fluorescent lamps prevent any problems with electric circuits or human factors. This section focuses on the physical characteristics of T5 systems compared with T8 systems.

What does T5 mean?

The "T" in lamp nomenclature represents the shape of the lamp-tubular. The number following the "T" usually represents the diameter of the lamp in eighths of an inch (1 inch equals 2.5 centimeters). T5 lamps have a diameter equal to 5 times an eighth of an inch, or 5/8". These lamps are approximately 40% smaller than T8 lamps, which are one inch in diameter, and almost 60% smaller than T12 lamps, which are 1½" in diameter. Figure 1 shows diagrams of lamp ends of T5, T8, and T12 lamps. Figure 1 also shows that pin base type of T5 lamps is different from that of T8 and T12 lamps. T5 lamps have a miniature bi-pin base while T8 and T12 lamps use a medium bi-pin base.

Figure 1. Lamp Ends

Are T5 lamps the same length as T8 lamps?

T5 lamps are slightly shorter than T8 lamps and therefore cannot be used as replacements for the larger lamps. Some luminaires, however, can be made to accept either T5 or T8 lamps by changing the sockets and ballasts. Table 1-1 compares lengths of T5 lamps with T8 and T12 lamps.

Edited by Jimi007