Early Visa Savanakhet

I have a non -o visa (spouse) that ends on July 20th, but I need to apply for another one earlier (to make my life easier for my work permit application). I am trying to discover how early I can do this. I have read a few threads on here but they mainly talk about extending, and I am not sure that is the same.

I will go to Savanakhet to process the visa and it will be a brand new multiple entry visa for 1 year.

Any help will be appreciated

Cheers

Getting a work permit will not be dependent upon your visas validity. Your most recent 90 day entry from it will be what is important,

You could get a new 90 day entry as long as your do it on or before the enter before date on your visa. Then you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife.

Of course you can go early no problem.

They will just stamp your current (still valid) visa VOID

Do you know if it is possible to do this over a month early? I think I am worried as all the extensions etc seem to be a maximum of 30 days early.

Sorry if I seem clueless, but I will have to travel for 9 hours to do this and I don't want to mess it up.

Thanks for the reply

Getting a work permit will not be dependent upon your visas validity. Your most recent 90 day entry from it will be what is important,

You could get a new 90 day entry as long as your do it on or before the enter before date on your visa. Then you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife.

This is what I thought too, but the dept of employment here is saying that once my visa date is out they cannot process my work permit. I'm not sure how correct that is as I used to get a work permit for 1 year, but now they will only allow 3 months as I was only allowed 3 months every time I did a border run. It could just be the head of the office though

This is what I thought too, but the dept of employment here is saying that once my visa date is out they cannot process my work permit. I'm not sure how correct that is as I used to get a work permit for 1 year, but now they will only allow 3 months as I was only allowed 3 months every time I did a border run. It could just be the head of the office though

Since 2008 a work permits validity is not linked to a persons permit to stay. The office is out of date with their requirements.

Many people are getting one year work permits with multiple entry non-b visas. Penang where many people get them requires at least 8 months of work permit validity to get them.

It would be better for you to apply for a 1 year extension of stay based on marriage. You need a minimum income of 40K pm or a minimum of 400K in the bank for two months. No more visa or border runs needed and the work permit issue is solved.

Since 2008 a work permits validity is not linked to a persons permit to stay. The office is out of date with their requirements.

Many people are getting one year work permits with multiple entry non-b visas. Penang where many people get them requires at least 8 months of work permit validity to get them.

Yeah, it's very annoying as I used to get 1 year. Seems odd that the office was up to date and have now become out of date, but I have come to accept what they do. Unfortunately I have no idea where to find this info to put under their noses, and the school seem to be happy to just do 3 months at a time. I have to do a medical every 3 months (and pay for it), but that is all